Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need some advise lads...

• 10-06-2009 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

I am planning to get this games

assassins creed
    bioshock
    bionic commando

are this games really worth it to buy and play?
    if you can give some any other ideas of some old good games your free to share your oppinion and i definetely love to hear it... :D

and how much do you guys think will gamestop buy my psp for?
    it is a custom firmware which you can download any games from the internet...

add me up:
    jomz27.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

jomz27 wrote: »
    i doubt gamestop will buy your psp off you if its modded so you will prob need to restore original firmware first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

If you can I'd just rent em all.You'll fly through em all but they are reaally good games.Bioshock is amazing.Assassians Creed is fairly good too but was way over hyped at launch, Commandos not really my type of game but fair few peole seem to like it.
    HAlo 3, the DArkness, Gears of War I think are fairly good games that you'llpick up cheap that are in the same vein as the games you listed above.Reckon you'll be lucky to get 40 or 50 euro credit for the psp,I'd try e bay or selling it privately and you'll probably get more for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I am planning to get this games

assassins creed - No boring game and repititive
    bioshock - Great game worth at least a week rent
    bionic commando - not a great game worth a rent.
    are this games really worth it to buy and play?
    if you can give some any other ideas of some old good games your free to share your oppinion and i definetely love to hear it... :D

I think Bioshock is the only one up there that is worth buying, but get it second hand from one of the game stores.

Other games I would recommend:
    * Call of Duty 4
    * GTA IV
    * Dead Rising
    * Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    * Fifa 09

All of which you can get second hand for a good price.

I don't think gamestop would take a PSP with flashed firmware although if they don't notice it when you bring it in its happy days.

Assassin's Creed is a beautiful beautiful game but possibly one of the most boring and repetitive ones I have ever played. Gameplay generally revolves around running across city, killing some target, oh no some bells are ringing and some dudes are after you, but it's ok you're back at the hideout and nobody can find you.

Bioshock, however, is a fantastic game and can be picked up for pretty cheap I'd say. It's got a mix of absolutely stunning graphics and a pretty gripping storyline, with some added freaky moments. But some parts a little too easy and dying doesn't really become a punishment, more an annoyance.

Haven't played Bionic Commando so I'm not sure.

The games I would recommend you to pick up, if you haven't already, are;

Dead Space - Really good survival horror game set in.. er .. space. Like Bioshock, it's an absolutely stunning game with a gripping storyline, but that's where the similarities pretty much end.

Burnout Paradise City - I would really only recommend this game if you intend to play it over Live!, because otherwise it does get a little boring.

Fallout 3 - Not sure if you can get this for cheap, but it's an incredibly engrossing game. Only play if you have no important events on the horrizon, because you can be pretty much guaranteed that it will suck up the rest of your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Assassin's Creed bored me to tears. May not be in the vein of the type of games you are looking for but for me anyways, in a general gaming sense, the best 360 games I've ever played so far:

- Dead Space - As Boneyarsebogman said, gripping storyline and stunning look to it all
    - Bioshock - Just has to be played really
    - Left 4 Dead - The most fun to be had in multiplayer on any console
    - Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway - Visceral WW2 game, if it's your thing, look no further
    - Gears Of War 2 - Needs no introduction
    - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Again, if you're a Star Wars fan look no further
    - Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - One of the best FPS ever made

There's plenty of others that will keep you entertained but these one listed, for me anyway, definitely stand out above others.

Gotta say too, not trying to start a row but, be wary of the so called "greatest games ever" you hear so much about, nine times out of ten it's all hype, a given in most circumstances but lately with the 360 it seems the game with the best marketing strategy is suddenly Game of the Year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Dead Space - Really good survival horror game set in.. er .. space. Like Bioshock, it's an absolutely stunning game with a gripping storyline, but that's where the similarities pretty much end.

Fallout 3 - Not sure if you can get this for cheap, but it's an incredibly engrossing game. Only play if you have no important events on the horrizon, because you can be pretty much guaranteed that it will suck up the rest of your life.

