Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alert Sign on Thread

Options
  • 10-06-2009 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering why there would be a yellow alert sign to the left of the thread title on a thread i posted??

Cheers

TheL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's one of the thread icons that can be chosen by members.

Click the "new thread" button anywhere you like - underneath the large text box you'll see the icons you can choose from (from top to bottom you'll see the "post new thread button, the title box, the message box, the tags box and the message icons radio buttons). They're not used that often to be honest.

To be honest, I tend not to notice those icons (or any other icons) but perhaps that's just me. The "alert" box would normally mean that a thread is regarded as important by the thread starter but you know how that is these days:) So the short answer is "the thread starter chose it and there's probably no particular reason they chose it other than trying to make you notice it".

Advertisement