Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm going to improve my 5 mile time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

tisnotover wrote: »
    Was looking over running stats in SportTracks yesterday, + said i'd add a table to this log. Table below shows monthly mileage totals and number of days run each month (I will update this at the end of each month)

Year 2009|Jan|Feb|March|April|May|June|July|Aug|Sep|Oct|Nov|Dec|TOTAL
    Number of miles run|26|47|42|71|59|127|160|-|-|-|-|-|532
    Number of days run|4|6|8|12|9|18|22|-|-|-|-|-|79

I started this log in June, and since then my training has been much more consistent. Looking at mileage, June+July account for more than half my total mileage for year!

Lets keep this going says I....

Nice going over the last few months. Goes to show that the increase in mileage alone has probably been the reason for your 5 mile PB.

What´s your plan for the rest of the year? I plan on taking one full month very easy (prob November) to reboot a bit and get ready for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Nice going over the last few months. Goes to show that the increase in mileage alone has probably been the reason for your 5 mile PB.

What´s your plan for the rest of the year? I plan on taking one full month very easy (prob November) to reboot a bit and get ready for next year.

Have the half marathon in September (main goal at moment) + then a 15mile race in 1st week of October, so will prob have high mileage months to then. But like you will prob take a break for 3/4 weeks, whether thats a full break yet, I'm not sure, at very least will cut down #runs to ~3easy runs/week.

How're you now after the half? Have you pencilled in any more races for next while?

Have the half marathon in September (main goal at moment) + then a 15mile race in 1st week of October, so will prob have high mileage months to then. But like you will prob take a break for 3/4 weeks, whether thats a full break yet, I'm not sure, at very least will cut down #runs to ~3easy runs/week.

How're you now after the half? Have you pencilled in any more races for next while?

Yeah, my break will be similar. Maybe down to 30/35km per week. Tergat mentioned something about it being important to keep something going atleast.

Very tight now after the race. I could barely walk down the stairs this morning :eek: but I have managed two runs since the race. I probably only have two more races this year. Half-marathon 20/9 and then another one in October at some stage. After that there are very few races over here. I´d love to run a 5 or 10k race but I don´t see any about...

Easy paced run after work. Have one eye on 5k race tomorrow nite, getting nervous about it now but thats a good sign, haven't raced since GSK 5 mile last month.

Will be a tough race, have only done one other 5k race this year, on pretty much same hilly course and ran 19:48 in that back in May.

I should be able to better that time tomorrow, but I think going sub 19:00 is out of question on this course. If I get in around 19:15 i'd be delighted...

Tuesday's Summary(04/08/09):
    Total Distance: 5.3miles
    Time: 42:30
    Avg Pace: 8:02min/mile
    Avg HR: 155

Ran a new PB tonite in the Novartis 5k. On my watch i've clocked it at 18:59 (please don't be rounded up on results :()Last year I ran this race in ~ 20:12, so big improvement and in May, I ran 19:48 on more or less the same course (starts/ends different points).Met Gringo78 before start + went out on warm-up to scout out a bit of course, especially how long the hills were at end! Great to meet up with another boards.ie poster + turns out he knows some of my cousins...its a small world!

Great to talk about half training with him. we're both training for half marathon on same schedule but with different training paces.
    Gringo78 also ran a PB tonite, which is some going as he had a tough interval session yesterday as well!

Mile splits and av-hr in brackets below:

Mile 1: 5:54 (174)
    Mile 2: 6:24 (185)
    Mile 3: 6:08 (187)
    0.1mile: 33s (191)
    Was really aiming for 19:15 tonite, but said I'd go out fast to get some time in bank for the hills+drags on 2nd mile. 2nd mile wasn't as bad as I remembered,+av race pace was still on for sub 19:15, so in my head I said feck it, only 6mins more running now.
    3rd mile was ok to start, some downhill parts, before hitting the nasty climb at end of 3rd mile which continues to finish. on hill could see myself losing time, but sub 19:00 was still possible so I started picking legs up to get up the hill to finish.managed to pass a good few lads on hill as well. 18:59on clock as I passed under it. didn't think I'd get that time on this course...delighted!

Wednesday's Summary(05/08/09):

Total Distance: 5.8miles (5k race + warm-up/down)
    Race Time: 18:59
    Avg Pace: 6:07min/mile
    Avg HR: 182

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

great stuff TNO, payback for the hard sessions and increased mileage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

brilliant running, congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Ran a new PB tonite in the Novartis 5k.

