Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm going to improve my 5 mile time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Set out to target a 6:00min/mile pace tonite, as I had ran last two miles in Ballycotton at that pace last week.

Very fast start, saw me go thru 1st mile in 5:44. Course is very flat, very few hills, looping around housing estates in Togher, so wasn't too concerned about time, rather to see if I could hang on in there.

Only problem was I got a bit of a stich in my side after 3/4 mile, and was starting to get at me, so I relaxed a bit by dropping speed, I had to anyway, there was no way i'd be able for another 5:45 min. mile!
    Average speed was still sub 6min pace at two mile mark, so pushed on to hold that pace till end.

Man, I thought the finish would never come. not sure where stitch came from, didn't eat too close to race+didn't take on that much water, thank god it went away!

Crossed line by my watch in 18:25, another pb, an improvement of 33s on Novartis 5k a few weeks ago.

Mile 1: 5:44 (170)
    Mile 2: 6:06 (181)
    Mile 3: 5:59 (186)
    0.1mile: 36s (188)

Wednesday's Summary(02/09/09):

Total Distance: 4.5miles (5k race + warm-up/down)
    Race Time: 18:25
    Avg Pace: 5:56min/mile
    Avg HR: 179

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Great racing TNO - what is the 5mile target now?

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Great racing TNO - what is the 5mile target now?

When I started this log in June, I had ran 32:53 for 5miles, that now as of last week has come down to 30:45, really happy with improvement.

Last nite's 5k time, says i'm capable of 30:30 for 5miles. The goal would be a sub-30 now, but this may be on hold till next year as I don't see any 5mile races on horizon down here in Cork.

There are a couple of 4mile races coming up, where I will look to get sub-24 in one of them, that will get me in a good position for a sub-30 attack for 5-mile next year.

Next race is the half marathon sunday week and that is the main focus now and will probably run the Cork to Cobh 15-miler as well 3 weeks after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭aero2k

Great stuff TNO,

You're hitting some great times there. Best of luck with the half.

Recovery run today, legs were tired, but not as bad as last week after Ballycotton. Ran letting heart rate dictate pace. Summary:

Thursday's Summary(03/09/09):

Total Distance: 5.10miles
    Time: 40:48
    Avg Pace: 8:00min/mile
    Avg HR: 153

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

Another nice PB! Nice going...

legs still a bit tight after race on wed. another recovery run tonite, lossened out after 15mins. plan tomorrow is to do about 10miles, the last long run before the half sunday week. :eek:

Friday's Summary(04/09/09):

Total Distance: 4.70miles
    Time: 38:00
    Avg Pace: 8:05min/mile

Last 'long' run before the half next week, officially on a taper now for next week ;)

Usual loop along esturary into Monkstown and back by Rafeen over hill. Started out slow enough, but got to sub-8min average pace before the hill, pushed up this a bit harder this week, so didn't lose much time+ was easy running back to car. Fully recovered now from Wednesday's race thank god.

Next week's running will be easy paced enough i'd say, mite throw in a bit of a tempo run early in week.

Saturday's Summary(05/09/09):

Total Distance: 10.19miles
    Time: 1:20:44
    Avg Pace: 7:55min/mile
    Avg HR: 155

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

good stuff TNO, you've done some work over the summer. great to set all those PB's. What's your target for next week, around the 86 min mark?

asimonov wrote: »
    good stuff TNO, you've done some work over the summer. great to set all those PB's. What's your target for next week, around the 86 min mark?

I think the 86min mark mite be a bit ambitous. It would be a target if I was starting my training now I'd say with adjusted training paces, based on current PB times.

I have a plan in my head to run first 6miles (hilly part) at 6:45min/mile and to run a faster second half to race, as its downhill->flat, pushing 6:40->6:35min/mile. It will all depend on how I'm feeling at the top of the hill at the 6mile mark.

So i've a time in my head around 87/88 mins, looking forward to it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

tisnotover wrote: »
    So i've a time in my head around 67/68 mins, looking forward to it now!

I presume you mean 87/88 ?

