Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event managment

Options
  • 11-06-2009 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Ive just finished year 3 in event management and will get my degree fingers crossed in november but there doesnt seem to be any work .Anyone any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Ive just finished year 3 in event management and will get my degree fingers crossed in november but there doesnt seem to be any work .Anyone any advice?

Is there an add on honours degree? if there is then do that and get another year in college.

If you dont want to then get to the careers fairs, keep in contact with the dkit careers department.

Check all the online job sites, apply for jobs that even say 1 - 2 years experience and try to sell what you have done in college as experience

While your looking for work, try to do some personal projects and you can add them to your cv to help boost it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 drakeramorray

Yeah there is an honours degree but i'm too old to still be in college .Im 27 .I have been applying for jobs but to no avail . Thanks for advice though but fourth year is a last resort for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yeah there is an honours degree but i'm too old to still be in college .Im 27 .I have been applying for jobs but to no avail . Thanks for advice though but fourth year is a last resort for me .

I was in the same sort of boat as you when I got my ordinary degree, thought i was too old to go on with more college but after a summer of a few interviews and a lot of research I found out that employers take an honours degree a lot more seriously.

Also your only 27, you'll be working all of the rest of your life so is one more year at college really that bad an idea?

Just out of curiosity, If I wanted to organise a charity drive around Ireland to raise money for the Irish Cancer society, a 3 - 4 day trip around the republic with stuff like go karting, paintballing etc organised during the days, would you be able to help me organise that or is event management something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭AdamusAdonis

hmm, sister in this course.. bleak :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ptalullah

Hey, go back to college for another year. I'm in your class, we'd miss you too much :) Besides unless your ready to move to the UK I wouldn't hold your breath for a job unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement