Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.O.V.E U productions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

R!ta wrote: »
    Hey.
    I have my own production company 'L.O.V.E U production' and
    I am currently studying in TV editing and i make many Youtube videos.
    Many set on the theme of 'Twilight' but others too.

If you could please check out my videos and follow the link and let me know what you think.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/user/LOVEUPROUDUCTION589

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebC5zINq_bg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyQJXmf8kj8
    Honest opinion? No originality whatsoever. You have used what is already there, the music overlay is weak at best. Your editing skills are v.good, you should concentrate on that great skill and hire some creative folks to complement your great skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

I agree with the previous poster.

Choose a video camera, film some of your own footage and edit it.
    AMV's and fan made film trailers with copyrighted footage will only get you so far.
    Personally I'm sick of seeing the same footage re-edited over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sinolou66

Thanks for all be so honest:mad:!! i have to get this of my chest now!! we all have to start of somewhere i know it all fanfiction right now but i only started editeding a year ago or something and i dont have any professional equipment all i have is window vista!! I want to be music video editor actually!! i like trying to capture the moments and try match it with the song! My production company does not make money is just a name i came up it!! I dont want to go into mainstream media I want to do wedding videos ect!! im still learning and discovering editing!! :D

sinolou66 wrote: »
    Thanks for all be so honest:mad:!! i have to get this of my chest now!! we all have to start of somewhere i know it all fanfiction right now but i only started editeding a year ago or something and i dont have any professional equipment all i have is window vista!! I want to be music video editor actually!! i like trying to capture the moments and try match it with the song! My production company does not make money is just a name i came up it!! I dont want to go into mainstream media I want to do wedding videos ect!! im still learning and discovering editing!! :D
    I think your editing skills are v.good technically. That is great self taught work and it is merit to you, well done.

The choice of music is also v.good on it's own in an emotive way, that is good work as well, audio mixing wise. The problem lies with the choice of videos combined with the v.good music mixes. They do not match at all.

Can you put up some other stuff that you said that you have done?

Personally I think that you are going through a learning curve in the creative sense. I feel that you do 'have it' but your holding back maybe?

Be aware though that if you ask for critism then you will certainly get what you asked for. Sometimes it will be good and sometimes it will be v.bad. That is the nature of design folks.

Personally I think that you have the right attitude, stick to your guns and you will do well. 'You do have a talent go from there and roll with the punches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭afatbollix

are you serious... they are the most boring thing going... you want to make wedding videos and music videos.... :confused:

i dident look at your vids but im pritty sure i know what they are like... on editing teacher got us once to make a music video that showed emotion... the thing she wanted was different emotions through out the video.. so happy at the start sad in the middle angry at the end... its like telling a story with out words... very hard to do yet it showed a good editor who could tell a story just by the moving pictures / audio they chose...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you have any friends in bands, have a chat with them about making a video. I see very few good pro music videos nowadays. But, lots of amateur stuff thats all on youtube really is great. Once I get a proper mic setup I'm gonna do one with a mates band. You dont need any kind of budet, just a little bit of creativity.

here is other stuff i did!! Its twilight releted but it a parody right now it the thing i do but i will branch out eventually LOL:)!! but for now im happy with it!! keep in mind no budget LOL !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRVayVsCidA

Here a sort of music video that i did window moviemaker LOL (not very planned out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf7XtrFkn8Y

Dont be to harsh!! constructive criticism :p

here is other stuff i did!! Its twilight releted but it a parody right now it the thing i do but i will branch out eventually LOL:)!! but for now im happy with it!! keep in mind no budget LOL !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRVayVsCidA

Here a sort of music video that i did window moviemaker LOL (not very planned out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf7XtrFkn8Y

Dont be to harsh!! constructive criticism :p
    Haha, the humour is great. Great editing as usual with good enough timing I enjoyed the intros, you guys have charisma and good personalities.

On the downside, the obsession with twilight is offputting and at the mo it lets you down a lot. Try to create your own material maybe? Ps the acting / mimicking is pretty bad but only because it is based on a specific movie?

Personally I think you need to mature a lot more in this area. But it is a good start and your attitude is excellent.

Ps... asking folks not to be harsh, haha that is most likely not going to happen. You will most likely be hammered as much as you are going to be complemented. It's easy to nitpick and that more than likely will happen.

thanks for your constructive criticism!! i know it but of putting with twilight but right now that only thing that im passionate it about !!LOL !! i know i have to move away from it when that project comes along ill leave it behind!! right now im just having with it and learing my editing skills as well!! I actually taught i was alright actress lol!!:)

thanks for your constructive criticism!! i know it but of putting with twilight but right now that only thing that im passionate it about !!LOL !! i know i have to move away from it when that project comes along ill leave it behind!! right now im just having with it and learing my editing skills as well!! I actually taught i was alright actress lol!!:)
    Haha to be honest your acting is not that bad really. I just don't like it because it is based on a cheesy film. Try to be passionate about a wider range of films that have been done by great directors I.e.

Hitchcock ('Rope', amazing movie, shot in 10min takes and scenes at a time to capture the actors and the fear and stress involved).

Sergio Leone ('Once upon a time in the west'), incredible work, it inspired Quentin Tarrantino to produce and direct similar films.

Frank Darabont (Green Mile + Shawshank Redemption) Both films amongst others were inspired by Stephen King stories.

Robert Altman (The Player)

Stanley Kubrick (The Shining, and the rest)

Lars Von Trier (Dogville) Incredible work, it involved nothing more than human nature exposed brilliantly with a terrible conclusion.

Watch these movies study them and take something from them. The editing combined with the music is astounding along with the storytelling brought to life by these folks. It is truly amazing stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement