Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis Warhead Artifacting

Options
  • 11-06-2009 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Having a really annoying problem with Crysis Warhead. After about 15 minutes it starts artifacting pretty badly, and only reducing the settings stops it - but the thing is that both cards are running at good termperatures even at 1920x1200 max settings (100% fan speed, load under 60-70c) and other games are perfectly fine, so I'm stumped on this one. I had the same issue with older 8800GTS Sli, but assumed it was heat....I've tried new/old drivers to no avail. Using GTX260 in Sli.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,408 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

memory leak?

Maybe its spot-heat in some spot the thermal sensor is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've had the exact same issue with Crysis Wars, which is the multiplayer part of the same game, but only on certain maps. I got artifacts at stock graphics settings with a HD4870 that couldn't be explained except for a graphics glitch. I thought it was driver related as my temps were fine. I've not tried it since i upgraded to a HD4870X2.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i've had a problem with my gtx260 on this. it doesnt like oc'ed cards. but since the 4th (or 5th :confused:) patch for crysis wars, it seems to be ok

Edit: GTAIV was the same, though it was more severly. make sure its not overclocked/update the game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I used to get that all the time. The usual way i would fix it would be, pause the game. And then hit Alt+Tab, to minimize the window and show the desktop. Then hit Alt+Tab again to open back up Crysis Warhead.

Despite its optimizations, I think that Warhead is more susceptible to memory leaks, causing slowdown and Artifacting.

Let me know if this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That always helped, but it's not really a great fix - though it's all I have, as I've changed drivers and although everything else is running perfectly at 1920x1200, Crysis keeps on artifacting all over the place even at sub 60c temps. Just given up now really on playing it for the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement