Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Phoneline

• 10-06-2009 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I have my house phone with Eircom and the internet is with UPC. The rental is deaere than the calls made on the bill. It is waste as we both have mobiles. If I cancel my house phone line do i get charged to cancel. Is UPC the cheapest broadband.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

You won't get charged for cancelling your phoneline unless maybe your in the first 12 months of your contract but i'm not even sure if they would charge you then. If you are thinking of moving the phone to any other provider(UPC), don't cancel eircom. When you port your number to the new provider eircom will automatically send you out your final bill. Cancelling before hand would result in the lose of your number.

As for the cost i think upc are probably the cheapest, particularly for the higher end packages anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There is no minimum contract on a phone line, only with services like call bundles and broadband. Ring eircom, cancel the line, it'll be done within 24 hours if you want. They'll refund any over payment on line rental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Sorry for digging up this old thread but -

I cancelled my Eircom Phoneline with Broadband today. Came home to find my latest Eircom Bill for 49.97 as of March 23rd to April 25th. Will this amount still come out of my direct debit? Will I be refunded any of it?

If I am refunded - is it automatic?

Advertisement