Well done, great running. Show's the training plan is working and the mileage paying off (and its early days)! You might have to revise your training paces and HM target now for the remainder of the plan.

Excellent stuff. Congrats on the PB!

Ran a new PB tonite in the Novartis 5k. On my watch i've clocked it at 18:59 (please don't be rounded up on results :()

results are up on website....they disagree with your watches 18:59 but I wouldn't complain too much about the 18:58 they have given you instead...

• Advertisement

Gringo78 wrote: »
    results are up on website....they disagree with your watches 18:59 but I wouldn't complain too much about the 18:58 they have given you instead...

Nice one, i'll def take that :D

Mark Hanrahan had some win, 14:38, over a minute ahead of 2nd place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Mark Hanrahan had some win, 14:38, !

I saw that!!
    What a performance! (along with yours & Gringo's of course...:rolleyes:)

eliwallach wrote: »
    What a performance! (along with yours & Gringo's of course...:rolleyes:)

Considering he must have been running completely on his own the whole race thats a fair time....and so soon after his performance at NC's on Sunday

Well done, great running. Show's the training plan is working and the mileage paying off (and its early days)! You might have to revise your training paces and HM target now for the remainder of the plan.

Rest day today, so plenty of time to think about this one!

Off 18:58 last nite, mcmillan predicts 31:26 for 5miles which I pretty much ran 4weeks ago in GSK 5 (31:23). It also "predicts" a 66min 10mile and a 1:27:40 13.1mile...I knew I shouldn't have looked at this ;)

I will modify training paces for intervals/temp now though to align with current 5k/5mile times. also intervals are to be done for last 3weeks of plan at 5k pace.
    Think for next few weeks the longer tempo intervals are key as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Well done on the sub 19,that mcmillan calculator is addictive...i had to stop looking at it,its accurate up to half marathon,after that it gets ridiculous

Summary of training for last few days below:

Friday's Summary(07/08/09):

Total Distance: 5.77miles
    Time: 47:00
    Avg Pace: 8:09min/mile
    Avg HR: 153

Saturday's Summary(08/08/09):
    Total Distance: 13.26miles
    Time: 1:49:34
    Avg Pace: 8:16min/mile
    Avg HR: 154

Was out with gang from work on fri nite but still managed to get up early on sat and get a good 13mile run in. Ran with a guy from work, think we both sobered up after 6miles, just as well, as thats where the hill in Monkstown kicks in, all 1.5miles of it!
    Felt really good though to get this in, and much easier to do these long runs when you've company.
    Will repeat this run prob next week and mite step it upto 15miles the week after.

No running today, but went to gym this morning and did about 30mins on some weights. Will try to get down there a couple of times each week for next while.

Only 5weeks to go now till Cork half marathon !!

Week 9 Mileage Summary:
    Mon: 8.32miles (incl tempo)
    Tues: 5.3miles
    Wed: 5.8miles (included Novartis 5k in 18:58 ;))
    Thurs: 0 miles (REST)
    Fri: 5.77 miles
    Sat: 13.26miles
    Sun: 0 miles (no running, but weights in gym)

TOTAL: 38.4 miles

Went to farm for the usual easy paced trot around. No wind, made it really warm+humid out, but hr was ok, which is a good sign.

Arms+legs were a bit sore after gym session yesterday, shows that there's def work to do there! tomorrow will get a tempo run in hopefully and intervals on thursday (not looking forward to that one this week!)

Monday's Summary(10/08/09):

Total Distance: 5.93miles
    Time: 47:12
    Avg Pace: 7:57min/mile
    Avg HR: 152

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭aero2k

Hi TNO,

Congrats on the PB - wonderful improvement since May.

Plan called for a 30min tempo run at 6:30 -> 6:35 pace today. Maybe it was a combination of the heat and my heavy legs, but it did not happen for me!

I managed 20mins at 6:36min/mile average, before I cut my losses, as I could see the average pace climbing. Tempo runs are meant to be run comfortably hard, but this did not feel like that.My heart rate was very high after 5mins, near where it normally is in a race.

This pace should have felt ok, considering I ran 6:06min/mile in a 5k race last week.And looking at my log, from two weeks ago, I did the same 20min tempo run at 6:31min/mile. The avhr was 172 then, it was 178 today!

As the Portishead song goes "We Carry On...." but gonna take a rest day today though+back into training tomorrow.

