Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart usage meter?

Options
  • 11-06-2009 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Is there one? Had a quick search but didnt find any evidence here. I also dont see any evidence in the manual.
    Not that it matters for smart, but I think I am too institutionalised with the other capped services I have had in the past. I would feel more comfortable knowing if I am taking the piss or not :)

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

They don't, but then they really are unlimited, so relax and don't worry about it.

Your modem will tell you how much you used since it last connected, you could estimate your usage from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Heh, I just set off a download for ALL my steam games since I rebuilt my computer. My last provider would have a heart attack by the time it finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yeah they have a FUP but have never invoked it in living memory even when a user got to the 1 TB mark they just went, 'Cool, we got the big one.'*

MC

* May not have actually been said ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Smart have a fup but never heard of them clamping down, I have heard of one smart employee on boards some time ago saying that they had one user on a home package pulling down 1TB a month.

Frankly pulling down that amount in a month is just pointless imho :)

[EDIT] Just saw what Munster posted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

We do have a FUP and we do write to people who go totally nuts - simply to be fair to all customers. Very very very bold people can and have been disconnected.

The reason you probably dont see it here is because Boardies probably wont have lots of sympathy if someone were to post "I downloaded 1.5TB last month and Smart asked me to go easy" :D

Usage stats page is in development - a few people have asked for this.

• Advertisement

How about a working bills page and Caller ID too while yer at it, been asked for many many many times on Smart forums and just ignored. Unfair that ye refuse to issue full bills (for free) if ye can't prove the calls were made to the customer before the money is seized!

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

How about a working bills page and Caller ID too while yer at it, been asked for many many many times on Smart forums and just ignored. Unfair that ye refuse to issue full bills (for free) if ye can't prove the calls were made to the customer before the money is seized!

MC

PM me the details please. Full (free) bills should be available online....

When trying to download the bill in PDF you get this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭crol

i use du meter to monitor my broadband usage. its excellent but it isn't free. i've heard bitmeter which is free offers similar functionality.

if you wanna get serious and start actively traffic shaping connections you could go for netlimiter.

colm

Advertisement