Thats well within your grasp after the 18:25 at the 5k

Sosa wrote: »
    I presume you mean 87/88 ?

Thats well within your grasp after the 18:25 at the 5k

Whoops, thanks for spotting that....corrected ;)

I would hope 87/88 is in range, but i'm bearing in mind the course.
    must look up by split times from last year actually, that mite tell a lot.

Rest day today.

Week 13 Mileage Summary:

Mon: 5.52miles
    Tues: 0 miles (REST)
    Wed: 4.5miles (incl. 5k Race)
    Thurs: 5.1miles
    Fri: 4.7 miles
    Sat: 10.19miles
    Sun: 0 miles (REST)

TOTAL: 30.0miles

A low enough mileage week this week, 5k race took its toll on Wednesday, and took a few days to fully recover, still, really glad I raced it though.

Was looking at mile splits from Blarney half last year, where I ran it in 1:33:43:

7:21, 7:01, 7:14, 7:17, 7:22, 7:46, 7:04, 6:53, 6:56, 7:03, 7:02, 6:39, + 55s for last 0.1mile

This says I ran roughly through 1st six miles in an average pace of ~7:20 and ran 2nd half of course in ~7:00 min/mile, so picked up a good bit of pace in 2nd half of race.

The plan will be to race it the same way this time, but to try and average 6:45 min/mile for first six miles and see if I can push 6:35min/mile for 2nd half. That would give a time in the range of 87-88mins.

I also remember last year, how I ended up running with one lad, for nearly 10miles, which really helped, both found each other doing same pace, think it'd help to find a group of runners at same pace, these long races can be tough on mind+don't want to end up running in no-man's land!

Footnote:

Lead-in to Blarney Half Marathon 2008:

Ballycotton 5mile: 33:51
    Togher 5k: 19:47

Lead-in to Blarney Half Marathon 2009:
    Ballycotton 5mile: 30:46
    Togher 5k: 18:25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

...think it'd help to find a group of runners at same pace, these long races can be tough on mind+don't want to end up running in no-man's land!

Agree with you there TNO. It helps if you have a group to push the pace with. I was with a group that were running a little too fast for me in Longford last week (6:50 miles). I ended up letting them go at about the 7 mile mark which I regretted as i ended up in no-mans land then which is not good for morale or your pace. Great running this week btw. It's getting hard to kepp up with all the savage performances people on these logs are notching up these days!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Lead-in to Blarney Half Marathon 2008:

Ballycotton 5mile: 33:51
    Togher 5k: 19:47

Lead-in to Blarney Half Marathon 2009:
    Ballycotton 5mile: 30:46
    Togher 5k: 18:25

Some going in a year sham.

rest day needed today, coming down with a cold, seems to be doing rounds here at work!

will stop off for lemsip+oranges on way home, still, glad its at this end of the week!

Back running this evening, cold is much better, intake of vitamin C seems to be doing the trick!

Plan called for a 20min tempo run, aiming for about 6:45min/mile. Had not run since Saturday, and could feel it in legs, thought I might have been a bit fresher from rest, but cold mite have run me down a bit.

Warmed up for 15mins and then ran the tempo, felt tough enough to be honest. Ground was pretty tough going I suppose, very soft from all rain last few days.

Great to get back running, but hard to imagine that I'll be trying to do 13.1miles at this pace next Sunday! Easy paced running for rest of week is called for me thinks...

Wednesday's Summary(
    09/09/09):
    Total Distance: 6.28miles included:
    15min warmup - easy pace
    20mins tempo pace (averaged 6:42 min/mile, avHR 172)
    10min warmdown - easy pace

Lovely weather today, summer mite have arrived!

Had a really nice run after work at farm, perfect conditions, no wind, not too sunny, only problem were those small flies.

Heart rate was a bit high tonite, but didn't care tonite, legs felt good enough...roll on Sunday...

Thursday's Summary(10/09/09):

Total Distance: 4.96miles
    Time: 38:17
    Avg Pace: 7:43min/mile
    Avg HR: 160

Another lovely day here in Cork, think its meant to last into next week as well!:D

This evening was my last run before Sunday's race, kept heart rate in range this time.Tomorrow def a rest day...