Tuesday's Summary(11/08/09):
    Total Distance: 5.65miles included:
    10min warmup - easy pace
    20mins tempo pace (averaged 6:36 min/mile, avHR 178)
    10min warmdown - easy pace

• Advertisement

Plan called for a 30min tempo run at 6:30 -> 6:35 pace today. Maybe it was a combination of the heat and my heavy legs, but it did not happen for me!

I managed 20mins at 6:36min/mile average, before I cut my losses, as I could see the average pace climbing. Tempo runs are meant to be run comfortably hard, but this did not feel like that.My heart rate was very high after 5mins, near where it normally is in a race.

This pace should have felt ok, considering I ran 6:06min/mile in a 5k race last week.And looking at my log, from two weeks ago, I did the same 20min tempo run at 6:31min/mile. The avhr was 172 then, it was 178 today!

As the Portishead song goes "We Carry On...." but gonna take a rest day today though+back into training tomorrow.

Tuesday's Summary(11/08/09):
    Total Distance: 5.65miles included:
    10min warmup - easy pace
    20mins tempo pace (averaged 6:36 min/mile, avHR 178)

You probably still have a bit of the race in your legs and, on top of that you did pretty good mileage last week so it´s probably to be expected.

I was reading on runnersworld.com about taking every fourth or fifth week easy i.e. reducing intesity and distance but still keeping going with something, they say you come back the week after feeling great. Might be worth a go. TBH I don´t know where I´d squeeze it in at the moment.

You probably still have a bit of the race in your legs and, on top of that you did pretty good mileage last week so it´s probably to be expected.

I was reading on runnersworld.com about taking every fourth or fifth week easy i.e. reducing intesity and distance but still keeping going with something, they say you come back the week after feeling great. Might be worth a go. TBH I don´t know where I´d squeeze it in at the moment.

Yeah, last week was tough enough, 5k race, and did longest run to date of over 13miles.
    Also coupled with fact that I was out drinking two nites at weekend...which is unusual for me!maybe there's something to be looked at there, as I seem to get really hungover now after a nite out (running draining me, or am I just getting older ;))

Today called for a hard interval session and I wasn't sure how it'd go after a tough run on Tuesday.

Targets were as follows:
    10min warm-up,
    2miles @ 6:20min/mile (10k pace)
    2*1miles @ 6:06min/mile (5k pace)
    2*0.5mile @ 6:00min/mile (slightly faster than 5k pace)
    10min warm-down

There was to be 5min rest after the 2mile, and 3min rest between the mile and half mile repeats.

Summary of session below:

Thursday's Summary(13/08/09):
    Total Distance: 7.5miles included:
    10min warmup - easy pace
    2miles in 12:36 - (av pace: 6:18min/mile, avhr: 179)
    5min rest
    1mile in 6:08 - (av pace: 6:08min/mile, avhr: 180)
    3min rest
    1mile in 6:13 - (av pace: 6:13min/mile, avhr: 179)
    3min rest
    0.5mile in 3:00 - (av pace: 6:01min/mile, avhr: 178)
    3min rest
    0.5mile in 2:57 - (av pace: 5:54min/mile, avhr: 178)
    10min warm-down - easy pace

Comments:
    Overall a good session+felt great to get it done+should stand to me. The 2mile @ 10k pace wasn't as bad as I thought, might have gone out a bit fast (haven't got break-down of 0.5miles yet), but got inside the 10k target.
    The 5min rest was badly needed. I took 3/4 of this static, taking on some water, before I got into a jog again to get ready for next bit.
    The 1mile repeats were tough+found the 2nd one the hardest, about 7s off the target pace.
    surprisingly, the 800m repeats were fine, and don't know where that pace came for last one (maybe there's always something left in the tank?)

Feel fine now+great to have a better session than Tuesday...

Good going...its a tough session. I suppose the 0.5 mile repeats at the end just seem easier because of the duration seeming relatively short in comparison to the 2 mile and mile repeats. I think it simulates a race a bit in that you start out fast and steady and the 0.5 mile at the end is like your finishing strong sprint, maybe gets the mentality that at the end of a race, with 0.5 mile to go you can start to really open up the throttle, that you do have a few extra gears you may not think you have.

