Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to expect?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MikeyCyrus

Ronchers09 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear of any partys for freshers week?my m8 said there was loads bein planned:D

You must of atleast done honours english and you cant spell parties...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ronchers09

MikeyCyrus wrote: »
    You must of atleast done honours english and you cant spell parties...

mikey go bond wit yur DIT buddies lol..sure i beat u in english;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MikeyCyrus

mikey go bond wit yur DIT buddies lol..sure i beat u in english;)

9/10 accountants kill themselves :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ronchers09

MikeyCyrus wrote: »
    9/10 accountants kill themselves :cool:

shhhhh dnt make people drop out mikey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I'm in group 5:)
    Not sure if we'll all be together or not like on a monday im in room 1.01 and it doenst look like it'd hold that many people....
    Im in the theatre for a couple of things though so maybe for those ones we will be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Ah, I see. I'm in room 1.02 on Monday first thing. What's your timetable like?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i'm in room 1.02 on monday as well for hrm

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

anyone else have a horror of a day. Nobody in my group talked at all and if they did theyd have there secret little chats hugging each other so no one could join in.:mad: But cant wait for freshers week or watever it is someone mentioned drink and i was there say it be animal:D

anyone else have a horror of a day. Nobody in my group talked at all and if they did theyd have there secret little chats hugging each other so no one could join in.:mad: But cant wait for freshers week or watever it is someone mentioned drink and i was there say it be animal:D

****, sorry you didn't have a great day :(

It was pretty hard at first, but I got talking to two or three people in my group. No one is expected to make loads of friends on the first day! I'd say Freshers week will be a good chance to meet more people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Harry90

What group were u in Back Prince?Was it really dat bad?

• Advertisement

Im in 1.02 as well on mon for HRM but I've already done that module as a part time course last year so waiting to see if i got my exemption or not:o

If they would get back to me it would really help!:eek:

Cool! Do you think they will exempt you from it? Wow, everyone must be in 1.02 on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Got on grand today. Met and got chatting to a few people today - yet there appears to be feck all people doing my course Bus Info Systems (everyone is doing Computing!). Got signed up to three banks today as they kept hassling me to open an account...plus Ulsterbank had Toblerones. Was delighted when my timetable stated that I have Friday's off :p

xIsabelx wrote: »
    Cool! Do you think they will exempt you from it? Wow, everyone must be in 1.02 on Monday!

Well i've done the exam for it and passed plus its the same lecturer so i dont see why they wouldn't.:)
    But they never got back to me or answered the twice i rang today so now i dunno wheter to be in for 9 on mon or not....:(

What rm are you in at 1 on mon?

Well hopefully it'll work out for you and you won't have to repeat it again :)

I'm in 1.03 at 1 on Monday. You? I can't believe I didn't even see you on the first day haha:p I guess there was just so many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

did any1 log in and chack out the nci student thing yet? i cant be arsed seems like there was too much info in it.

i thought the start of college was supposed to be a doss??? maths test in the third week and given all our assessments in the first week?? good look to any1 who didnt do business in the LC!

btw, very dissapointed at the turn out at the pub after :eek:
    why did yis all go?

Did anyone hear of any partys for freshers week?my m8 said there was loads bein planned:D

the 'events organiser' dude told us about it in the pub. heres what i remember:

Monday- peno shootout competition,sumtin from gladiators(think its the giant earbud things), that yoke were you throw a ball and if ya hit a target some1 falls into water

Tuesday- a load of bands are playin, like a festival

Thursday- mystery bus tour! (which would have to be on the day of my debs :( )

we asked him if were expected to go to our lectures, he said its his job to make us not go :D

also they have a thing called a 'wall of shame' were they take pictures of every1 when there drunk and stick them on a wall for the year!

Well hopefully it'll work out for you and you won't have to repeat it again :)

I'm in 1.03 at 1 on Monday. You? I can't believe I didn't even see you on the first day haha:p I guess there was just so many people.

Were you wearing a white Grenday t-shirt by any chance?
    I'm in 1.03 on mon as well (I think!):D

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Were you wearing a white Grenday t-shirt by any chance?
    I'm in 1.03 on mon as well (I think!):D

Haha yeah, curse my predictability!! :p

ha I saw you walking up the stairs then :)
    Which marketing group are you gonna ask to be in?

• Advertisement

You must be camouflaged into the wall because I've never seen you :P Where were you sitting in Marketing?

I'm not sure, are the choices: Monday 1-2 or Tuesday 2-3?

If I picked Tuesday then there'd be a 3 hour gap in between HRM and Bus Management on Monday afternoon.....God I haven't a clue! What are you going to pick?

we have a 4 hours break tomorrow between quants and business law.dont we?

Someone told me that HRM class is actually a lecture, not a tutorial. Gah, I'm so confused :confused:

im planning on having a 4 hour break anyway

that was a pisstake makin us wait outside classes 2day :mad:

Someone told me that HRM class is actually a lecture, not a tutorial. Gah, I'm so confused :confused:

i thought all one hour classes are tutorials :confused: .plus when she said that for tutorials we would be split in 2 and one group would be on after the lecture on monday and the other at 12 on a tuesday

i thought all one hour classes are tutorials :confused: .plus when she said that for tutorials we would be split in 2 and one group would be on after the lecture on monday and the other at 12 on a tuesday

yeah thats right. how did the marketing lecturer say we tell her which group we want to be in?

beaner09 wrote: »
    yeah thats right. how did the marketing lecturer say we tell her which group we want to be in?

so we do have a 4 hour break?

i think she said to email her but i wasnt listening

That's what I thought. The one hour classes were tutorials...but someone was like "No, we have one lecture and two tutorials of each module a week"

Sure we can just ask someone tomorrow maybe.

we do but most dont start until week 3.hrm starts in week 3 as does business management.marketing i think starts next week but i'm not sure and we'll find out about the rest in the other lectures

• Advertisement

Yep marketing is on next week and she has a blog on moodle about emailing her to say what group you want to be in if you have a preference:)

Advertisement