Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFO, E.T disclosure thread.

• 11-06-2009 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I posted a big long thread, and somehow microsoft did a blunder on me, strange hmm.

I will edit it and post it back on here tomorrow. I would like this thread for a much needed dicussion on disclosure of E.Ts and life outside of Earth. Since life got here, it had to come from somewhere else right.

I suggest everyone turn off the T.V and start countring stars and no I'm not been sarcastic, Go out to your back garden and look. Then go out ro your front garden and look at the other stars. Go to Austraila on the southern hemisphere and there are millions of stars seen from the naked eye, yet on the northern hemisphere we can only a certain part of the constellations and its still mind boogling how big tjecosmos is.You know interdimensionally I'm starting to connect with the races and no its not physical and no they dont talk english and no they dont talk about celebrities and what happened on desparate houseves etc.

I'm creating this thread, because it is important for you to start been aware firstly, second start asking yourself questions and thirdly start dicerning reality around you NOW. not yesterday, not tomorrow NOW.

If you want disclosure on your planet, your going to have to manisfest this reality into this world and dumping the reptiillian 3.D controlled society. Society only wants you to be a certain way, think a certain way, and view this society as the correct way and everything yuo do and create against society is incorrect. You CREATED this world. All of the souls that incarnate here CREATED THIS WORLD. You created governments so you wouldnt have to face yourself, so when the governments **** up you blame them. You dont go star gazing because you dont want to find out the truth you leave it to NASA, so when NASA finds info and hides it, you get angry and demand disclosure.

The ONLY way tihis world will get disclosure is we start aacting like we can take on board the bigger picture. We need to look likke we can handle diclosure, and not have this sort of smeering like we do when we dicuss this topic, if you catch my drift....

Are we mature enoujgh to find out the truth, Can we as race get off our ass and stop treating ourselves like the simpsons and face the unknowns and make the unknowns a known....

I would love to hear your responses and thoughts. I really need to know as to whether not your ready. And how we all treat this topic in the next few days, shall determine that, Once I've seen enough I will then tell you if we are ready and if we are not then we have much more work to do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

The question of "Are we ready"
    Are we ready for disclosure or are we not, i dont think it adds anything of value to the subject of UFO or ET.
    however i'll answer the question you ask.

I find the subject of UFO/ET fascinating but do i think disclosure will happen when were ready........... NO!
    their is many reasons i think {NO}, I dont think im ready nor do i think i will ever be ready for disclosure because, i cant imagine what people will say or think ... ,nor can i be imaginative about the future after disclosure. Most people think with disclosure we'll have answers to evolution/god , [to name just 2 mysteries].
    i dont believe its a need for us, to tranform!! [or tap] into the ET consciousness for disclosure to happen.
    i think this thread is more about the origins of life or evolution other then UFO/ET..
    i enjoy alot of skywatching .... its for some, not all.
    Some-times i think the question of are we ready for disclosure should be personal to every individual, for discussions in other peoples company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

mysterious wrote: »
    I posted a big long thread, and somehow microsoft did a blunder on me, strange hmm.

I will edit it and post it back on here tomorrow. I would like this thread for a much needed dicussion on disclosure of E.Ts and life outside of Earth. Since life got here, it had to come from somewhere else right.

I suggest everyone turn off the T.V and start countring stars and no I'm not been sarcastic, Go out to your back garden and look. Then go out ro your front garden and look at the other stars. Go to Austraila on the southern hemisphere and there are millions of stars seen from the naked eye, yet on the northern hemisphere we can only a certain part of the constellations and its still mind boogling how big tjecosmos is.You know interdimensionally I'm starting to connect with the races and no its not physical and no they dont talk english and no they dont talk about celebrities and what happened on desparate houseves etc.

I'm creating this thread, because it is important for you to start been aware firstly, second start asking yourself questions and thirdly start dicerning reality around you NOW. not yesterday, not tomorrow NOW.

If you want disclosure on your planet, your going to have to manisfest this reality into this world and dumping the reptiillian 3.D controlled society. Society only wants you to be a certain way, think a certain way, and view this society as the correct way and everything yuo do and create against society is incorrect. You CREATED this world. All of the souls that incarnate here CREATED THIS WORLD. You created governments so you wouldnt have to face yourself, so when the governments **** up you blame them. You dont go star gazing because you dont want to find out the truth you leave it to NASA, so when NASA finds info and hides it, you get angry and demand disclosure.

The ONLY way tihis world will get disclosure is we start aacting like we can take on board the bigger picture. We need to look likke we can handle diclosure, and not have this sort of smeering like we do when we dicuss this topic, if you catch my drift....

Are we mature enoujgh to find out the truth, Can we as race get off our ass and stop treating ourselves like the simpsons and face the unknowns and make the unknowns a known....

I would love to hear your responses and thoughts. I really need to know as to whether not your ready. And how we all treat this topic in the next few days, shall determine that, Once I've seen enough I will then tell you if we are ready and if we are not then we have much more work to do.

OK! A couple of points, will you please learn a bit more about grammer sentence construction and spelling! (I am well aware that my own is not perfect) I don't know if english is your first language, maybe you are dyslexic, but your style of writing makes it very hard to read your posts. I am honestly not having a go, simply telling you what I think! Second, where on this or any other earth did you get the authority to tell us whether or not we are ready for any kind of release of information we are not in possesion of? Lastly you have mentioned reptillians more than once and while I apologise for the David Ike remark on that other thread where are you getting this idea from? What is it that you think you know that I am obviously unaware of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

I''ll send a pm as to why my english is not that good.

where on this or any other earth did you get the authority to tell us whether or not we are ready for any kind of release of information we are not in possesion of?

Because we are slaves to our own planet, Our reality is just earth. Our society consists of earth reality. Our society teach's us not to question. We are programmed to believe what society wants us to believe in. If you witness something that society is not familar with, its crazy, nuts, insane, delusional.

So I'm asking are we ready yet?

Lastly you have mentioned reptillians more than once and while I apologise for the David Ike remark on that other thread where are you getting this idea from? What is it that you think you know that I am obviously unaware of?

For years I used to think the reptillian theory was insane. But as I started to remeber who I am and bit by bit break away from all the subconcious controlling we are all controlled by. We are actually all programmed to be a certain way. If anyone thinks in a different way. Watch all the society labels heading their way.

I thought the whole reptillian theory was insane. But over the years looking at my life it became quite clear in my own life as the signs appearing to me.

I will tell you my personal story with the reptillians. Modern man imo is a genetically engineered species of four races. We are decendant from monkeys and I believe in darwins theory up to the missling links question. The missing links is where we obviously changed and evolved by genetic engineeringl

But anywany thats another debate. My story began, when I was not able to speak as a young child because of been premature and gaining a dissablity. I will continue this story later. I have to go :o But I'll be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Yep, get where your coming from mysterious, but I don't know enough about the subject.
    My thoughts: tv is there to keep us happy and not have to make us think.
    The governments of this world are trying to keep us happy while hiding us from the bigger truth.