Friday's Summary(11/09/09):
    Total Distance: 4.58miles
    Time: 35:32
    Avg Pace: 7:46min/mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

kept heart rate in range this time.Tomorrow def a rest day...

Looks like you're over the cold...best of luck Sunday. If I have a race Sunday I normally like to get out for a real easy 15-20min run on the saturday with a good stretch afterwards...find it leaves me a bit fresher for the race rather than a complete rest day. Went for a 15min run the morning of the ballycotton 5 mile race and felt great after it. Maybe its psychological only but I really do think it helps.

Will prob see you around warming up on Sunday

• Advertisement

Best of luck yourself on Sunday as well lad, like Ballycotton it would be good if we could find a group of runners at the different paces we're running, especially for such a long race!:eek:
    Must look up results from last year actually and see who'd be likely suspects ;)

will prob see ya at some stage up there, I think the run maybe a psychological thing alrite, but may find myself heading for one l8r, if I get bored hanging around here today, normally i'd be after a long run at this stage, the rest was good...

Cork half marathon today in 1:27:12, thats av pace of 6:40/mile, so happy out. thats an improvement on over 6mins from last year...:D

will post race-report l8r ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Cork half marathon today in 1:27:12, thats av pace of 6:40/mile, so happy out. thats an improvement on over 6mins from last year...:D

will post race-report l8r ...

wow sounds like a superb performance, congrats!

Mile splits and av-hr from today's half marathon race:

Mile 1 : 6:40 (171)
    Mile 2 : 6:37 (178)
    Mile 3 : 6:50 (178)
    Mile 4 : 6:42 (177)
    Mile 5 : 7:00 (179)
    Mile 6 : 7:15 (181)
    Mile 7 : 6:28 (179)
    Mile 8 : 6:24 (177)
    Mile 9 : 6:25 (178)
    Mile 10: 6:27 (180)
    Mile 11: 6:34 (180)
    Mile 12: 6:43 (180)
    Mile 13: 6:34 (183)
    +0.1mile: 0:35 (185)

Sunday's Summary(13/09/09):
    Total Distance: 14.1miles (13.1mile race + 1mile warm-up/down)
    Race Time: 1:27:12
    Avg Pace: 6:40min/mile
    Avg HR: 179

Forecast was good all week for this and it held true, starting out at 11am, weather was grand, prob about 17C, but it was only going to get warmer which we all found out in 2nd half of race!

My plan was to get to 6miles at about 6:45min/mile av pace, and pick up pace in 2nd half with the hilly section over. Found a group of "Eagle AC" runners at start of race and set out with them steady for 1st mile, felt real comfortable + my legs were feeling good + ready for the road ahead.

Group split then and found myself running with Dennis Caroll (another Eagle runner). Last few races i've done, Dennis has ran about same times as me, so was determined to stay pace with him for as long as I could.
    We were side-by-side and catching runners, at a steady rate, pace was grand, in/around the 6:40 mark before the 4.5mile point where the tough part of the course starts.
    There's a good climb from the 4.5mile point to just past the 6mile mark and you see different gradients, was great to have company on this I can tell ya, as we were both pushing each other up climb.

Over the top of the hill, a swing right and there's a sharp downhill, Dennis took off like a rocket down this+me like a sheep followed him! Right before the 7mile mark I got a stitch in my side, that was getting
    sharper, felt this in 5k race last week as well, tried to relax+let it pass, which it did, but it felt like it took an age to go away.

I did drop some speed and Dennis flew off ahead of me, but the mile split for the 8th mile was good. At this part of the course, you running mostly flat/downhill running+like last year I was making good time, and the overall average pace was coming down to where I wanted it to be.

Next few miles were uneventful, was running on my own at this stage, but was picking off runners at a steady rate, had good momentum with me, and was feeling good. Just past the 9th mile mark, a group of 4 runners formed with me in it, and said to myself to try and stay with this gang now, pace was steady enuf,and went thru the 10th mile mark in 66:45, which is an unofficial PB for me(previous was 68:56 I think), but just after that I felt another pain in my side, another stitch and it was feeling worse than the last time.

