Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jump bike

Options
  • 10-06-2009 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Does anyone think a jump bike is the easiest way to learn skills like bunny hops and manuals on? do you think it's a better bike for learning those basics on than a proper xc mtb bike?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

A jump bike?
    You mean-
    PA250043.jpg

That's my bike, i use it for the stuff you said.
    Street riding and all that.

Or do you mean a BMX?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 funcycle21

Whoa! sick ride! I like the orange accent,s way oldskool on the handlebars.

yeah, I think that's exactly what manofthemoment's talking bout

Thanks man.
    I wish it still looked like that. :rolleyes:
    Its covered in much right now, i really should give it a clean, need to change the brakes too but i'm holding out 'till i buy a hydrolic brake system.

Well yeah, these bikes are pretty much what you need all the way up, you can start off with something like that, and add bits as you get better.
    The brass2(above) can be got for about €475 these day, i think.
    Great bike for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 manofthemoment

yeah, that's what i mean. I ride and race XC but would like to improve my skills/tricks and find the xc bike pretty awkward for that, but it could be me and not the bike.

Nah it's not you man. XC bikes aren't designed for that kind of stuff.
    I actually use my bike for XC and commuting and all the time, they're really good all rounders and great fun in skateparks and the likes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement