Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL cutting out

Options
  • 11-06-2009 9:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Anyone had an experience with short (< 1min) outages recently with DSL? I'm in Dunmore East, Imagine. This is happening with increased frequency for the last week or so. Connection goes dead, no email, can't ping etc. Then back within 60 seconds.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

conolan wrote: »
    Anyone had an experience with short (< 1min) outages recently with DSL? I'm in Dunmore East, Imagine. This is happening with increased frequency for the last week or so. Connection goes dead, no email, can't ping etc. Then back within 60 seconds.

Sounds like noise on the line or a weak SNR margin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Doubtful about noise. It's sudden, like a switch off then on again.
    Friend on same road has just confirmed same thing over last few days. Think it's exchange level issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

I am in rural east Galway and have had new Eircom line to give BB for about 1 1/2 months. Fine for the first few weeks but now can't connect at all a lot of the time. DSL light flashing. Have tried resetting and dwitching off and on and sometimes comes back, sometimes not. I need to get some home time so I can call Eircom support to follow up.

This issue here is different from that. For a start the DSL light remains on when the outage occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Friend on same road has just confirmed same thing over last few days. Think it's exchange level issue.

What did Imagine say when you rang?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Might be may not be, could be caused by electrical interference between you and the exchange also

kaizersoze wrote: »
    What did Imagine say when you rang?

Imagine are raising it with Eircom. They can actually see the outages in their log. Just wondered is theis my exchange only, or is it more widespread?

Advertisement