Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bat for lashes

Options
  • 11-06-2009 3:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Very original and interesting sound.
    Any fans here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

Hell ye. Love her sound and she has a fantastic voice.

Very easy on the eye too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Would
    Her music isn't bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That song Daniel is fantastic (it's not a cover of Elton's moving ballad from the 70s).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I kinda saw her when she supported Radiohead last year, despite the various substances working on my brain, she seemed pretty good....

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Captain Iggy

Yeah, fantastic act.

Have been intrigued since I saw them play at the Mercury Music Prize thing a couple of years ago.

I think 'Daniel' will takeher to a new level of exposure in the same way 'Paper Planes' did for M.I.A. - not immediately after initial release, but it's sheer quality will shine through eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Two Suns is the best album Kate Bush never made.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Jay P wrote: »
    I kinda saw her when she supported Radiohead last year, despite the various substances working on my brain, she seemed pretty good....

Heh, similar feelings here. A little bit too mad in a calculated sense, but some cracking tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I saw her at Radiohead too - tbh the crowd seemed fairly disinterested. I tried clapping/cheering as loud as I could because I felt a bit sorry for her. I thought she was great, but in a quieter, more intimate setting she'd be amazing.

Fur And Gold was a fairly solid album with some amazing tracks ("Horse And I", "Trophy" and "What's A Girl To Do?" immediately come to mind) but it had a little too much filler. I haven't listened to Two Suns yet but based on what I've heard about it, I have high expectations.

Advertisement