I hung on to the group for a while, but this time, the stitch wasn't going away as quickly, and so had to drop the pace, relax and let the group go. Pity as Dennis was just ahead of us and were catching him!

Struggled with the stitch right thru the 12thmile, and lost time here, but again it eased and I picked up pace as best I could, as I was well on track for a good time.

Passed through the finish line in 1:27:12, delighted to see it, didn't really mention the heat there now, but it was baking for 2nd half of race. The roads have good shade in places, but some open stretches were fierce hard with the sun coming down.Completely different to last year when it was raining!

Overall delighted with time, race went according to plan, but felt I could have got a 1:26:xx time without stitches happening, pity I
    had to leave that group of four go.....NEXT TIME!
    The hilly section from 4.5mile to 6mile mark was tough, but the hill training I had done in my long runs at weekends, def paid off. Can def say that following that Ryan Hall training plan was a good idea and paid off, and its also helped my times at 5k and 5miles.

A few beers, a big dinner and rest are called for.

Week 14 Mileage Summary:
    Mon: 0 miles (REST)
    Wed: 6.28miles (incl. 20min tempo)
    Thurs: 4.96miles
    Fri: 4.58 miles
    Sat: 0 miles (REST)
    Sun: 14.1 miles (Blarney half)

TOTAL: 29.9miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

great running again TNO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

well done,great run,in that heat especially

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Great going TNO.. That is some time especially given the weather as others have said. You must be delighted.

Must dig out that 1/2 marathon training plan once amdam is done and dusted :pac:.

Congrats on a great time. You´ve built up some good resistence over the last few months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

A great race report and a great time, Tis. I can vouch for the fact it was so hot - I was sweating just standing waiting for the ambulance!

• Advertisement

thanks for all the nice posts lads, cheers. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Another good run TNO. Really like the way you paced it so evenly, the mile splits reflect the elevation profile perfectly! this log is a great advocate for concentrating on non-marathon distance running...well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Hi TNO.
    Only got round to reading your account of the Half just now.
    Good report and fantastic running - the sort of which I can only dream.
    It was a lovely day all round :).

Monday: REST
    Tuesday: REST

Legs sore-ish last couple of days, but felt worse after the 5k race. Been pretty busy at work+working late, so miten't have gotten out even if I wanted to.

Will do a couple of laps on grass tomorrow.

Just over 3.5 miles tonite down at farm, legs in better shape than last few days, but still not recovered, will hopefully build up mileage towards weekend.

Wednesday's Summary(16/09/09):

Total Distance: 3.62miles
    Time: 28:25
    Avg Pace: 7:51min/mile
    Avg HR: 154

took yesterday as a rest day as well, felt I needed it, after a poor showing of running on wednesday ;)

felt grand tonite, so headed out to farm. half way through the warm-up, legs seemed fine, with no niggles, so decided to do a tempo run. 2mile warm-up, 3miles @ 6:30min/mile, 1mile warm-down.

tempo splits 6:29 [172],6:29 [176], 6:30[179]

6:30min/mile is a predicted half marathon pace (mcmillan) off my recent 5k time of 18:25. If I decide to train for the waterford half, it'll be 6:30 pace, i.e a 1:25 half that i'd be hoping for.

One thing that I noticed training for the blarney half is that the intervals were fine, I could run them fair enough, but struggled on long tempo runs (4-6miles), this is something I hope to work on over next while.

Undecided about cork2cobh to be honest. Been on a high most of week after running well last Sunday, so not motivated, but tonites run went well+ will get out for a long run in morning. we'll see how things go tomorrow+over next week....

Friday's Summary(18/09/09):
    Total Distance: 8.48miles included:
    2mile warmup - easy pace
    3miles tempo pace (averaged 6:29 min/mile, avHR 176)
    1mile warmdown - easy pace

• Advertisement

Long run this morning, John had crazy idea of doing 15miles, doing Blackrock 6mile loop first before doing 9mile Monkstown loop after. Agreed we'd see how we were after the six, and were fine so kept going another bit, before we knew it, we were commited to doing the full 15 sure!

