Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoFoBoMo - How is it going?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Attempt #1: Signed up, took lots of pictures for my chosen theme, couldn't make them sit right on a page, mothballed project.

Attempt #2: Photo opportunity fell into my lap, plan B springs from the ashes of sofobomo project, took loads of pictures which happily seem to sit well together.

Where I stand at the moment is that I had my layouts done ready to upload to photobox as individual images to slot into one of their templates for an A3 book, but was a bit worried about the lack of control I had over the quality of their sharpening and resizing etc.

As a result I hesitated slightly, and tbh, didn't have the time to upload them anyway. But a week is a long time in sofobomo-land (now stretching my 'fuzzy month' concept a bit, but what the hell!) and I have newly acquired an iMac and had a tutorial in setting up layouts directly in Lightroom (thanks to Allmyownteeth) to export as full size jpegs to the photobook site and as pdfs to the sofobomo site. The re-done layouts are in progress.

So I'm nearly there!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    ..If so, how are ye getting on?

Sloooowly!

You know the old saying, "Choose a SoFoBoMo theme in haste, take shots at leisure"? Well, maybe that's not quite it, but it sure fits me right now!

Having trouble with getting enough shots together that are print-worthy, I'm looking at stuff I've taken and it's being filtered down to an aaawful small pile. And not finding time to take the sheer volume of shots I'd need to make the number.

Hopefully I'll change that at the weekend though. Hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

I signed up alright and I reckon I have the number of images required from a recent trip to the Bass Rock. I have only processed about 5 of the photos though and I had planned on doing a blurb book from the trip. If I do the SoFoBo I don't think there is a way of getting a PDF from the book software that is used with blurb. This could mean two books and I am not liking this at the moment.

I started mine on the last day of May so I have until the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭hopelessOne

I've got til Tuesday to complete it so the pressure is on now. Photos are all shot but I'll probably add a few more over the weekend. I realised last week that I probably had too much to be doing without adding a sofobomo project but then I can probably pull it together over this weekend. Hopefully :(

Printed book vs PDF is a real pain in the neck. I looks like I'll be going with Scribus (open source DTP package) to produce the layout and PDF... then getting it printed at my leisure. It would be much easier to be able to use one of the photobook packages for both though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I am glad that I did not sigh in - the finishing process is painful...

• Advertisement
Advertisement