Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign posts question

Options
  • 10-06-2009 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Question for you Galwegians....

Anyone notice those new signs posts (Irish (ospidéal) on top, english (hospital) on bottom) around Galway, they were erected just before the VOR, does anyone know or remember where the original sign post was around Galway?

I think it is down in front of Corn Store....?

Anyone know, random enough I know, have €'s on it!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

How do you mean the original?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

There is an original one. One thats been around for years. It was up before the VOR, possibly the reason they propped up the new ones?

Trying to find a pic. Sorry if confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

This thread make as much sense as this picture!

what_img.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This thread needs pictures :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

Sorry :o

Maybe some of you will have notcied new black sign posts that have popped up during the VOR. They have a number of arrows pointing out of them in different directions similar to this
    Sign-post.gif

but have galway land marks, ie: University, Hospital, Taibhdhearc....
    There is one of these in Galway for number of years, before the VOR but I just can't rememeber the where it is.

Could possibly be down near the Corn Store/Milano area, but I wanted to know if anyone who wanders Galway a lot remembers or knows where this original is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Well, it wasn't the one by Tigh Coili, or by the grain-store in Abbeygate Street, or in Buttermilk Lane/Walk. I know 'cos I noticed these ones as they went up!

Advertisement