This. Please buy those games, Dead Space is a pants-wetting experience (play it with surround sound, headphones and with the lights off, possibly a bucket to sh!t in) and Fallout easily sucked 70 hours of my life, was the best game I've played in years

Bionic Commando is meant to be a bit dodgy and will be full price, Assassins Creed is shallow and repetitive and Bioshock is only worth a rent, very overrated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Meatwad wrote: »
    the DArkness

Whatever you do, do not buy this absolutely outwoegiously bad game.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I totally agree, I rented this game and breezed through it until I got bored and gave up. Avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Gotta say too, not trying to start a row but, be wary of the so called "greatest games ever" you hear so much about, nine times out of ten it's all hype, a given in most circumstances but lately with the 360 it seems the game with the best marketing strategy is suddenly Game of the Year

I have to disagree with you there. I think the last three games that I've seen badged as "GoTY" have been Oblivion, CoD4 and Left 4 Dead - all fantastic games which are well worth the purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The Darkness is a fantastic game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

From your original 3, Bioshock is the only one really worth buying IMO - you definitely should be able to pick it up cheap these days too.

Assasin's Creed is pretty good... for the first mission. It is hugely repetitive and every single mission has you doing the same thing over and over.

Bionic Commando is just kinda... meh. Then again, maybe the problem is that is was the first game I played after completing Resident Evil 5 and it just didn't measure up. Resi 5 is pretty great too, even if you didn't like the previous ones, it's more of an action game anyway and looks very, very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jomz27

cheers everyone! i might pick up

dead space = i saw the gameplay and looks interesting i must say
    bioshock = most of my m8's keep telling me to get this game so i might pick it up aswell and the price is actually pretty good too...
    thanks for the assassins creed that is the most thing i hate when it comes to games really hate repetition it really bored me to death...!

btw if you guys fancy playing online just add me up

xbox360 and ps3 gamertag: jomz27

xbox 360 games:
    gears of war 1
    gears of war 2
    cod 4
    battlefield: bad company
    halo 3
    saints row 2
    star ocean: the last hope (no online) :D

ps3 games:
    killzone 2
    uncharted drake's fortune (no online) :D
    infamous (no online) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

AdMMM wrote: »
    I have to disagree with you there. I think the last three games that I've seen badged as "GoTY" have been Oblivion, CoD4 and Left 4 Dead - all fantastic games which are well worth the purchase.

Well indeed going by official Game of the Year rankings it works, I meant it rather in the word of mouth sense that declares certain titles worhty of this accolade, from reviews and such. Resi 5, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Assassins Creed, GTA IV etc. All games that were talked about as if they were gaming revolutions and must have games whereas in reality they were simply ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

any one know when the new games are available for download on live, saw somewhere that games like bioshock will be available to download soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Meatwad wrote: »
    any one know when the new games are available for download on live, saw somewhere that games like bioshock will be available to download soon.

Microsoft announced full Xbox360 games (Bioshock being one of them) would be available to download at E3 last week or so but I don't remember seeing an actual date yet... And TBH, you'll probably be able to find older games like that cheaper in stores, given MS's track record for XBLA and Xbox Originals pricing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I think you're looking at Q4 this year/early next year for downloadable games.

The only slight problem with Dead Space is that it is relatively short at around just under twenty hours (I can't remember the exact figure). But some parts are so tense and freaky that you'll often find yourself giving up. It took me .. 3 weeks to eventually complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    lol stay away from the darkness its utter ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

The only slight problem with Dead Space is that it is relatively short at around just under twenty hours (I can't remember the exact figure). But some parts are so tense and freaky that you'll often find yourself giving up. It took me .. 3 weeks to eventually complete.
    20 hours is not short!!! The average length of a game is 8-10 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

20 hours is short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Compared to Fallout3, yea. But I'd say 20hrs is prob about average, maybe even above average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Assassins Creed has a great storyline to it probably the only reason I finished it.
    BioShock got incredibly repeditive after about 4 hours of playtime.
    Fallout3 Superb game is at 40 hours and its still going:).
    Burnout Paradise not worth the money If you can get a loan of it your better off
    Deadspace is an Incredibly unpredictible game a few jumpy and scary moments.
    GTA IV as good as it was it still lacked something which I really cant name.
    Cod4 Good game campaign is short enough online is quite good too
    Halo I'm not a fan of any of them so I would advise against paying for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Bioshock is a great game, the storyline and atmosphere are amazing and it's well worth a purchase if you can find it cheap.

Also left for dead is one of the most fun games multiplayer games I've played.:D

Advertisement