Back to my experiences. I was born with a dissabilty. I want go into the details of this. But it prevented me learning to speak and my English was always lacking... So apologies If my english isn't up to the desired standard.

But as a young child with no speech, I had the opportunity to develop my gifts. Every child is special, innocent and amazing. Every single child on this planet. Children can feel things alot more vividly than we adults do. They can pick up the slightest nudge in the room. Their intuition and imaginations are always a natural strength to them. And every child is a genious because children do not have inhibitations. We become inhibited, programmed, fearful, polarised, paranoid and clogged with Shiit the older we get.

This is the problem of today's world. This then brings me onto my point and my own personal journey since I was young. I learnt other way's to communicate with people, through the awareness around me. I learnt what time meant to my state of mind. At 6 years old me and my best friend were doing telepathy and sending feelings and realities projections to each other. Another thing was, I used to get hallucinations when living in the old Georgion house. These picture were back from the 1700s when it was built and a woman was beaten etc. We lived in the basementflat so you can imagine what that was like.. But because I could not speak, I just learned and adapted in new ways while the whole world just communicated through words. I could feel, what the room was like, I could feel what people were feeling and I could give people a feeling through my projections and visions.

Then goes to answering my question on "Reptilians" I never ever onced assumed these beings that I could feel were walking around reptiles in people or that I would imagine these beings in existence. I just felt their presence within people who have the Reptilian DNA. I know now why.

At 4years of age, I would get on the bus with my mother and since i don't speak and I'm an only child I was always striking and different whenever I was in crowd, I would scan my environment and what not. I would look at the people on the bus out curosity. Immeadiately I would feel that some people are not as human as they look. I knew I had a prescence. A few people I just provoked in whatever way I looked at them. I now KNOW why some people kneejerked when They seen me. Because I can see right through them. Most of the people who I felt were reptillan did not know they were. I remember on two occaisones one woman got scared, and said to my mum your child is very rude :D I always remember that and my mum just said oh he just has this problem "dissability" Or a few other times the people who I knew had the blood would try talk to me, of course I wouldnt. And mam would say the same thing again. "Oh hes just in dreamland, dont mind him, hes shy etc"

They are human like you. Afterall what is a human. Its made of many races. The four main ones. I will not go into on this thread. But Reptillian is one of them. They are the power lustful dominating blood in humanity. ANYONE with these traits the strongest, WILL have THE REPTILLIAN DNA STRONGEST WITHIN THEM.

How do you know they are the hybrid of a reptillian? You see it in their eyes.

• Round big mixed coloured eyes
    • Thin lips
    • Dry scaly skin
    • Large eye socket eyes
    • Dark hair or reddish/fair
    • Fair skin or dark
    • Very little body hair
    • Slightly more muscular than the average
    • They heal quicker than the average
    • They normally have RH - and have the recessive gene even if a positive
    • Cold blooded in nature
    • They tend to be quiet when moving and sway through rooms
    • have an extra vertebra "tail bone"
    Now these are just clues to hone in on. YOu might go but i know people who have these trait are not reptillian. If they have all these traits THEY ARE STILL HUMAN. All homo sapiens is human. But we are made up of four race groups and the four races groups makes homo sapiens what it is today and it makes look so racially different even though we are of the one race.

The ruling elites would naturally have the reptillian DNA stronger in them as they are drawn to power. I know this is all hard to take in. But I sincerely hope you at least question what I say.

There is a huge galactic battle between many humanoid races. Earth is one of the most exposed planets in this part of the universe. So exposed everything is kept from us, because if the government let it out, the reptillians who are the masters of this reality and 3.D existence will all just fuse into chaos. War will break out and the US government will end up doing all sort of things that will endanger our race from the outside. This is why they do not want to tell you. E.Ts have been visiting this planet since the crack of dawn. Its only in the 40s that governments have officially been contacted by these races.

How do we know this. Look at hollywood, who owns hollywood and who runs it?

Going back to when we were kids.

Remember the E.T programs, the cartoons, good vs evil plots, captain planet, he-man, X-men, Count Dracula, Conan, Teenage mutant hero turtles, They all have reptilian foes in their programmes. i could name countless more. DRACO - is Orion. Orion is used as a symbol in film making ;) Dracula is a king in Romania, where they make him out to be a vampire. One of the biggest horror stories of recorded history. Princess Diana is direct decendant of him;););). Pyramids in Giza are alligned and built in the image of Orion. The bible call these gods, sepernt, demons. Movies and films throughout our time put it on your screens to programme your existence without your awarenes. Even the most popular programmes such as Stargate follow this suit too.

Why would they do this, to tell your subconcious it is FANTASY. When its the actual opposite. Instead of telling you they are real, and giving you diclosure.

THEY DRILL IT IN YOUR SUBCONCIOUS THROUGH HOLLYWOOD, SO WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT THIS STUFF. YOU AUTOMATICALLY REGISTER IT AS FANSTASY "NOT REAL" clever clever programming.

Reptillans are masters of control and power. It's why there is a NWO on the scene to prevent you from awakening and reasling the truth.

Reptillians are incontrol of your government. Via Interdimensinol existence. There is a infinite universe out there and people need to wake up to this. If we awaken we will have a better chance of changing our world and reality as it now is. We have to change and we have to take our power back.

Not yesterday, Not tommorrow, TODAY.

• Advertisement

jonbravo wrote: »
    T

I find the subject of UFO/ET fascinating but do i think disclosure will happen when were ready........... NO!
    their is many reasons i think {NO}, I dont think im ready nor do i think i will ever be ready for disclosure because, i cant imagine what people will say or think ... ,nor can i be imaginative about the future after disclosure. Most people think with disclosure we'll have answers to evolution/god , [to name just 2 mysteries].
    i dont believe its a need for us, to tranform!! [or tap] into the ET consciousness for disclosure to happen.
    i think this thread is more about the origins of life or evolution other then UFO/ET..
    i enjoy alot of skywatching .... its for some, not all.
    Some-times i think the question of are we ready for disclosure should be personal to every individual, for discussions in other peoples company.

Cheers for your response certainly interesting from my perspective. Since I believe this relality is an illusion. our mind is the reality. Because our minds manifests this world. Our thoughts and actions make this world. The thoughts and actions of this entire globe maintains this society. Because we are not aware of this potential and power, we are enslaved to the system.

Now the interesting part, you said
    will we ever be ready NO, am I ready NO

This means that your not attracting the outcome or desire to find disclosure.
    I can't imagine it

Means your not bringing this into your reality and therefore we will continue to live this version of reality forever.

We are not ready
    We will never be ready
    We will never imagine it
    We will never think of it
    And we cant do it.

Therefore it's solved. Humanity wants to stay in the unknown and deception, rather than actually handle the truth and face the possiblity of a whole new world opening up on this world.