Last time we did this it was in reverse, so we met, the hill in Monksotwn at 6miles, today we hit it at 12.5miles and it was a lot tougher. rest of run was fine, heart range was grand, legs grand, but hill really took a lot out of me today. A bit misty out, but good to get the run in, will relax now for rest of weekend.

Saturday's Summary(19/09/09):
    Total Distance: 15.26miles
    Time: 2:03:32
    Avg Pace: 8:06min/mile

Week 15 Mileage Summary:
    Mon: 0 miles (REST)
    Wed: 3.62miles
    Thurs: 0miles (REST)
    Fri: 6.0 miles (incl. 3miles tempo@6:30)
    Sat: 15.26 miles
    Sun: 0 miles (REST)

TOTAL: 24.88miles

A low enough mileage week this week, but needed the rest days, still got a nice tempo run in and a decent long run this morning.

Read this in Gringo's log other day+ said i'd try it out last nite.
    target 15mins@8:00min/mile, 15mins@7:30min/mile, 15mins@7:00min/mile

15min av pace splits and hr below:

1st 15: 7:59min/mile [145],
    2nd 15: 7:29min/mile [159],
    3rd 15: 6:58min/mile [167]

Felt really good this run, and was nice to be able to shift pace like that, breaks up normal monoticity of an easy paced run+is supposedly a clever workout according to mcmillan.

Mite throw this in every couple of weeks at least.It oculd also serve as a fitness test, as ideally if things are going the right way, then the av heart rate should be lower for each of the three 15min paces.

Monday's Summary(21/09/09):
    Total Distance: 6.04miles
    Time: 45:02
    Avg Pace: 7:27min/mile (progression run)
    Avg HR: 157

Read this in Gringo's log other day+ said i'd try it out last nite.
    target 15mins@8:00min/mile, 15mins@7:30min/mile, 15mins@7:00min/mile

15min av pace splits and hr below:

1st 15: 7:59min/mile [145],
    2nd 15: 7:29min/mile [159],
    3rd 15: 6:58min/mile [167]

Felt really good this run, and was nice to be able to shift pace like that, breaks up normal monoticity of an easy paced run+is supposedly a clever workout according to mcmillan.

Mite throw this in every couple of weeks at least.It oculd also serve as a fitness test, as ideally if things are going the right way, then the av heart rate should be lower for each of the three 15min paces.

Monday's Summary(21/09/09):
    Time: 45:02
    Avg Pace: 7:27min/mile (progression run)
    Avg HR: 157

I was thinking of getting a few of these runs in (also after reading it in Gringos log!). Seem to make a lot of sense especially if you´re going for a negative split in a race.

I was thinking of getting a few of these runs in (also after reading it in Gringos log!). Seem to make a lot of sense especially if you´re going for a negative split in a race.

Don't come crying to me after ye pick up overtraining injuries!:D Did another one today and it seems to make a lot of sense, especially for marathon training....so long as you feel as a whole the training session was easy i.e you should feel up for a tempo run the next day.

we're just copycats ;)

its a good run though+def a change from normal plod of a few miles at constant pace.
    feel grand too today after it.

came across a good article about mile repeats on runners world, worth a look:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-263--13298-1-1-2,00.html

• Advertisement

Been a while since i've had an interval session, last few weeks had a good few races, so there wasn't the time.

Plan was for 10min warm-up, then 5*0.5mile @ 6.07->min/mile pace (thats about my 10k predicted pace, or 5k pace+10s), with 1:30min active (jog) recovery between repeats. Finally 10min warmdown. All this setup in garmin and off we went wink.gif

Summary of 0.5mile time splits and HR in brackets:

Int Time (HR)
    3:05 (169)
    3:04 (172)
    3:02 (174)
    3:03 (175)
    3:02 (174)

Overall average: 3:03 (173)

Happy out with splits, held off a tad I think on 1st few, but picked it up then.
    Used the "average lap pace" on garmin to keep eye on pace+worked really well
    Last two intervals were hard and felt myself working a bit more.

