Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to expect?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TheBestKm

Ok is that true about only having internet access for 2 hours per day?
    Ahhhhhh- if so....

Im in Trinity but i got accepted into the accomodation which im really happy about as it's really close..When is everyone moving in and is any1 else not in NCI but living there? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

hate the whole gettin to know people cause im a looper and people usually hate me except me friends ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

jd83 wrote: »
    All the lecturers usually get you to introduce yourself and say a bit about yourself at the start of the first lecture for each of your subjects. :)

oh god dont say that!:o:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

I'd actually prefer that than have to walk around to people and ask them "Have you ever ridden a bike?" :p

just wondering if anybody has any idea when you have to pay the registration fee is it on the orientation day or before then.

• Advertisement

I was told you could pay it over a 6 month period...I think!

God we have to go in for enrolment at 9AM. That means I should be getting the very early 84X into town!

xIsabelx wrote: »
    I was told you could pay it over a 6 month period...I think!

God we have to go in for enrolment at 9AM. That means I should be getting the very early 84X into town!
    That sucks ill have to roll out of bed at 8:45 and be sorted :D

Are you living on campus??

I suppose I'm not too bad, I live just after Greystones so it's not too far

no im not ha living in me house 2 minute walk away hahaha no waiting two hours between classes for me :cool:

I'll be leaving my house at 6.30 to get the 6.45 bus up to be in bus aras for about 8.45 then power walking it over!

• Advertisement

I'd actually prefer that than have to walk around to people and ask them "Have you ever ridden a bike?" :p

:eek: where did you have to do that?!
    oh dam it i hate being shy!:(

In IADT. I had to do it on my Superquinn induction day as well...but me and Simon just sat there all cool and let them all come to us and ask the questions.

I wonder how they'll divide up the groups/classes? Alphabetically maybe?

yea say it could be or area based who knows? o yea and do u just pay 80 quid on the day

it could be done by when you accepted your cao as well like the first say 25 in 1st group then next 25 in 2nd and so on....
    or maybe ill just shut up now!:o
    I'm getting really nervous now!:eek:

Me too. It's gonna be so nerve-racking initially when I walk in the door. I won't know where to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CooliyoG

I'm doin the computing course. Anyone else in here doin the same?

Is that thing true about the lecturers making you introduce yourself? My head would be melted doin that :(

I'm sure there will be signs up:)
    and at least its not that big! now first day in UL was a whole other story I couldnt find a room and a receptionist didnt even know where it was!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

hey all,it wont be as bad as u expect trust me.
    i went through it all last year when i starting in DIT,im starting again in 1st year and im looking forward to it more this year now because iv had the experience of college and walking in and not knowing anybody.
    anyway chances are there will be someone you know from somewhere before or a friend of a friend!
    its all good.

TheBestKm wrote: »
    Ok is that true about only having internet access for 2 hours per day?
    Ahhhhhh- if so....

Im in Trinity but i got accepted into the accomodation which im really happy about as it's really close..When is everyone moving in and is any1 else not in NCI but living there? :p

hey no its not true about the internet access lol
    my bf lived on campus last year and your allowed as much access to the net as you want in the apartments

I've been to college before as well and I'm still bricking it! :p

Ah I'm sure it'll be grand. It's only when I'm really thinking about when I get nervous! What course are you doing Jessie?

• Advertisement

I've been to college before as well and I'm still bricking it! :p

Ah I'm sure it'll be grand. It's only when I'm really thinking about when I get nervous! What course are you doing Jessie?

ah really?where were u before?
    hr and accounting,yourself?x

jessie11 wrote: »
    ah really?where were u before?
    hr and accounting,yourself?x

I was in IADT. Lasted 4 months!

Deadly, I'm doing Business :)

Anyone know what the timetable will be like?

So I got my letter today with all the info about registration and such. But the fee invoice was totally wrong. They completely forgot that I had done half of a year in another college so I need to pay half a year's fees on top of the registration fees. I was looking at the figure going "Eh, I only have to pay €1580??" but I rang them to clear it up just in case it cropped up later in the year and they'd be like "Why didn't you say it was wrong?" Oh well.

I was wondering when we were gonna get the letter about reg fees! was only saying it this morning actually! I didnt get mine yet.
    €1580 is it?

yeah, €1500 registration fees and then €80 gym membership fee apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

80 euros is good for a gym membership. Gym as everything you need , its very basic but its clean, staff are real friend and helpful. Cant go wrong with that. Plus if you going out straight from college you can uses the showers and changing room to get ready :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Anyone know what the timetable will be like?

Depends on your course you will most likely have a half day on wednesday. You might even have one other day completely off. Its nice when the day off is a mon or fri to give you a long weekend. Apart from that it should be grand. The only thing id worry about is the dreaded 9 am lecture or the dreaded 9 am lecture then a 3 hour break til your next lecture!

Yeah €80 is really good :)
    Wheter i'll actually go or not is another thing!:o

Anyone know around what time be finished at on a fri?

• Advertisement

say ye be finished at bout 16:15 dragonfly.

Wats everyone bringing in on the day ?

Advertisement