As this great saying that will help you all. for all means.

People say to me, "god your nuts for tapping into the unknown and finding out things that no one else would ever dream of doing"

I say I face the unknown, to make the unknown now known. The unknown becomes known and therefore integrated into my perception of my world. It's really it. Thats it. People view the unknown as spooky or dark, or as this example E.T disclosure, because we are afraid what may happen. We view the unknown to be uncomfortable because we have never experienced it. We interpret it to be dark. How do we know its dark??

So I'm glad that we are talking about this, the importance of doing so is very important:) Thats if you really want disclosure.

The last thing I want to add that is of my opinion to this whole disclosure and from what people have said so far on this thread is a feeling of fear. It comes to the unknown again. Why do we view this as fear.

There is nothing to fear from gaining the truth. It's the imaginary anticipatation of how you may react to the truth been revealed.

Well this is just my take your points.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Mysterious, your detailed thoughts are really more suited to a blog (which I know you already have) than a discussion forum. We are more in the realms of your own personal philosophy here than paranormal.

But can't we not express these issues here on a forum such as here. A blog which I have suits me for personal reasons, but my questionings and thoughts are here too for other people aswell, its important that we dicuss this for everyone to interact..

I will keep of the personal side of things as much as I can, just a few people asked me a few question's that I felt needed to be answered.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

mysterious wrote: »
    But can't we not express these issues here on a forum such as here. A blog which I have suits me for personal reasons, but my questionings and thoughts are here too for other people aswell, its important that we dicuss this for everyone to interact..

I will keep of the personal side of things as much as I can, just a few people asked me a few question's that I felt needed to be answered.
    I have no problem with discussion or expression here. Its what we are about. However, your posts tend towards an essay style rather than seeking interaction and discussion with others. Brevity, levity, and a lack of repetition are what you need to consider when posting here. As this is my first interaction with you, I am asking you nicely, but firmly to do this. Any further discussion of this should be taken to pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

So mysterious, are you saying reptilians are a type of human, a trait of humankind. Or that they were disguised as humans but are ET's and that they are the rulers of this planet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I don't understand the OP , i mean disclose what and to who ?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Mysterious I would believe alot of what you say bar the reptillian part. From what I have read on internet about life outside our planet there is no mention of a devious controlling race like reptillians. There has to be other life out there and I honestly think people who doubt there is are a little silly to say the least. The universe is infinite and to think what lives and breeds on this pkanet is all there is is laughable

Carra23 wrote: »
    Mysterious I would believe alot of what you say bar the reptillian part. From what I have read on internet about life outside our planet there is no mention of a devious controlling race like reptillians. There has to be other life out there and I honestly think people who doubt there is are a little silly to say the least. The universe is infinite and to think what lives and breeds on this pkanet is all there is is laughable

So your saying its not there because you dont see it. If you did some research of your world, you would know the reason society doesn't tell you that they are ruling your planet. One has to look at how NASA always hide things from the public and never give a straight answer on anything. Be aware, be aware and be aware. That is what you have to do. Soicety doesn't want you to see whos controlling the world. Power and deception go hand in hand. Who said they don't exist. Your planet has evidence all over the globe, from the mayans, egyptians, alien knowledge, Nasca lines, Blue bloods, Rh negative, connections with sirius, Pyramids all over the planet seeming to worship the many constelations where races have came from, to wall paintings of UFOS in caves, to gods coming down from the skies in all the ancient civlizations on and on... The Anuanki who came from Nibru who gave the summarians their culture. To all the missing links within our genome.

You need to look harder. but what you believe to be true is another topic. But try and be more open minded.

Conmen never want you to see they are conmen, so they hide it from your view. Simple pshycology.

VinnyTGM wrote: »
    So mysterious, are you saying reptilians are a type of human, a trait of humankind. Or that they were disguised as humans but are ET's and that they are the rulers of this planet?

On this planet
    You have
    Reptiles
    Mammals
    Fish
    Creustations

All can evolve to the humanoid form. All reptillans are humanoids. All humans are humanoids. The physically gemotry of a humanoid, is

Two arms, Two legs and a head. The face has two eyes and mouth.
    Feet = to move from one point to the next
    Hands = to make a point and fix a point or create a point within a point.
    Head, is to see the point, make a point, and travel from any point to another without time or distance.

The humanoid, is the representation of the 5th dimension. They are evolved to leap from any planet based on their body type. So if any animal evolved on another world like us, with having two legs, twa arms and upright they would eventually build technoloy to do interplanetary travel.

Other worlds you would have simalar types group of animals. On this world evolution led the way for mammals to evolve as the dinosaurs died out due to the metorite 65million years ago. On other worlds, dinosaurs would of evolved to humanoid form likewise, or fish, or whatever.... given the environment. DNA is universal, the oodes are there since forever. The simple life forms turn on the and off the codes to evolve to suit their environment meaning that these simple life forms had the capability of been a human before as it has the codes to evolve into a human. It is mind boggling once you go into that area.

On Sirius for example, you have a dolphin race, Feline race there. The feline race I'm not to sure if they evolved there, But these are catlike, doglike and have majestic colours like the lion and tigers here. They are 6th dimensional beings.

Orion is the base of the Reptillians. or constellation DRACO. Orions belt has three stars and all were inhabited on many worlds in their systems. Wars broke out on these worlds. Reptilians from DRACO are the ones who are the masters of this world. They haven't destroyed us, because they want to control us. They are miilions of years ahead in evolution, they have found better ways to take over lower 3-D less evolved races such as ourselves.

These two systems are worshipped throughout many ancient civlizations and reliigions. Both are noted in the bible and koran too. The giza pyramids passege way shaft are exactly aligned to the sky of these stars too.

Anyway going off topic.

Reptiles are humanoid, but not human whatsover. Humans are are a manifestation of many races. Humans are unique in that we are lower evolved beings with a very active curosity/imagination. We are creatures who are both intutive and logical, both hate and loving and most of all love freedom. Human = to be humanitarian.

Reptillians are like reptiles but evolved to walk upright and take humanoid form as evolution sped up. There are an old race, They are warriors of the universe. They are very evolved in this stage of the universe, they are masters of genetics, power, and terraforming worlds for their own creation.

How do I know this, because the manifestation of all you need to know is on earth. Earth is so diverse and rich to the point, you would wonder why hasnt a race invaded us yet. Because you have thousands of race depending on your world. "to be something else" of all that is.

espinolman wrote: »
    I don't understand the OP , i mean disclose what and to who ?

To diclose life elsewhere, meaning that the government now facing up to the reality of telling the truth.

To whom, this world and humanity.

