Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beckham Booed at England v Andorra?

• 11-06-2009 2:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Bit trivial but was watchin highlights of England v Andorra at Wembley, 6 - 0, i think was the end result, anyway towards the end of the game Becks was gettin booed everytime he got the ball. Pretty sure it had to be the England fans cause doubt anyone from Andorra was even there. Whats all that about anyway, he do somethin or is it cause its just Beckham.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

They where shouting shoot as far as im informed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

definitly shoot from what i heard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

BECKHAM ON THE BALL

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Discuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yes.

in other news. I also heard 'shoot' from the crowd. especially after they scored 3 times in about 6 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

They were indeed shouting shoooooooot

The crowd last night was highly impressive considering that the tubes were on strike.

Anyone who knows Wembley will know that getting in/out without the tube is pretty hard.

Fair play to the FA they offered full refunds to anyone who couldn't go etc.

I think they reduced the prices too ( not sure ).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

I'd a tenner on 6-0 @ 8/1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

Yeah we was shouting shoooooot, innit?! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nah it was boo, Marsman and his family were there specially for it. (Guardian in joke)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Davidth88 wrote: »
    The crowd last night was highly impressive considering that the tubes were on strike.

Anyone who knows Wembley will know that getting in/out without the tube is pretty hard.

Its London not outer Mongolia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,729 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I'd a tenner on 6-0 @ 8/1 :D

Jesus it was only 8/1?

These teams really have to be weened out before they get to this stage in world cup qualifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Yep It Was Defo Shooooooooot They Said It A Couple Of Times When Lampard Was On The Ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I thought they were booing him as well. Are you sure they were shouting shoot? There was one occasion when he had the ball and the booing noises could be heard until he slipped and mis-kicked the ball at which they all started cheering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Its London not outer Mongolia.

I was born and grew up in NW London , believe me without the tube Wembley is hard to get into/out of.

The traffic would have been totally horrible, almost impossible. I have no idea what the parking is like now with the new stadium but no way would it have enough for even a 50k crowd

The parking restrictions around Wembley make Croke Park look easy.

In normal games , I would say 60-70% of the crowd would utilise the tube to get there.

I lived about 7 miles from Wembley , by tube it was 15-20 mins ( 6 stops ). There was no other viable alternative, driving was not possible . If there was a tube strike and it was an England game to be honest , I would have stayed at home ( might have been different if it was a FA Cup final involving Chelsea or something )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Davidth88 wrote: »
    I was born and grew up in NW London , believe me without the tube Wembley is hard to get into/out of.

The traffic would have been totally horrible, almost impossible. I have no idea what the parking is like now with the new stadium but no way would it have enough for even a 50k crowd

The parking restrictions around Wembley make Croke Park look easy.

In normal games , I would say 60-70% of the crowd would utilise the tube to get there.

I lived about 7 miles from Wembley , by tube it was 15-20 mins ( 6 stops ). There was no other viable alternative, driving was not possible . If there was a tube strike and it was an England game to be honest , I would have stayed at home ( might have been different if it was a FA Cup final involving Chelsea or something )

there is less parking at wembley than there was for the old ground. The Tube stations and mainline station were revamped as part of the new stadium.

The jubilee line was running, but oly had trains every 6 - 7 minutes, which when you think it is normally every two minutes and every train is packed gives you an idea of how much this would affect people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

i took it as "shoot" myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Soby wrote: »
    i took it as "shoot" myself

I think the commentators kept saying "and still no goal at wembley for beckham.", or something similar. Has he not scored at the new wembley yet or something? Maybe this had something to do with it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I was saying boo-urns.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Eirebear wrote: »
    They where shouting shoot as far as im informed

In fairness, they were right. He's been shoot for years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

is this the worst thread ever in the soccer forum?

maybe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Mr Alan wrote: »

hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

roffles, this WAS the worst thread ever on soccer until Dave and Alan posted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

They were definately shouting shoot, the commentators on UTV commented on how they must know that Beckham has never scored for England in Wembley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

roffles, this WAS the worst thread ever on soccer until Dave and Alan posted :)
    meh....i found the london geography lesson to be quite useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

Mr Alan wrote: »

booooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

but i don't have the ball?!

Advertisement