Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to expect?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Excellent, and college hasn't even started yet.
    ;)

It's a relatively new course I think, the level 8 Business degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

yep think its the first year of it
    did you do your LC this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Isn't it great that the mod for NCI is telling us not to go there!? Awh well, i live 2 minutes away, I amen't complaining, can't wait to start :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Which one where?

You will enjoy it there:)

Walsh wrote: »
    Isn't it great that the mod for NCI is telling us not to go there!? Awh well, i live 2 minutes away, I amen't complaining, can't wait to start :D

What course are you hoping to do?

• Advertisement

dragonfly! wrote: »
    yep think its the first year of it
    did you do your LC this year?

Hahahaha I wish.

2006 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Which one where?

You will enjoy it there:)

Yh Nci has some negative aspects but you will definetly have a good time there and make a lot of new friends in the process.

xIsabelx wrote: »
    Hahahaha I wish.

2006 :(

why are you sad about that?
    I did mine last year :)

Because I'll feel outnumbered by all the young ones!

myeh age is just a number:)
    im 20 if that makes you feel any better?
    do you know when orientation is?
    I emailed them yesterday and rang them today but no reply to my email and no answer on the phone either:eek:

• Advertisement

Yes, it makes me feel marginally better :D

I'm pretty sure it's on the 7th? I'd say we'll get a letter in the post about it. Offers are on Monday...second time I've gone through the CAO :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

anyone out there doing accounting was gonna do it in dcu but the points were so blooming high. As for getting a job or watever does it really matter with accountancy since after you leaving the college you will still be doing exams to become one. But all in all i dont care live like 4 minutes away. Few my mates are there and seems like a good place.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

Got an offer to start part time here, probably attending here next september depending on other offers I may get.

With regard the academic calender, what is the Second Semester Examination Board all about?

See you in september maybe! :p

Oh another quick question, for on campus accomodation- can you pay on weekly/monthly basis?

Also I read you only get internet access for 2 hours per day in your room ? Is that correct ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If it is a part time course surely you won't be living on campus?
    Or did you apply via cao for courses and apply for part time courses too?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

It's part time yeah. However I live the otherside of the country at the moment and I'd rather just move and stay put in dublin. :confused:

xIsabelx wrote: »
    Yes, it makes me feel marginally better :D

I'm pretty sure it's on the 7th? I'd say we'll get a letter in the post about it. Offers are on Monday...second time I've gone through the CAO :cool:

my second time as well :)
    lectures start on the 7th but orientation is a few days before that. unfort no one can tell me what date.
    the first person i spoke to said either the 2nd 3rd or 4th.
    that was a few weeks ago rang again on friday and the receptionist said she didnt know. helpful!
    guess i'll just have to tell them in work that i cant work those days!

slyph wrote: »
    It's part time yeah. However I live the otherside of the country at the moment and I'd rather just move and stay put in dublin. :confused:

As a part time student you will not be entitled to on campus accommodation or any of the other benefits of being a full time student.

dragonfly! wrote: »
    my second time as well :)
    lectures start on the 7th but orientation is a few days before that. unfort no one can tell me what date.
    the first person i spoke to said either the 2nd 3rd or 4th.
    that was a few weeks ago rang again on friday and the receptionist said she didnt know. helpful!
    guess i'll just have to tell them in work that i cant work those days!

Oh, I thought orientation started on the 7th! That's very early lol

I just accepted my offer for NC009. Business, here I come :)

Im in as well:D

Haha see you there! We should both wear Green Day t-shirts on the first day :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i accepted NC009 as well.

DCU was my first choice but NCI was my second.looking forward to starting

Orientation is on the 2nd of September for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

3rd arrrggghhhh there making us stay in whole day nooooo

God, there's like 5 groups for the Business induction! Ahhhh, I won't know anyone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i'm in on the 2nd as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sxcemez

i also accepted nc009 and wont no any one ither its gonna be weird

Half the fun of college is knowing no one:)

Classes are so small that after a few days you will know everyone in your class. All the lecturers usually get you to introduce yourself and say a bit about yourself at the start of the first lecture for each of your subjects. :)

I hate those ice-breaker things where they give you a sheet and you have to find as many people who like a certain band or find someone who plays the piano, etc. It's so awkward lol

• Advertisement

yh but your all in the same boat so everyone is awkward together. Anyways have fun and dont spend too much time in the su :)

Advertisement