If we don't what will happen, not only will we become enslaved forever. But we will not evolve or acend on this planet if we are kept in a bubble of arrogance/ignorace. While the government which are now 80 years ahead of us. If this continue they will be so far ahead of us, we may never be able get diclosure and it will be the end of humanity as we know it. If you undestand universal geomtry. One can look at the pyramid system. The pyramid system is four points to one point. Its from the ground to the highest pont to the sky. The powers of be worship the pyramids. Pyramids are sacred symbols of evolution and power. The US government worship the pyramid system. The whole system is based on it. They own your society. The illuminati worship it.

For what purpose to enslave this world and for them to manifest their E.T counterparts into this world and survive here by taking from this world at the same time. These masters are using humanity to acsend to the stars. The rest of us will never know the truth of it. The powers of be will be very soon reaching stars while we still are led to believe that we have barely gone beyond pluto. This is the pattern. The pyramid system. The people on the bottom know nothing. People n the top are the masters and know all.

If you don't understand geomtry, I suggest you read up what they mean. All the symbols going from the star of David, Islam, Coat of arms, flags, shapes, numbers are all coded and look a certain way beyond the purpose of appearing as it does to us. For example we look at the pyramids and go in awe of it. People who understand sacred geomtry and dimensions would not be going awe and thats for sure.

One can only look at how the powers of be make sure we fight over everything on this planet.

If we dont get diclosure things will get worse on this planet.

Slavery never ended on this planet.

Disclosure, means truth.

Been true to you and your world, means you are. You are means you can be whatever you want. Your honest and true to yourself and your world.

It is not now your world,
    because you don't know the truth of it.
    You don't know what it feels like to know the freedom to be you
    You don;t yet know what it feels like to have no limits.
    You don't know what it is to think your world your own individual way.

Its goes back since the beginning of civlization, and its the reason why you had you had millions of slaves building these huge monastic sacred structures. Because E.Ts have been manifesting their reality into this one.

We are led to believe we are not worthy or capable of living to our own true potentials our own truth.

Awarness is the first step for all of us. Awarness notes whats needs to change, the change allows us to take our power and control back, from the very entities that have for thousands of years blocked our perceptions.

Why do you think there is a NWO out now, at this time.;) or swin flue. Fear inhibits your growth. The reptillians and other such entities are desparate to keep you in this reality.

Diclosure is necessary to expose this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I do not think disclosure is a good idea , the reason being i notice when certain people find out about aliens and related material that they go nuts , they become psychotic , i know someone that his wife left him over it because he thinks aliens are out to get him and he is just gone very psychotic on the subject .

I think it is more important for people to find out what life is about , people need to get educated before what you are suggesting can occur , if people really understood what life is all about , well then it would be safe to disclose information about ufos and aliens , but at the moment it would not be safe to do so .

You know the war of the worlds radio broadcasts , i think it was in the 20s and 30s , well people went nuts , there was a radio station i heard of and the locals went up and killed everyone in the radio station .

I do not talk to people about alens , because i know that it can cause them to go psycho , it is not safe to do so .

Not everyone can handle the truth , ok you can handle it , i know how to handle it , before a lot of other people can handle it they need to find out how to handle it , otherwise there would just be complete chaos .

And so i am absolutely not going to allow disclosure at this time .

espinolman wrote: »
    I do not think disclosure is a good idea , the reason being i notice when certain people find out about aliens and related material that they go nuts , they become psychotic , i know someone that his wife left him over it because he thinks aliens are out to get him and he is just gone very psychotic on the subject .

I think it is more important for people to find out what life is about , people need to get educated before what you are suggesting can occur , if people really understood what life is all about , well then it would be safe to disclose information about ufos and aliens , but at the moment it would not be safe to do so .

You know the war of the worlds radio broadcasts , i think it was in the 20s and 30s , well people went nuts , there was a radio station i heard of and the locals went up and killed everyone in the radio station .

I do not talk to people about alens , because i know that it can cause them to go psycho , it is not safe to do so .

Not everyone can handle the truth , ok you can handle it , i know how to handle it , before a lot of other people can handle it they need to find out how to handle it , otherwise there would just be complete chaos .

And so i am absolutely not going to allow disclosure at this time .

Well that is true to a certain extent. I did state that its important for self reflection, self honesty and self realisation first. This is why I created this thread to see how people would take it so far.

Its people fearing the unknown again. If we don't get disclousure, then life on earth is subordinate and static. We will keep doing the same things, believing in the same things but maybe slightly different in personal belief's. We have planet where our governments operate on greed and make us fight for thier needs. It's all repeated here, while they are negotiating and interating with other life forms.

Do you realise the U.S government could go to the moon and take recources there rather than take from third world countries. People have no idea what is going on this world The reason they don't take it, is because if the U.S government take from the Moon. Russia and China will just take all that is on earth.

Remember JFK, wanting all our nations working together as one. He wanted Russia to work with them on the space race rather than working together. Ths scared the boogoobus out of the illuminati and E.Ts. So they removed the threat.

People go psychotic, because they have been brainswashed all their life by soicety. E.Ts is not the problem. If we could understand ourselves and learn our true potential we would not differenciate aliens as beings out to get us. This is an Earth problem not an E.T problem IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Note to users: This has been moved from the Paranormal Forum to the Conspiracy Theories Forum - the rules here are different. Please read the Charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Hey All,

While I do believe theres life out there and we are visited on regular basis, I dont believe theres a world wide cover up. The people in charge of our countries are so incompetent that I cant see how they could pull this off. I mean a secret is fine between two people anymore than two and the leaks appear.

I do think the US have recovered alien crafts and technology but I dont think they are under government or military control but rather the so called black ops control. SO we have no way of getting information there.

I do believe most people are ready for disclosure, wasn't there a poll recently where 65% of americans believed that their country is covering up alien info. Well to me it wouldn't be a shock at all, I'd be just hungry for the information, where they come from, what do they know, will they share with us?

Whats the probability of the aliens disclosing the information to us directly? I mean the OP said were brainwashed by TV so couldn't they just hijack transmissions and say " Whatsup Earth were here, lets party"!

Anyway thats just a brief outline of where i'm at, but some of the stuff mentioned here is just too far out there even for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If there was a cover up someone would have left a USB memory key on a bus or accidentally put the PDF on the web etc by now.

I can't see any evidence that we have been visited by Aliens, unless it was very long ago and the Octopus & slugs etc are the evidence (copper based instead of iron based blood).

Also even Radio Amateurs have received the cassini probe and bounced a signal off Venus. Hobbyists have taken excellent photos of satellites and also stars equivalent to giant telescopes using image processing between many frames to remove atmospheric interference.

There is also SETI.

So it there were ET craft or radio signals inside the last 40 years there would be non-governmental evidence by now.

Doing your own Alien Transmission is very much easier than hijacking TV (Which TV channel, where? All of them everywhere? Satellite or Terrestrial?)

Hijacking cable is very hard. You need to break into the headends.

Hijacking terrestrial is quite hard, though easier in the past under special circumstances. A couple of ways. Again a lot of terrestrial resources are needed.