Good session, but body def knew that I hadn't done these in a while!

Tuesday's Summary(22/09/09):
    Time: 44:45
    Avg Pace: 7:24min/mile
    Avg HR: 161

will also be closing this log in a bit, prob wait till after Cork to Cobh 15mile race.
    My 5 mile time has def improved, just need to set some new targets now, for other distances maybe, over winter/spring.

will start another training log though, just need to think of an imaginative title ;)

Easy paced run after work. Ran by heart rate (150-155) rather than pace, heart rate is behaving itself again lately, found this after the last 15mile run I did as well, that training was really good the week after, either that or I'm running around half asleep ;)

Def up for doing Cobh now I reckon. rest day today and tempo run on Friday.

Wednesday's Summary(23/09/09):
    Total Distance: 5.15miles
    Time: 40:00
    Avg Pace: 7:46min/mile
    Avg HR: 150

will start another training log though, just need to think of an imaginative title ;)

Something with 2010 Cork Marathon in the title would have to be it.

yesterday, wanted to do a tempo run after work, targetting a pace of 6:40->6:45min/mile, a pace i'll try and run the 15mile at sunday week.

1mile warm-up, then 4miles at tempo pace, followed by warm-down

tempo splits 6:45 [169],6:38 [174], 6:43[175], 6:45[177].

This was tough going tonite, and shows that I need to focus on these a bit more. I was a bit wrecked after work, but still, I thought i'd handle the 4miles a lot easier than that.

Resting today, bit of a sore head on me!

Friday's Summary(25/09/09):
    Total Distance: 6.63miles included:
    1mile warmup - easy pace
    4miles tempo pace (averaged 6:43 min/mile, avHR 174)
    1.6mile warmdown - easy pace

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Something with 2010 Cork Marathon in the title would have to be it.

hehe, perhaps! ;)

At home for weekend, so headed to Glenbower Wood for a fartlek-type run this morning. plan was to push hard up the hills and recover inbetween. did two laps in a figure of 8 loop. Never seen the wood as dry as it was this morning.
    Should really try and do more running down here as its really nice+great for hillwork!Off work now next week, yippee!

Sunday's Summary(27/09/09):

Total Distance: 7.2miles
    Time: 54:31
    Avg Pace: 7:34min/mile
    Avg HR: 164

Week 16 Mileage Summary:
    Mon: 6.04 miles (prog run)
    Tues: 6.03 miles (5*800m intervals)
    Wed: 5.15miles
    Thurs: 0miles (REST)
    Fri: 6.63 miles (incl. 4miles tempo@6:43)
    Sat: 0miles (REST)
    Sun: 7.2 miles (fartlek)

TOTAL: 31.05miles

Easy paced run at farm this evening. calfs a bit sore from wood yesterday, but good to loosen them out. either a tempo/light intervals tomorrow, not sure yet.

Monday's Summary(28/09/09):

Total Distance: 5.35miles
    Time: 42:02
    Avg Pace: 7:52min/mile

either a tempo/light intervals tomorrow, not sure yet.

I'd do the 'easy' tempo today @ Sundays goal pace +10sec (only 20min) and then do the 'light' intervals thursday - 6x400m with same time rep recovery. I find the tempo takes longer to get over so better to do it early in the week and then get some easy speed in the legs on thursday and you'll be in good shape for Sunday.

1mile warm-up, then 3miles at tempo pace, followed by warm-down.

gonna target 6:40-> 6:45 pace for 15mile race on Sunday, so plan was to run tempo pace at 10s slower than this. Had two big cups of coffee (off work) before this today+jasus they must have had some effect, as I felt like I was flying during run, pace was real comfortable at 6:47, and felt I could have kept going for another few miles at that pace, a good confidence boost, as I don't normally get that from tempo runs.

tempo splits 6:47 [170],6:47 [172], 6:47[172].

Tuesday's Summary(29/09/09):
    Total Distance: 5.34miles included:
    1mile warmup - easy pace
    3miles tempo pace (averaged 6:47 min/mile, avHR 171)
    1.34mile warmdown - easy pace

• Advertisement
Advertisement