Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone vs O2 for the sake of iPhone3Gs

• 10-06-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I am with vodafone pay monthly on perfect 200 plan and with the new launch of iPhone 3Gs I would like to make the move to O2 after my contract with vodafone ends in August ,can some one guide me to a comparison between Vodafone and O2 price plans and also how long before O2 can port my number from Vodafone
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭kamin99

Many thanks,great help:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Don't hold me to this, but I think Vodafone will be releasing the 3GS iPhone instead of O2.

Don't hold me to this, but I think Vodafone will be releasing the 3GS iPhone instead of O2.

Wow, is your source reliable,haven't read this elsewhere,please elaborate:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Eh....No...O2 are......

Note to OP: You can't use the vodafone "live" apn for data on the iphone (doesn't have an option to configure the proxy needed, probaly wont come in 3.0 either) so can only use data plans that use the isp apn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

kamin99 wrote: »
    Wow, is your source reliable,haven't read this elsewhere,please elaborate:confused:
    Just a rumor I heard, maybe nonsense, but was told this from two guys, one of which is the main wholesaler of mobile phone accessories in Ireland, and the other guy said his friend works for O2 in the UK and he was told the same thing.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

thats complete rubbish. O2 will announce pricing for the 3GS in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Better info spec wise here http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/06/08/say-hello-to-the-iphone-3gs-s-is-for-screaming-fast/

Only info on O2 = coming soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Venom wrote: »

iphone3g1244675041678.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Do you have to give Vodafone 30 days notice if you are out of contract and porting to O2???

O2 don't allow to carry over minutes from month to month - major disadvantage to Vodafone

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

o2 also give you 300 online texts, which can easily be used from the iPhone using a great app called eirtext.

However Perfect Choice 200 comes with either Free Vodafone to Vodafone anytime calls and texts or 100 free landline minutes which doesn't come with the iPhone 175 plan.

However if you bump up to the iPhone 350 plan at €65 you get 350 minutes, 150 texts (+ 300 online), 1 GB data and you can pick from one of the following free extras:

- o2 to o2 calls at anytime
    - Any network texts
    - Anytime landline calls
    - Any network (including landline) evening and weekend calls
    - Extra 500 mobile internet

Not bad for an extra €15 and an iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

bk wrote: »
    o2 also give you 300 online texts, which can easily be used from the iPhone using a great app called eirtext.

However Perfect Choice 200 comes with either Free Vodafone to Vodafone anytime calls and texts or 100 free landline minutes which doesn't come with the iPhone 175 plan.

However if you bump up to the iPhone 350 plan at €65 you get 350 minutes, 150 texts (+ 300 online), 1 GB data and you can pick from one of the following free extras:

- Any network texts
    - Anytime landline calls

Are you saying here that the O2 anytime minutes don't include calls to landlines? Or is it just that there aren't extra specific landline minutes?

So is the 350 min free to landlines and any network or just restricted to O2 ?
    bk wrote: »

- Any network texts
    - Anytime landline calls

Advertisement