Satellite can be hijacked more easily. Either park within 200km of the satellite and broadcast stronger power in same direction (about 12dB more) or use a narrow powerful beam from a slightly lower orbit that overrides uplink.

You have to duplicate all the Transport Stream settings or the Setbox simply has no sound and picture.

There are over 100 satellite positions and up to 1200 TV channels per position. I suppose a VERY resourceful alien might be able to do it (take over all channels) with about 100+ probes each with 16 to 200 transmitters of up to 200W each and total processing power of about 1,000,000 3GHz Pentiums to duplicate all the transport streams. That's an approximate estimate of what is needed to hijack every satellite channel at same time worldwide.

If I was the alien, I'd not bother with that unless I didn't care about annoying folk and was very egotistical. A single ordinary transmission would do to start with. It would quickly be noticed by many non-Governmental folk and if the craft was within 100,000km easy to photograph (GeoSats are about 45,000km above equator). More resourceful hobbyists could probably manage further, depending on how big and shiny the ET craft is.

You can chat to people on ISS as it passes for about 5min on a "rubber duck" aerial 5W handheld radio. About 20mins max if you have a tracking aerial (plenty of hobbyists have). It's on LEO, hence the rapid transit. I know a guy in Cork that has communicated for about 8mins to N.Z. via bouncing VHF signal off the moon (it's visible here and there both for about 10min)

This site is not untypical of resources a hobbyist has that would hear or see an ET craft
    http://www.af9y.com/

See also
    http://www.mikesalway.com.au/2009/03/27/international-space-station-with-discovery-docked
    http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2008/11/astronauts-dropped-toolbag-vis.html
    http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/090204-tw-satellite-sleuthing.html
    http://www.satobs.org/seesat/seesatindex.html

Receiving echo of normal TV transmissions from the moon
    http://www.geocities.com/toddemslie/moonbounce_DXTV.html
    It's not mathematically possible to Watch Earth's TV on another planet, but you could detect the transmission. The dish size to get past the background noise would be impossibly large for a full bandwidth signal.

watty wrote: »
    If there was a cover up someone would have left a USB memory key on a bus or accidentally put the PDF on the web etc by now.

I can't see any evidence that we have been visited by Aliens, unless it was very long ago and the Octopus & slugs etc are the evidence (copper based instead of iron based blood).

Also even Radio Amateurs have received the cassini probe and bounced a signal off Venus. Hobbyists have taken excellent photos of satellites and also stars equivalent to giant telescopes using image processing between many frames to remove atmospheric interference.

There is also SETI.

So it there were ET craft or radio signals inside the last 40 years there would be non-governmental evidence by now.

As far as i remember the disclosure project had alot of pretty credible witnesses saying that there is recovered alien tech & crafts in abbundance in the US. Again not hard proof but the movement behind disclosure is growing.

And SETI
    Well heres an interesting link:
    http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25448647-30417,00.html

Links?

What witnesses?

Given the way the US spying abroad has fed US companies with "stolen" tech in the past, I'd expect to see this alien tech & crafts in abbundance [sic] in American products by now.

I can't think of any out-of-the-blue tech jumps or unexpected things other than maybe "Stainless Steel" & "Post-it notes" (both allegedly accidents while researching a hard steel and a new glue).

Links?

What witnesses?

Given the way the US spying abroad has fed US companies with "stolen" tech in the past, I'd expect to see this alien tech & crafts in abbundance [sic] in American products by now.

I can't think of any out-of-the-blue tech jumps or unexpected things other than maybe "Stainless Steel" & "Post-it notes" (both allegedly accidents while researching a hard steel and a new glue).

Well heres this:
    http://www.disclosureproject.org/

And I dont think that "Stainless Steel" & "Post-it notes"[sic] would jump to mind if you think about tech explosions?
    Surely the microproccessor would be first in line?

Have you no comment on the SETI discovery? Link was provided.

Have you looked at the work of Stanton Friedman? He worked with the US initally.
    http://www.stantonfriedman.com/

And Bruce Maccabee
    http://brumac.8k.com/

Interesting people who have devoted their lives to uncovering 'something' that is being covered up.
    There are over 100 satellite positions and up to 1200 TV channels per position. I suppose a VERY resourceful alien might be able to do it (take over all channels) with about 100+ probes each with 16 to 200 transmitters of up to 200W each and total processing power of about 1,000,000 3GHz Pentiums to duplicate all the transport streams. That's an approximate estimate of what is needed to hijack every satellite channel at same time worldwide.

Now if a guy from Roscommon cracked Nagravision encryption I dont think aliens travelling a few light years would have a problem commanding transmissions. the quoted 1,000,000 3GHz pentiums probably wouldn't run a alien toaster, ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Nobody knows for sure if EBE’s actually exist, if they do and governments know about them, In my opinion I think the reason they are not releasing the information is because it would basically freak most people out, anyway here is my contribution to the thread.

Lt Col Philip J Corso served in the US Army from 1942 until 1963. Some of the divisions he worked in were US Intel in Europe, he was on the staff of president Eisenhowers national security council from 1953-1957.

In 1961 he became chief of the pentagons foreign technology desk in army research & development under General Arthur Trudeau.

In 1964 he was appointed to the warren commission which investigated the death of JFK.

Story goes like this one day Corso was sitting in his office and there was a knock on the door and in walked General Trudeau with a filing cabinet

Trudeau pointed to the cabinet and said I need you to have a look at whats inside this for me. So Corso began taking the various bits and pieces out of the cabinet and looking at them. This was at the time of the cold war and Corso commented that it all looked very strange he had never seen debris like this before he thought they might of recovered an advanced Russian fighter jet or something like that and that’s what he was holding and examining.

So he asked his General what it was,

Trudeau then informed him that couldn’t tell him directly what it was but that the answer to his question was in the filing cabinet, it was recovered wreckage from a UFO crash in Roswell New Mexico. General Trudeau gave Corso the task of setting up a team to reverse engineer the artifacts with a view to incorporating them into American industry. Corso says that as a result of that work it led indirectly to the development of particle beam devices, fiber optics, lasers, integrated circuit chips and Kevlar among others.

He wrote a book called “The day after Roswell” where he goes into great detail about all of it Ill include a few links if anyone wants to look into him a bit more let you make up your own mind if you believe him or not.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_J._Corso

Philip Corso on coast to coast am with Art Bell it is well worth listening to he makes some remarkable claims I wont give them all away. These are the first 6 ten min segments there are 12 in total you can follow the rest of the links if you want to listen to the rest of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDpmCRjx_k8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2eMFdKlihM&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm54Y3CR5KM&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdTW4uU1uWk&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEkDzHCDTwo&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm_gQVAJLjQ&feature=related

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    Well heres this:
    http://www.disclosureproject.org/

And I dont think that "Stainless Steel" & "Post-it notes"[sic] would jump to mind if you think about tech explosions?
    Surely the microproccessor would be first in line?
    I'm an engineer. The MPU is the result of incremental development:
    Jacard Loom,
    Water powered Automatons
    George Boole (2 November 1815 – 8 December 1864) Boolean Algebra, basis for all computers.
    Pre 20th Century mechanical calculators
    Hollerith's Mechanical pre-20th century Census tabulator (Became IBM)
    Pre War "Z" computer made of relays in Germany (modern CPUs use similar wiring/design/switch/Boolean logic)
    1930s to 1948: Turing, Shannon, Von Neumann (Secret computers in Bletchly Park and various incremental developments in USA.)

