Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Third Round June 12 - 14

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

gimmick wrote: »
    That is not to say that they were not treated poorly however.

Fresh shaves and walking sticks all round for tonight so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

oldyouth wrote: »
    Longford Town installed some of their officials in our ticket booth to 'assist us' in counting the correct number of spectators purchasing tickets. I suppose that is usual for cup games.

It is standard as it happens. Some clubs have been less than honest over the years with the split. Easier to have a second pair of eyes - saved Sligs a few bob at the weekend when Cork tried to pull a fast one.

In theory, numbered ticket stubs should eliminate the need for a count, but they are not technically required for the cup.

For example, we handed Drogs a computer printout of all scanned tickets into the stadium tallied with turnstile clicks. No dispute possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What I heard was that Cork only offered 40% of tickets sold prior to the game - ie. 'forgot' about tickets bought on the day of the game.

Gimmick can gloss over it if he wants, but its another example of Coughlan running the football club like a building site.

You heard wrong. I am not a fan of Coughlan at all, but that did not happen. That is a fact. The problem arose from what I said earlier, concession tickets. Not freebies, concessions for OAPs and kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pathetic performance by us last night, not looking forward to Limerick away on Friday, well the match part of it.:D

Welcome back ONYD.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I don't believe it. It's actually becoming predicable at this stage. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The cup is a load os sh1te anyway.

Sligo win 2-1 AET.

We missed a peno to make in 2-2. Cannot complain as Sligo should have finished the job on Friday night.

Rafa, Rafael. Rafa, Rafael. Rafa, Rafael
    Rafael Cretaro!!!:D

I know other songs as well i swear!:p

Cork peno was a dive btw(not a response to gimmick)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    As for having their own men on yer gate, last time they did that in our place, thier man actually miscounted. Only for we were doing the honest thing and telling them they would have got a far less cut than they did.
    I'm not having a go at Longford or anything (some of the nicest fans to visit Ferrycarrig IMO) but I heard tonight that there was a minor disagreement over the figures on Sunday, as the number of tickets did not match the clicker total. Anyone who has been to Ferrycarrig knows that, to enter the clubhouse, you have to go back out through the turnstiles. Some people who were coming and going were clicked twice. It was all sorted in the end

• Advertisement

elshambo wrote: »
    Rafael Cretaro!!!:D

From what I have seen of this guy this season, he has improved immeasurably. Always handy, but this season has been immense. Better than "Faz" everyday of the week anyway.

From what I have seen of this guy this season, he has improved immeasurably. Always handy, but this season has been immense. Better than "Faz" everyday of the week anyway.

You may or may not have noticed that when Faz left, nobody made much of a fuss (apart from the way it happened)

Team was built around him, he stood on the edge of the 'D'

Team now built around Raff, He doesnt stand!:D

He used to be part-time and being small, it took him time to get strong enough etc
    (people develop at different times, something football clubs dont take into account)
    He suffered for a few seasons as well because one week he would be right full, next week he would be left wing etc

Middle of season before last Raff being fulltime started to show, last season he really kicked on, this season he has been savage,
    Honestly cant thing of anyone id swap him for in the league at the mo
    if he was 3 years younger ,he would already be on the boat tbh
    He would crush the First division(old 3rd:o) in england

Cork left back had a good game as per usual, centre backs solid (raff was at their ankles whole match, they kicked him all over the shop)
    Behan put in a shift, rest didnt show for most of it

Joining the real Rovers next month apparantly. :D

Barnes'e is signing him for Trammy?
    Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

Cork left back had a good game as per usual, centre backs solid
    Behan put in a shift, rest didnt show for most of it
    Business as usual then...

Will we even exist in August? :mad:

Faz or Cretaro? You can have Faz. Awful over rtaed waster in a front line of awful over rated wasters. You would not take Doolin in some capacity as well would ya?

• Advertisement

Faz or Cretaro? You can have Faz. Awful over rtaed waster in a front line of awful over rated wasters. You would not take Doolin in some capacity as well would ya?

Cretaro.

If we didn't take Doolin when he applied for the job, what do you think are the chances we will dig you out now? Rovers play football remember.

I dont care, just take him as tea boy or something.

I will say in Faz's defence, he is the kind of player who would NEVER fit into a
    Doolin team

And yet Doolin signs him twice?:confused:
    to clubs stuck for money?:confused:

Didnt even put him on last night, in a game where he would have something to prove against players he would know the movement of:confused:

No; wait its Doolin:eek:
    It makes perfect sense!:rolleyes:

Ya cause no other club does kids or oap tickets?:o

Your always doubting the cork lads word on financial things yet believe them on this?:confused:

"we will give ye yer money on tuesday, promise"

Hope word is wrong but
    Word is......
    I know for a fact as I was speaking with 2 people who were involved in the dispute after the game. Sligo are not owed a cent. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

That is not to say that they were not treated poorly however. But they got what they were owed. End of story.

http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1179647&postcount=155

If Cork still owe us money then I assume Rovers didn't hand over money to them last night? At least I hope they didn't!

On Friday night Cork City officials put our club officials through absolute hell and even some abuse.After quite a bit of coming and going we got PART only of what we where due.This was sorted out last night.

Id like to know what happened tbh

Advertisement