Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFO, E.T disclosure thread.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    All i'm saying is our galaxy is like an old city and were a new housing development out way out on the commuter belt, were new kids on the block. Theres older & wiser further down the road.
    And how do you know this exactly?
    There's a bit of a difference. As in it takes thousands of years to get anywhere in the galaxy.
    And it would take hundreds of years before any other race would know we're here.
    Seen this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O87h-fkTj1Y

The US are saying its a smoke ring from a volcano( WOW! ) and at least it not a chinese lantern. Still very interesting.

Any Ideas?
    Certainly looks like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B88DyWruqlo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Yeah I certainly agree with you that it looks like the objects are moving but I definetly remember the US discrediting a similar video within days of it being released, and I thought it was strange that they would bother. Thats why it has stood out in my mind, why would they bother as their offical line is that there are no UFO's "Offical". Looks good that video, when was it taken, released?

good point they usually dont even comment on them I dont think maybe it had something to do with the fact it was the Mexican military who released the footage, at a press conference no less. Think it was sometime in 2007 but I stand to be corrected cause I dont know for sure. I havent seen any similar videos released by the Mexicans since then maybe they have a few up there sleves and their waiting for the right time to release them:) we shall see..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

King Mob wrote: »
    There's a bit of a difference. As in it takes thousands of years to get anywhere in the galaxy.
    And it would take hundreds of years before any other race would know we're here.
    because it has been shown that there are stars in the milkyway that are alot older than our sun,if intelligent life started there then they are ahead of us. Yes it could take thousands of years crossing the galaxy with our tech but with advance tech and scientific understanding it could take shorter or instant travel, bending of space time and artifical worm holes spring to mind. Also how would they know were here, advanced detection, robotic probes, anything is possible. You cannot guage these questions by using our tech as the universal standard for space travel and detection, just as i cant prove there is advanced races out there visiting us. Just theorising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

because it has been shown that there are stars in the milkyway that are alot older than our sun,if intelligent life started there then they are ahead of us.

Not necessarily. Why would all species' technological advance happen at a uniform rate, why would life begin at the same relative age of their local star, why would life reach intelligence the same period after it first arose? These things are totally unpredictable.

For all we know, there could be aliens contacting us right now, that flew here from Zeta Reticuli, that come from from a planet where life only arose 500 million years ago. There could be 3 billion year old life around HD 50554 that's still floating around on a sulphur lake.

Undergod wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Why would all species' technological advance happen at a uniform rate, why would life begin at the same relative age of their local star, why would life reach intelligence the same period after it first arose? These things are totally predictable.

For all we know, there could be aliens contacting us right now, that flew here from Zeta Reticuli, that come from from a planet where life only arose 500 million years ago. There could be 3 billion year old life around HD 50554 that's still floating around on a sulphur lake.
    your two points are completely valid but i never said life was uniform, i did start the statement with an 'if', but you've given two valid scenario's, now what about the other billion's of possibilites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

OK! A couple of points, will you please learn a bit more about grammer sentence construction and spelling!

Grammar*

I think you forgot a comma or two, too. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Just a nice reminder from the charter:
    • Text Speak etc
    Text speak can make posts very difficult to follow. For the ease of all those that use the forum please use your full keyboard. Also please note that english may not be everyones first language. Correcting someone on their grammar/spelling is unnessecery. If you have a problem with a post please report it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

your two points are completely valid but i never said life was uniform, i did start the statement with an 'if', but you've given two valid scenario's, now what about the other billion's of possibilites?

I know that's not what you said, I was suggesting that there are billions of other possibilities.

I just realized I should have said "unpredictable" in my last post. Will fix it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

And how do you know this exactly? Point being no one really knows.

Is that sarcasm or are you genuinely comparing that moving smoke ring to a stationary solid ring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Seen this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O87h-fkTj1Y

The US are saying its a smoke ring from a volcano( WOW! ) and at least it not a chinese lantern. Still very interesting.

I couldnt' see anything on that youtube link about "the US" (by which I assume you mean some official department somewhere) claining it was anything.

Is there more info on this somewhere?

bonkey wrote: »
    I couldnt' see anything on that youtube link about "the US" (by which I assume you mean some official department somewhere) claining it was anything.

Is there more info on this somewhere?

Sorry, should have posted links on the day, I was looking at the links through YouTube, but cant find them?
    Anyway heres a link with a news report, basically the park is saying its from a ride called Volcano. Theres two news reports videos, one somewhat interesting.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_wavy_kingsdominionmystery_is_it_a_ufo_20090615

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Sorry, should have posted links on the day, I was looking at the links through YouTube, but cant find them?
    Anyway heres a link with a news report, basically the park is saying its from a ride called Volcano. Theres two news reports videos, one somewhat interesting.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_wavy_kingsdominionmystery_is_it_a_ufo_20090615

That doesnt like smoke to me it looks like its hovering.....

WakeUp wrote: »
    That doesnt like smoke to me it looks like its hovering.....

Yeah it's definitely hovering.

Doesn't seem like it was a hoax either. Too many people seen it to be some video cgi stuff.

Yeah it's definitely hovering.

Doesn't seem like it was a hoax either. Too many people seen it to be some video cgi stuff.

So what do you think?

A ring hovering?

Something solid but transparent except the edge?

I dont know what to make of it? Its not a smoke ring? Cant find out where it went? Did it disappear, fade away, move away? that could clear up alot.

I think it's just something natural. Like I kinda believe in UFOs.. but I find it hard to believe that this object is a real UFO with people in it.

But I've nothing to argue against it. It looks like a solid ring object in the sky. I think this one is more of an unexplainable flying object than the usual UFOs associated with "Aliens".

• Advertisement
Advertisement