Late 1880s to 1910: Research into Semiconductors: Stalls due to commercial success of Valves (Tubes)
    1930s: Theory of FET (field effect transistors, basis of modern switches, all computer elements are switches).
    1948: First transistor (but not a FET, a Germanium Junction type, a technological dead end).
    1950s: First High level languages for Computers and switch to Silicon allows ICs
    1960s/1970s: Technologists figure how to make the 1930s FETs. This enables much lower power (1000 times less) and more compact ICs
    A CPU like IC is developed for Minuteman Missiles (the original guidance computer was discrete ) and also used for a calculator (4004). Gary Kidall realizes that the technology could be used for an actual computer with a terminal.
    Early 1980s: seeing the difficulty of applying the Z80 design technique to the Z8000, the 16bit competitor to 68000 (the 8088 and 8086 where never true 16 bit CPUs, the 80286 was the 1st serious Intel competitor to 68000/Z8000), a couple of guys left Zilog and formed Xilinx to develop PLA/CPLA.
    Currently you can have an 8bit, 16bit or 32bit CPU core on an FPGA. While dedicated MPUs are hardwired arrays of switches to implement the Boolean logic and FPGA consists of arrays of switches (logic gates) or RAM based look up table using Boolean function of the gate, interconnected according to a RAM lookup table.

Mechanical TV of the Baird kind demonstrated in 1890s. Electronic TV of modern CRT based kind proposed in 1905. UK & USA electronic TV operational before 1939. Germans used HDTV for remote monitoring in the V rocket sites.

Steam engines known by ancient Egyptians and Greeks, but only high cost of labour and need for higher mine productivity, deeper shafts spurred the 18th & 19th C. development of Steam Engines.

Various mechanical calculators and clever devices never mass produced as there was no market (going back to Classical times).

If aliens have visited they have not given us one scrap of Mathematics, Science or Technology.
    Have you no comment on the SETI discovery? Link was provided.

What comment can I make? Extra Solar sources have been found before and have found to be natural. No-one knows what it is. Terrestrial signals also have to be ruled out.

It needs more investigation as he said.

Now if a guy from Roscommon cracked Nagravision encryption I don't think aliens travelling a few light years would have a problem commanding transmissions. the quoted 1,000,000 3GHz pentiums probably wouldn't run a alien toaster, ha!
    You misunderstand. No cracking of encryption is needed. The setboxes will work with the same parameters (NIT, SID, PID etc) of Transport stream without encryption. My point is that given 100 or so "probes" each with about 10K x cpu power of a desktop you could hijack every stream /TV channel on satellite (I'm from Limerick and know how to do it).
    The point is a single transmission would do as well, and people would get upset with Eastenders or BigBrother getting hijacked.

Yet another Roswell item:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8098245.stm

I confess I have an interest in the History of Comunications, Computers, Numbers & Mathematics, Language and Cyphers/Encryption and Science. So have a collection of books on the subject and reading on it for over 40 years.

I designed my 1st MPU/CPU board in 1979.

The Romans and Middle Ages Europeans were backward on Mathematics. The Babylonians ALMOST had the Zero figured out 4000 years ago, but Indian Mathematicians properly discovered it 1500 years ago. Our "so called" Arabic Numerals (as any Arabic historian or ancient Arabic mathematical text will tell you) are from India.

Give me a better example of some Tech/Science/Mathematics that "we got from aliens". Please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Apparently (I'm hearing this from a few friends from the US who are in Iraq) for the last few months, every few nights of the weeks (random times though) they've been seeing UFO (I and they don't/didn't say aliens!) activity in the skies around them but it is only visible through their night vision instruments.

They can see nothing when the night vision is turned off.
    No, I've no pictures/video either of it.

I *love* listening to this when it's going btw...
    http://spaceweather.com/glossary/inspire.html

...waiting for Watty to make a decent cheap VLF receiver and sell them to the Irish market :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Apparently (I'm hearing this from a few friends from the US who are in Iraq) for the last few months, every few nights of the weeks (random times though) they've been seeing UFO (I and they don't/didn't say aliens!) activity in the skies around them but it is only visible through their night vision instruments

If the UFO didnt have any lights on it, then how else would you be able to see them?

Possibly reconnaissance drones, I'm sure the ground soldiers don't get told about every movement of every piece of equipment.

• Advertisement

Nehaxak wrote: »

...waiting for Watty to make a decent cheap VLF receiver and sell them to the Irish market :)

Download free spectrum analyser SW and Spectrum Lab for sound Card.

Add metal core washing line to center pin of Mic In (< 10 Eur in Tesco). Connect sleeve of 3.5mm jack to a earth spike hammerd into flowerbed/lawn, not a crack in a patio as you need damp soil. An electrical wholesale or CO-OP sells heavy zinc plated 4ft earth rods (ESB and cattle fencer earths). Longer the wire the better. Doesn't need to be high up, 6ft will do. Insulate far end with nylon cord about 4ft (1.2m) long at least. Use nylon builder cord to suspend it from something at PC / Window end (or trap in top of plastic window frame.

I've also used CAT5 cable, Cat3 phone cable, speaker cable and Mic cable. Just short all the wires and screen if present at both ends so it looks like a single insulated wire.

( VLF filter using a mains transformer Primary as a coil would help, or use the phone port on a DSL filter)

One free VLF receiver.

Free Scope Also signal generator and Spectrum Analyser
    http://www.zeitnitz.de/Christian/index.php?sel=home
    click souncard scope English and download.

Free Spectrum Lab
    http://freenet-homepage.de/dl4yhf/spectra1.html

I'm an engineer.
    1950s: First High level languages for Computers and switch to Silicon allows ICs
    1960s/1970s: Technologists figure how to make the 1930s FETs. This enables much lower power (1000 times less) and more compact ICs

Doesn't this time frame jump out at you? Around same time as supposed first alien contacts / recovery etc, just an assumption? I'm also an Engineer.
    Steam engines known by ancient Egyptians and Greeks, but only high cost of labour and need for higher mine productivity, deeper shafts spurred the 18th & 19th C. development of Steam Engines.

I have watched hundresd of hours about the Egyptians and Greeks and never heard this? have you any links? Interesting but far fetched.
    If aliens have visited they have not given us one scrap of Mathematics, Science or Technology.