Good going...its a tough session. I suppose the 0.5 mile repeats at the end just seem easier because of the duration seeming relatively short in comparison to the 2 mile and mile repeats. I think it simulates a race a bit in that you start out fast and steady and the 0.5 mile at the end is like your finishing strong sprint, maybe gets the mentality that at the end of a race, with 0.5 mile to go you can start to really open up the throttle, that you do have a few extra gears you may not think you have.

Glad to have done it alrite now, the rest of the interval training mite for programme, does not look as severe as that workout!
    Maybe the 3min recovery after the 800m is a bit long, I was well recovered for the last 800m like.

Easy paced run after work, these runs are welcome at times (especially after intervals yesterday), though they can be boring other stages, funny that!

Gonna run with that lad from work again tomorrow, and do ~13miles, that is if weather is ok, then its off to Sligo for a few days on Sunday.Mite get something done on threadmill or something up there, but not pushed, looking forward to a little break to be honest.On sunday, it'll be four weeks to the half...

Friday's Summary(14/08/09):

Total Distance: 5.72miles
    Time: 45:10
    Avg Pace: 7:54min/mile

• Advertisement

Had rained heavy enough overnite i'd say, but fine for this morning's run.
    Same route as last week, ran with lad from work, and we both found it a bit easier today, especially the hill.
    After the 9mile loop, we pushed last 4 miles at 7:30min/mile pace. nice run to get in, time to watch the pro's at it now in Berlin;)

Saturday's Summary(15/08/09):

Total Distance: 13.27miles
    Time: 1:45:19
    Avg Pace: 7:56min/mile
    Avg HR: 160

Week 10 Mileage Summary:
    Mon: 5.93miles (tempo)
    Tues: 5.65miles
    Wed: 0 miles (REST)
    Thurs: 7.5miles (intervals)
    Fri: 5.72 miles
    Sat: 13.27miles
    Sun: 0 miles (REST)

TOTAL: 38.0miles

plan called for a 6mile tempo run today@6:45min/mile
    10min warm-up and legs were heavy again, like last monday.so, decided to just think about first 3 miles and get thru that at target pace.

mile splits:
    6:49,6:49,6:46
    3min rest
    6:44,6:44,6:34.
    10min warm-down.

So overall combined tempo of 6miles @6:44 av pace. the 3min rest was really needed.maybe I should have ran easy today, and tempo tomorrow, but heading to killarney later for a few days(was meant to be sligo!)

That 6:45min/mile pace is waht I want to target for half marathon, but it was tough going today, and had to split it up with rest. In two weeks time, I will repeat this workout+will get a better idea of where I am....

Monday's Summary(17/08/09):
    Total Distance: 8.48miles included:
    10min warmup - easy pace
    6miles tempo pace (averaged 6:44 min/mile, avHR 175, with 3min rest after 1st 3miles...)

Off work this week+back from a nice break in Killarney and Clare. Got some running in while away, and a good interval session in this morning.
    Intervals called for 5*1200m at 10k pace, but was feeling good+pushed it for current 5k pace, which is 6:07min/mile or 4:35min/0.75mile

Summary of last few days below:

Tuesday's Summary(
    18/08/09):
    0miles (rest)

Wednesday's Summary(
    19/08/09):
    Total Distance: 5.0miles (on threadmill!
    av pace: 8:00min/mile
    Thursday's Summary(20/08/09):
    Total Distance: 5.80miles
    Time: 44:04
    Avg Pace: 7:36min/mile

Friday's Summary(21/08/09):
    Total Distance: 7.37miles
    10min warm-up, then 5*0.75mile with 2m25s recoveries, 10min warm-down.
    Interval Summary:
    Int Time (HR)
    4:33 (169)
    4:37 (174)
    4:36 (173)
    4:33 (174)
    4:35 (177)
    Overall average: 4:35 (173)

This was a tough interval session. Ran it at farm as usual and ground was really wet, should have seen state of back of shirt, legs, and shorts after!
    Did well, to get last interval on target especially, as wind picked up a bit during it.

Tomorrow, hope to get a long run in.

Nice going tisnotover. It´s hard to keep it going when on holidays but it´ll pay off in the long run!

Long run day, and this was longest I ever have run, over 2hrs running and clocked over 15miles.

