Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to expect?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Do we need to bring anything? :confused:

Maybe a pencil :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DarzM

Hi. I'm starting in NCI this year too (can't believe I didn't find this sooner). Doing the business course full time and haven't much of an idea what to expect!! I still can't get my head around the fact that this time next week I'll be attending lectures!! Have no idea as to what I'll need for the first week. Can anybody help?!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

got a letter off nci today about registration and all that and then to my horror i see that i have to go in at 8.30 on wednesday for early registration.

DarzM wrote: »
    Hi. I'm starting in NCI this year too (can't believe I didn't find this sooner). Doing the business course full time and haven't much of an idea what to expect!! I still can't get my head around the fact that this time next week I'll be attending lectures!! Have no idea as to what I'll need for the first week. Can anybody help?!

Ah you'll be grand. We're all in the same boat, really. I'm doing that course too :)

I think I'll just bring my bag and have a notebook and a pen, just in case we need to take notes. I think we have to pay the registration fees on Wednesday, so I'll bring that invoice form back in.

Yeah I'm just gonna bring a notebook and stuff too. Have absolutely no idea what to expect. Dreading the lecturers making us stand up and introduce ourselves. It should be okay though...really excited as well!!! Are there gonna be many on the course do ye' know??

• Advertisement

Well I'm sure it won't be too daunting...I mean, why would they put students through such things?! :eek:

I'd say there's a good few, because there's 5 different groups going in for induction...maybe it's 5 groups of 20? Haven't a clue.

Yeah I guess we just won't know till Wednesday. I wasn't expecting it to be all that many but it could be like 100 for all we know. Can't wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

got a letter off nci today about registration and all that and then to my horror i see that i have to go in at 8.30 on wednesday for early registration.

Is that for everyone?
    I never got a letter about reg fees, saw from this forum some people got it on Fri and i thought mine would arrive today but it didn't :eek:

Yeah I'm pretty sure my letter said 9AM, not 8.30AM. :confused:

xIsabelx wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pretty sure my letter said 9AM, not 8.30AM. :confused:

maybe i'm in the first group of business goers :D

• Advertisement

Could be! I checked mine there, it definitely says 9AM

Phew got my letter!:)
    Im in at 9 so again phew! (bus gets into bus aras at 8.45 serious running for me so!:cool:)
    You are prob in the first group then manutd4life but you get 2 hours for your lunch!:D

2 hours for lunch? I only get one hour :p

Got the fee thing sorted out today in the bank :)

Anyone that has early morn registration get 2 hours for lunch:)

Paid the fee in the bank today as well - Did you get the top or bottom part of the giro back Isabel?

dragonfly! wrote: »

lovely :D that gives me loads of time to go home and chillax

dragonfly! wrote: »

Paid the fee in the bank today as well - Did you get the top or bottom part of the giro back Isabel?

I got the top part back, but they stamped it for me :)

Aaah, tomorrow! I'm pretty sure I messed up the registration form lol. It keeps saying "student number" but sure we haven't gotten them yet. I just put down my CAO number :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I got the top part back, but they stamped it for me :)

Aaah, tomorrow! I'm pretty sure I messed up the registration form lol. It keeps saying "student number" but sure we haven't gotten them yet. I just put down my CAO number :confused:
    I did the same. The student no. on the invoice matches the CAO number so I just used that.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

How did everyone get on today?

Grand! God it was intense, I'm so tired now haha.

What group was everyone in? I was in 8. I'm assuming we're just all in the one, big class from Monday onwards though, right? There's about 60 or so, I'd say! Didn't expect that many :o

Grand! God it was intense, I'm so tired now haha.

What group was everyone in? I was in 8. I'm assuming we're just all in the one, big class from Monday onwards though, right? There's about 60 or so, I'd say! Didn't expect that many :o

Thats good to hear. I'd say it is just a big group from then on. Was it long boring nervious day? Only gettin bit nervous about it today since im goin tomorrow o and anything that i need to bring?

• Advertisement

It wasn't too bad. Although we didn't actually start until 10AM, so we were all basically sitting in the lecture hall for an hour until they started. I just read my Kerrang :p

It's pretty insightful I guess, you learn all about the IT aspect of things, and learning at NCI, etc. Oh, and you'll probably hear the word "Plagiarism" at least five or six times haha.

so anything ye may need to bring? Ye get your timetable? any use?

I just brought a notebook and a pen. We got the timetable, it's grand. Half day on Wednesdays and in at 10AM on Thursdays and Fridays :)

no day off damn. *crosses fingers and hopes for a day off*

GROUP 4 WAHOO.yes i was one of the people cheering when that was said

what a day.made about 7 new friends but i'll tell you one thing the talk of plagiarism got very boring

GROUP 4 WAHOO.yes i was one of the people cheering when that was said

what a day.made about 7 new friends but i'll tell you one thing the talk of plagiarism got very boring

Haha the Maths guy was obsessed with group 4! He kept saying "Now, do we have group 4??"

Yeah, there must have been loads of plagiarism last year or something.

Haha the Maths guy was obsessed with group 4! He kept saying "Now, do we have group 4??"

Yeah, there must have been loads of plagiarism last year or something.

why wouldnt he be obsessed with group 4.we were by far the best group there:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ronchers09

Did anyone hear of any partys for freshers week?my m8 said there was loads bein planned:D

Ronchers09 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear of any partys for freshers week?my m8 said there was loads bein planned:D

a lot of nights out are planned but my debs is on the 16th so i wont be to the one then and i may not be in the next day for obvious reasons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ronchers09

a lot of nights out are planned but my debs is on the 16th so i wont be to the one then and i may not be in the next day for obvious reasons

ha i was grand the day after my debs and believe me i drank alot...sure the meal soaks up the alcohol;)

Advertisement