You are just making an assumption you have no proof to back up this statement, sorry.
    What comment can I make? Extra Solar sources have been found before and have found to be natural. No-one knows what it is. Terrestrial signals also have to be ruled out.

You are making another assumption that its a natural source besides the fact that the scientist has said it wasn't likely from a natural source, but as you say they are doing more research.

You misunderstand. No cracking of encryption is needed.
    The point is a single transmission would do as well, and people would get upset with Eastenders or BigBrother getting hijacked.

Ok, yeah get ya, but I would appreciate they would block big brother,

Again this link assumes that Project Mogul was the obvious solution to Roswell, where Stanton Freidman has blown that theory apart on numerous occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I have watched hundresd of hours about the Egyptians and Greeks and never heard this? have you any links? Interesting but far fetched.

This is probably what he means. Uses steam power but doesn't put it to any use, and I think the general view is that it was just seen as a toy.

Doesn't this time frame jump out at you? Around same time as supposed first alien contacts / recovery etc, just an assumption? I'm also an Engineer.

Not at all. It was a culmination of Mathematics, theory, technology going back over 150 years.

They knew by the 1930s what could be achieved.

You are simply lacking in background and history. I was building electronics in the 1960s and it was all the result of incremental development.

You have not yet given one example of a major "jump" not preceded by previous Chemists, Biologists, Technologists, Engineers and Mathematicians doing the ground work.

Transistor circuits in 50s to 80s largely simply replaced Relays or Valves in the same designs. Not new designs.

Semiconductor physics was slowed in development for 50 years. The first germanium transistors in 1948 changed the focus. But transistor development was held back till pure silicon crystals could be grown (as a result of renewed research). Germanium transistors were quickly abandoned. But in the 1970s the non-IC designs were simply the Germanium transistor designs (copied from Valve designs) with supply voltage reversed.

The IC designs are just single chip versions of new designs. The CMOS and NMOS low power of the mid 70s to early 80s was enabled by 40 years of theory coupled to incrementally improved materials processing to the point where the stuff could be made.

Since the first IC the development has been entirely incremental.

I've written Compilers and Interpreters. The 1st high level languages were natural developments from Assembler due having eventually enough computing resource. I've also designed CPU architectures and instruction set.

C is very like a an Assembler language.

Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace could have made an electronic or electromechanical computer, but the materials where not available. He hugely advanced Machine Tools due to his designs.

Why do you want to believe that the hard work of hundreds and thousands of Humans over the last 300 years is a gift from Aliens in the 1950s?

Read a few decent histories of Computing and Numbers. Or are they fakes?

Al-Jazari, Napier, Schickard, Kepler, Pascal, Leibniz, Descartes, Fibbonaci (Leonard of Pisa), Boole, Babbage, Lovelace, Xavier (1st mass produced calculator 1920), Burroughs (serious office machine market), Eckert, Konrad Zuse (1937 Stored Program), Shannon, Turing(1937 Abstract Computer), Von Neumann

(By 1941 Zuse's computer uses over 3000 logic gates implemented as relays). Modern computers are more like Zuse's computer than the Valved USA and UK of late 1940s.

May 1949. Maurice Wilkes (1913-) and his team at Cambridge University complete the "EDSAC" ("Electronic Delay Storage Automatic Computer"), which is closely based on the EDVAC design report from von Neumann's group -- Wilkes had attended the 1946 Moore School course. The project is supported both financially and with technical personnel from J. Lyons & Co. Ltd., a large British firm in the food and restaurant business.

This is the first operational full-scale stored-program computer, and is therefore the final candidate for the title of "the first computer".

It's the culmination of work started by Babbage and Pascal, using Booles' Algebra and directly from university research of Turning and Von Neumann going back to 1935. Not pinched Alien tech.

It takes another 6 years to get High Level Language Compilers working. A normal kind of time scale.

Amplifying semiconductor action has been noted before 1903. Development from 1948 to 1954 was rapid, but not unusually so (1st Germanium transistor to its obsolescence due to Texas making the 1st very primitive Silicon IC in early 1960s is about 12 years).

We then had all the "parts" to make progress over then next 20 years to the 1st Microprocessors in the 1970s.

1950. Zuse's Z4 is finally completed and goes into service at ETH (Federal Polytechnical Institute) in Zurich, Switzerland.
    The design is modified so that it can do conditional jumps. The machine also implements a form of instruction pipelining, with the program tape being read 2 instructions ahead and various optimizations performed automatically.

The Z4 remains in use for 5 years at ETH and 5 more in France, and Zuse soon begins making his machines commercially. He eventually sells some 300 machines before being bought out by Siemens.
    The integrated circuit was conceived by a radar scientist, Geoffrey W.A. Dummer (1909-2002), working for the Royal Radar Establishment of the British Ministry of Defence, and published at the Symposium on Progress in Quality Electronic Components in Washington, D.C. on May 7, 1952. He gave many symposia publicly to propagate his ideas.

Dummer unsuccessfully attempted to build such a circuit in 1956.
    (From wikipedia)

History of Texas Invention of IC. http://www.ti.com/corp/docs/kilbyctr/jackbuilt.shtml

The original Minuteman Missile in 1960 used a discrete guidance computer

If we stole Alien IC tech or computer Tech why did it take nearly 20 years to make a microprocessor after the 1st IC, when that MPU design was a cut down copy of what Zuse, Von Neumann and Turing designed in the late 30s.

I.e. by the time we invented IC (1958 Germanium demo, commercially viable chips were silicon) the design of a working computer were already over 20 years old and main concepts over 100 years old.

It took then a further 15 years approximately to duplicate late 1960s mainframe designs in a microprocessor based system.

It took 20 years (1956 to 1976) to develop modern concept of an OS and GUI (Xerox Star). The last 30 years has just been making it prettier, cheaper and faster.

Not at all. It was a culmination of Mathematics, theory, technology going back over 150 years.

Snip

It took 20 years (1956 to 1976) to develop modern concept of an OS and GUI (Xerox Star). The last 30 years has just been making it prettier, cheaper and faster.

Ok Watty, i cant argue with any of that at all and I'm not going to try. Thanks for the input!

EDIT: But it doesn't change the fact the there is alien life out there and some of it has visited here and continues to do so and its only a matter of time until it's disclosed. And some of its recovered technology is being intergrated into our technology and most of the advanced technology is being held back ( Mainly energy technology ) but thats just on my research over the years, more & more are coming forward all the time, very highly credible people. Anyway I dont think we'll reach a middle ground on this. I believe & you dont.

I believe it's likely there is life out there.

Maybe even a civilisation that has solved the problem of Interstellar transport, even an Ansible would be nice. But sadly all the technology we have looks like our own fault. However I enjoy the discussion and anything that makes people think more about who we are, how we got to the situation we are in and what the future is would be good. Governments and Corporations might act a bit more wisely and cautiously if they thought some more Advanced Civilisation was dropping in for tea.