Ran usual sat morn route with lad from work, parked at Harty's Quay and did Monkstown loop over the hill (~9miles) and then quick gulp of water and did 6mile loop in opposite direction by Blackrock Castle (~6miles).
    Started off cautious enough for first couple of miles, legs were a bit heavy after yesterday's intervals, but soon we were averaging 8min miles and we kept to that pace after. The 9mile loop was ran easy enough, its getting easier to get up that 1.5mile hill, the more we run it.
    After the water-break, we then set off for the 6mile loop, and found ourselves locked into 8min/mile pace again, I don't think we could have shifted up/down speed on this today...
    Feels really good to have this done. Heart rate really behaved itself today and haven't seen it as as low on a long run for a while at 149 average.

Saturday's Summary(22/08/09):
    Total Distance: 15.29miles
    Time: 2:02:31
    Avg Pace: 8:01min/mile
    Avg HR: 149

Week 11 Mileage Summary:
    Mon: 8.48miles (tempo)
    Tues: 0 miles (REST)
    Wed: 5.0 miles
    Thurs: 5.8miles
    Fri: 7.37 miles (intervals)
    Sat: 15.29miles

TOTAL: 41.9miles

A good and high mileage week this week, while also getting intervals+tempo in.

Half marathon is now only 3weeks away and these weeks will fly. There's a 5mile race next thursday, a 5k week after and then the half itself week after that. Prob will do 13mile long run next week and then ramp down to 10mile the week after.

• Advertisement

Good long run TNO, and good to get tempo & intervals in a week. What's your target for the half marathon?

original target was to get under 1:30:00, but feel a 1:28:xx might be on now.
    I know the course from running it last year, and the first half is tougher than second, so hope to go out steady enough+run a quicker second half, to bring time in...

Easy paced run after work at farm. Legs still tired from sat. not surprised.It was my longest run to date+also last week was the biggest mileage week I've done as well.
    Ran by heart rate tonite, and can see a bit lately that these easy runs are being run slightly faster lately for a lower average heart rate, a good sign...

Monday's Summary(24/08/09):
    Total Distance: 5.31miles
    Time: 41:55
    Avg Pace: 7:54min/mile
    Avg HR: 150

Bought a pair of asics hyperspeed at weekend, and wore them for my run tonite at farm to help break them in.

First time running in these type of shoes+they felt fine, def more feel with them, and felt pretty light.

Also seemed to be running a tad faster tonite for my usual easy pace hr range (150->155). Looking forward to wearing them now in the Ballycotton 5 on Thursday, to see how I find them in a race!

No tempo run tonite, might try+combine it at weekend with my long run somehow.

Tuesday's Summary(25/08/09):
    Total Distance: 6.75miles
    Time: 51:20
    Avg Pace: 7:37min/mile

rest day today.

gonna aim for 6:10min/mile tomorrow in Ballycotton, that would give me 30:50 for 5miles. current 5mile PB is 31:23.

May or may not come off, but def gonna give it a go! ;)

No tempo run tonite, might try+combine it at weekend with my long run somehow.

I'd skip the tempo for this week if i were you...you'll be tired after the race on thursday, you probably would not be able to do the tempo at the correct pace to get the full benefit from it and your long run would then suffer so maybe do a race-sim long run from the HM program meaning you get 1 quality workout in rather 2 semi-completed ones.

See you at the race this evening....should be there early this time if you want you to do a few warmup miles

I'd skip the tempo for this week if i were you...you'll be tired after the race on thursday, you probably would not be able to do the tempo at the correct pace to get the full benefit from it and your long run would then suffer so maybe do a race-sim long run from the HM program meaning you get 1 quality workout in rather 2 semi-completed ones.

See you at the race this evening....should be there early this time if you want you to do a few warmup miles

Hopefully I can get off work early today, want to get a good warm-up in tonite.I'll hit ya a text when i'm parked below sure. Hopefully rain will stay away!

best of luck tonight, might see you there

I should be able to recognise ya from GSK 5, you were wearing a cycling cap??

Set out to target 30:50 tonite, and came home in 30:45, so delighted.

Mile splits and av-hr in brackets below:

Mile 1: 6:10 (170)
    Mile 2: 6:13 (181)
    Mile 3: 6:25 (181)
    Mile 4: 5:58 (182)
    Mile 5: 5:59 (182)

First mile was tough, thought I had pushed up enough at start, but found myself running in crowds+as a lot of ye know, Ballycotton isn't the widest of places to be running through, first 0.5mile was slow i'd say, saw 6:23 av pace on my watch at one stage, but found some gaps + sped up a good bit to get thru 1st mile in 6:10 (target mile pace).

