Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP - early/late opening garage?

• 10-06-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I have my NCT at 9.20 tomorrow morning in Deansgrange and have just noticed that the back brake light is blown. Anyone know anywhere i can get one tonight or early tommorrow near the NCT test centre?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭RICARDO1982

A lot of the bigger petrol stations sell car bulbs if thats any help to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Ashgrove Interparts are just off Kill Avenue, opposite the fire station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

tesco 24 hours, they have some bulbs in the tesco extra stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Any Applegreen and most other large petrol stations have a large range of standard car bulbs. that said, by 'back brake light' do you mean the high repeater? They can be a dog to replace bulbs in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

celod wrote: »
    I have my NCT at 9.20 tomorrow morning in Deansgrange and have just noticed that the back brake light is blown. Anyone know anywhere i can get one tonight or early tommorrow near the NCT test centre?

Sure worse case scenario, if everything else passes you won't need a full retest... just turn up later that afternoon with it fixed and they will give it a quick visual inspection I imagine, then issue the cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Sure worse case scenario, if everything else passes you won't need a full retest... just turn up later that afternoon with it fixed and they will give it a quick visual inspection I imagine, then issue the cert.

Or borrow a bulb from someone/something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭celod

Thanks for the replies everyone. Managed to get the bulb replaced in time - a place in Dun Laoghaire opened at 8.30. Car failed on loose rear light lense though. But its o.k cos its just a free visual re-check. :)
    Thanks again.

Advertisement