Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible for me to pass DCG

Options
  • 10-06-2009 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

i can honestly say i havent learnt a single thing in DCG in the last two years. i started it late, i found it impossible and the teacher was useless, the highest in the class in the mocks was 43% and the class is full of nerds. (i got 20%)

anyway i did a fairly solid project and i just need to know is it possible to pass the higher level on attempt marks alone, or even just drawing what i see on the exam paper,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

shcan, im in the same position, i got 28% in the mocks and he didnt even give us the full mock questions cos we hadnt the course covered so...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Of Course!
    If you got say 30% from the project, then you only need 20% in the actual paper to pass! Go over intersecting planes and interpenetration and the option q's a few times before the exam, or even just do the official sample paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

everybody seems to be in the same position. i think it will be marked very easy because of time constaints and it being the 1st year. i hope so anyway. i got an A in the mocks but i really want the A1 but ive only got planes and traces and interpenetration covered for the core A section but i dont think theyll leave out either of these questions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

eoccork wrote: »
    Of Course!
    If you got say 30% from the project, then you only need 20% in the actual paper to pass! Go over intersecting planes and interpenetration and the option q's a few times before the exam, or even just do the official sample paper!

Intersecting planes is a banker according to my teacher anyway. By going over that topic you should get one of the Questions in part A too i suspect, as well as the bones of a question in B. In section C you could probably learn how to do boreholes and geologic geometry. Definitely do-able in a day IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭kevogy

hmm... wel the only question i can do on the whole paper is the part a of the intersecting planes. how many marks is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

I only got 40% in the mocks but with a decent project and a bit of luck on the day hopefully i can get at least the C3 that i need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 martincullen99

i didn't do a project do u think i'll pass ??and i got 20% in the mocks

i didn't do a project do u think i'll pass ??and i got 20% in the mocks

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I am totally the same. I got a B in JC tech and 23 in DCG mock. My bro got an a1, and he helped me during the last few weeks. I am feeling more confident. I think you can pass DCG mate, I think if you really challenge yourself tomorrow to do every drawing on that sample paper (with help from book) you could even do really well.

DCG is not hard, just people like you and me didn't operate in the class. I talked the whole year. Me and my mates played ****ing games and ****, it was pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Provided you have done a good project you should be able pass the exam quite easily with little work on the actual exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

If you didn't do a project you will HAVE to get 40/60 to barley pass, thats 66.6% on the day of the exam

Advertisement