Mile two had a bit of a drag in it at start, but wasn't too far off pace, passed a lot of faces I know from running scene here, so knew I as doing ok. 3rd mile had the dreaded hill in it, bit of a climb to start with, then final bit very steep. got up it ok+passed a few on hill, so a good sign.

As soon as I got to top, bit of a downhill stretch+momentum really pushed me down it.saw that I was running under 6min pace+ said i'd go with it for a while, needed to bring back time somehow if I was to get under 30:50.

Last mile, still saw myself doing same pace, even with few drags that there are coming into Ballycotton, only issue I had here was that some traffic was being allowed though+I had to run in/around them...not good when you've only 600m left+lungs are bursting!

Stopwatch tells me 30:45, which is 6:09min/mile average pace, really happy with this, as its > 30s faster than my GSK 5 time.
    Last year, I ran same course about 3mins slower as well.

Also ran this tonite with the asics hyperspeed shoes I got at weekend, these will take a bit of getting used to, but def notice some difference running with them. Hopefully legs won't be too sore tomorrow!

Thursday's Summary(27/08/09):
    Total Distance: 6.6miles (5mile race + warm-up/down)
    Race Time: 30:45
    Avg Pace: 6:09min/mile
    Avg HR: 180

• Advertisement

some running TNO, congrats on the time, sub 30's in sight now. I was looking at the group around me trying to figure out if one of them was yourself but nah, you were 10 secs a mile ahead of me. Good stuff.

Well done TNO, improving in every race, keep it up.

Checked the results sheet and you were down for 30:45 also according to official results...great time..edging fast towards sub 30...only thing that will stop you now is a shortage of 5 mile races on the horizon!!

Very nice time. Like everyone else is saying, it´s sub 30 next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭aero2k

Fantastic time THO, well done!

Checked the results sheet and you were down for 30:45 also according to official results...great time..edging fast towards sub 30...only thing that will stop you now is a shortage of 5 mile races on the horizon!!

Like you've just posted on your own log, the next 5mile for me will be next year i'd say.
    Looking at mile splits, last nite, I ran through first 4miles last nite in 24:46(last 4 in 24:35), which is a PB time as well (ran stryker 4 in 25:19)

There are a couple of 4milers in nov/dec, + will target improving my 4mile time, I think a realistic goal is 24mins in one of these races, with modified interval training upto then. That would get me in a good position for sub-30 for 5mile next Spring.

Apart from a 5k next Tuesday, its the half marathon thats on my mind+getting a good time there.

See you for a warm-up in Blarney ;)

recovery run after race last niteat farm. legs were tired enough now today, but in better of getting run in. was a fair bit windy out I can tell ya!

Friday's Summary(28/08/09):

Total Distance: 4.4miles
    Time: 34:35
    Avg Pace: 7:52min/mile
    Avg HR: 152

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Great run in the '5', always nice to knock out a PB.

usual long run route this morning, from Harty's into Monkstown+back over hill.

legs still not rite from Ballycotton, so gave "race-sim" workout a miss.

Saturday's Summary(29/08/09):
    Total Distance: 12.82miles
    Time: 1:42:45
    Avg Pace: 8:01min/mile
    Avg HR: 150

Summary of this weeks running below, last week saw peak in mileage+stepping down from this now. Half marathon now only couple of weeks away.
    Next race is Togher 5k on wednesday, looking forward to it as its a fast enough course from what I remember of it last year.

Week 12 Mileage Summary:
    Mon: 5.31miles
    Tues: 6.75 miles
    Wed: 0 miles (REST)
    Thurs: 6.6miles (incl. 5mile Race)
    Fri: 4.4 miles
    Sat: 12.82miles

TOTAL: 35.9miles

• Advertisement

was wondering would I be heading to gym for my run today, but rain cleared up in afternoon, and was hoping pitches at farm wouldn't be too bad, main one was really wet though, good practice for cross-country!

Got 5.5miles in at an easy pace, keeping heart rate in 150-155 range. legs a bit heavy today, and the wet grass made it a bit harder. summary:

Monday's Summary(31/08/09):
    Total Distance: 5.52miles
    Time: 42:57
    Avg Pace: 7:47min/mile

Last day of August, so have added total mileage to table below:

Year 2009|Jan|Feb|March|April|May|June|July|Aug|Sep|Oct|Nov|Dec|TOTAL
    Number of miles run|26|47|42|71|59|127|160|164|-|-|-|-|696
    Number of days run|4|6|8|12|9|18|22|22|-|-|-|-|101

Advertisement