We are determined as a race to mis-apply it, abuse resources and be nasty to each other.

• Advertisement

This is some footage taken by the Mexican military apparently its the first time any countries military has gone public with footage admitting they are UFO's,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDOOZ_IPb6Y

WakeUp wrote: »
    This is some footage taken by the Mexican military apparently its the first time any countries military has gone public with footage admitting they are UFO's,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDOOZ_IPb6Y

Was this the video that the US discredited by saying that they were oil rigs in the distance and that they weren't moving at all but because of the distance it looked like they were moving?

I believe it's likely there is life out there.

Maybe even a civilisation that has solved the problem of Interstellar transport, even an Ansible would be nice. But sadly all the technology we have looks like our own fault. However I enjoy the discussion and anything that makes people think more about who we are, how we got to the situation we are in and what the future is would be good. Governments and Corporations might act a bit more wisely and cautiously if they thought some more Advanced Civilisation was dropping in for tea.

We are determined as a race to mis-apply it, abuse resources and be nasty to each other.

Well i think the odds are dropping everyday, haven't scientists just found the first planet around another star in another galaxy. Andromeda galaxy if i remember correctly. That to me speaks volumes, planets are very common and so should life. when you start looking at the numbers the likelyhood of life is increasing.
    Very exciting! Would be a very hubiling experience for the human race when another race introduces themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well i think the odds are dropping everyday, haven't scientists just found the first planet around another star in another galaxy. Andromeda galaxy if i remember correctly. That to me speaks volumes, planets are very common and so should life. when you start looking at the numbers the likelyhood of life is increasing.
    Very exciting! Would be a very hubiling experience for the human race when another race introduces themselves.

They haven't found any planets out side our own galaxy.

There have been about 300 exoplanets confirmed so far.
    The vast majority of them are bigger than Jupiter and closer to there sun than we are to ours.

Of the few terrestrial planets found the smallest we found so far is about twice the size of earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrasolar_planet

King Mob wrote: »
    They haven't found any planets out side our own galaxy.

There have been about 300 exoplanets confirmed so far.
    The vast majority of them are bigger than Jupiter and closer to there sun than we are to ours.

Of the few terrestrial planets found the smallest we found so far is about twice the size of earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrasolar_planet

sorry should have added link:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8097141.stm

• Advertisement

Ah.
    I would have thought a planet would be too small to be detected that far away.

I stand corrected however.

Ah.
    I would have thought a planet would be too small to be detected that far away.

I stand corrected however.

Yeah tis mind blowing stuff, it just adds to the odds of life being common in the universe, which is my belief. Its not 100% but its still huge!

Yeah tis mind blowing stuff, it just adds to the odds of life being common in the universe, which is my belief. Its not 100% but its still huge!

But there's a huge difference between life and intelligent life.
    And a huge difference between intelligent life existing and us being visited by intelligent life.

Was this the video that the US discredited by saying that they were oil rigs in the distance and that they weren't moving at all but because of the distance it looked like they were moving?

I dont know for sure if this is that particular video oil rigs ring a bell for some reason cant remember why or where though. These things whatever they are look like there moving to me and some of them are flashing to, you can also here the pilot counting them in Spanish think he gets up to 14 or 15 at one stage...

But there's a huge difference between life and intelligent life.
    And a huge difference between intelligent life existing and us being visited by intelligent life.

It wasn't that long ago that it was believed there was no other planets in our Galaxy, then came the first planet around another star, now theres 350+ in the Milkyway and now we have the first planet in another galaxy!!!!!!!! Its just wow, this is all in the last 10 years or so. Imagine what we'll know in another 10 years! Mind altering stuff!

Again the jump between life & inteligent life, but have you ever thought that we might not be regarded as intelligent (enough) life for other advanced civilisations to interact with us? There are stars in the milkyway that are at least 1 billion years older than our sun, so if life developed there first they are just so far ahead of us that they would believe us as bearly intelligent.

WakeUp wrote: »
    I dont know for sure if this is that particular video oil rigs ring a bell for some reason cant remember why or where though. These things whatever they are look like there moving to me and some of them are flashing to, you can also here the pilot counting them in Spanish think he gets up to 14 or 15 at one stage...

Yeah I certainly agree with you that it looks like the objects are moving but I definetly remember the US discrediting a similar video within days of it being released, and I thought it was strange that they would bother. Thats why it has stood out in my mind, why would they bother as their offical line is that there are no UFO's "Offical". Looks good that video, when was it taken, released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

It wasn't that long ago that it was believed there was no other planets in our Galaxy, then came the first planet around another star, now theres 350+ in the Milkyway and now we have the first planet in another galaxy!!!!!!!! Its just wow, this is all in the last 10 years or so. Imagine what we'll know in another 10 years! Mind altering stuff!

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Scientists have believed for a long, long time that there were planets around other stars, both in our galaxy and others.

We lacked the abiity to collect observational evidence of such planets until relatively recently, but thats not quite the same as saying we believed there were no other planets.

Havigb said that, I'm sure there are some people who believed there were no other planets. There are almost certainly still some peopel who believe there are no other planets.

Again the jump between life & inteligent life, but have you ever thought that we might not be regarded as intelligent (enough) life for other advanced civilisations to interact with us? There are stars in the milkyway that are at least 1 billion years older than our sun, so if life developed there first they are just so far ahead of us that they would believe us as bearly intelligent.

Well consider that for the entire 4 billion years Earth has been here only the last 100,000 or so has it had intelligent life.
    And it's only had multicellular life for 570 million years.
    It's only have had life of any kind for a quarter of it's existence.

So intelligence (or even multiplecellularity) isn't a forgone conclusion of life.

bonkey wrote: »
    I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Scientists have believed for a long, long time that there were planets around other stars, both in our galaxy and others.

We lacked the abiity to collect observational evidence of such planets until relatively recently, but thats not quite the same as saying we believed there were no other planets.

Well yeah scientists always theorised about other planets same way as they do now about life on other planets, i'm just saying about the general public, now the proof exists. Will it be much longer until life( simple or intelligent) is detected on other planets? I reckon so in our life time or sooner.
    bonkey wrote: »
    Havigb said that, I'm sure there are some people who believed there were no other planets. There are almost certainly still some peopel who believe there are no other planets.

Yeah true sort of what I was driving at!

Well consider that for the entire 4 billion years Earth has been here only the last 100,000 or so has it had intelligent life.
    And it's only had multicellular life for 570 million years.
    It's only have had life of any kind for a quarter of it's existence.

So intelligence (or even multiplecellularity) isn't a forgone conclusion of life.

All i'm saying is our galaxy is like an old city and were a new housing development out way out on the commuter belt, were new kids on the block. Theres older & wiser further down the road.

Seen this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O87h-fkTj1Y

The US are saying its a smoke ring from a volcano( WOW! ) and at least it not a chinese lantern. Still very interesting.

Any Ideas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement