Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C. Ronaldo gone!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Yup Official we have accepted an 80 million bid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Its on the official club web site, unless that has been hacked the bid is real, and United have accepted.

ManUtd.com

I know it feel dirty for some of you to visit there so just trust me if ya don't want to.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

just heard an 80 million pound offer was accepted...get your euro calculators out!

• Advertisement

Holey crap, Fergie better have a fast winger/striker ready to buy (Benzema?)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mike65 wrote: »
    Holey crap, Fergie better have a fast winger/striker ready to buy (Benzema?)

with that wonga available to him, i'm sure he has something up his sleeve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8094720.stm

80mil. Nice. They could get themselves a Ribery + Huntelaar + cash to spare.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    just heard an 80 million pound offer was accepted...get your euro calculators out!

at todays rates from xe.com

93.9191 EUR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Christ thats a lot of money!

Question is, how much will go into new players and how much into servicing debt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Think it's a canny move by united.

I don't have to look at his smug head now unless I watch La Liga.

A summer of threads about him moving are over.

He can play his first match against Shamrock Rovers and get dispatched to Tallaght Hospital to get Pat Flynn's studs removed.

Win. Win. WIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Utd just hit the Jackpot

£80m is nothing short of ridiculous. Actually its disgraceful.

Congrats Man Utd fans - A truly world class midfield awaits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Delighted with the fee but only if it is spend on adequate replacements which aint easy...

So if this goes through, Real have broken the transfer record set by them twice in the space of a week.

I'm no Utd fan but I think that he will be a loss to the premier league

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

So if this goes through, Real have broken the transfer record set by them twice in the space of a week.

I think if the Premier League can get rid of Drogba too now, it will be a much more pleasant spectacle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

holy f***.

real you bunch of t*ts.

they really are a dislikeable bunch.

so is ronaldo though, so all in all, good fit.

spockety wrote: »
    I think if the Premier League can get rid of Drogba too now, it will be a much more pleasant spectacle.

I think Drogba came out today and said he wants to stay a Chelsea booooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Do these people not know there's a recession on.

A statement on United's webiste, under the headline 'Reds accept £80m Ronaldo bid', read: "Manchester United have received a world-record, unconditional offer of £80million for Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid."
    The statement continued: "At Cristiano's request - who has again expressed his desire to leave - and after discussion with the player's representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player.
    "Matters are expected to be concluded by 30 June. The club will not comment until further notice."

so he has until the end of June to decide, this one might drag out yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Great business for United.

That's a ridiculous amount of money.

Consider they paid half that for Zidane

Zidane > Ronaldo all day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

so he has until the end of June to decide, this one might drag out yet
    ehh I reckon he's currently packing his bags mate, it won't drag out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Absolutely delighted - the biggest club in the world came calling and off he went. It was obvious to everyone he wanted to go. Who can blame him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

The "unconditional offer" part has me a little confused??

80 mill straight cash, none of this 60 million and then 2 if we win the league, and 2 if Ronaldo scores 20 goals, and another one for every cl round we get through stuff.

*80 mill hand it over deal done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Good riddance I say.

Less sulking, less pouting at the big mirror sorry screens in the stadiums.

At least half of that money will go to paying the loans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,729 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Picture 2 suit cases 40 million in each being handed to David Gill. ;)

Dave! wrote: »
    ehh I reckon he's currently packing his bags mate, it won't drag out

he might have to add in stipulations in the contract of getting the away kit to be pink, unlimited supply of hair gel, sunbeds in the dresssing room etc. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Warper wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted - the biggest club in the world came calling and off he went.

And you allegedly a Barca fan...

Try fishing somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Warper wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted - the biggest club in the world came calling and off he went.

Ehm...biggest in what sense?
    Did you see Real last season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Does anyone have a copy of that PRICK photo that was doing the rounds earlier in the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I assume it means United get 80m and thats it no extra fees if Real win say the champs league with Ronaldo or La Liga etc

Many other transfer fees seem to have lots of those conditions attached

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I'm no utd fan but if he does leave it will be a sad day for the premier league. His skill and ability is second to none and cant be replaced!!!

And you allegedly a Barca fan...

Try fishing somewhere else.

LOL - Seriously, whatever it is Real are the most attractive/biggest team in the world for players. I am a Barca fan but i am not stupid. They are not the best team in the world but Perez will do his utmost to buy this. When Madrid come knocking 99% of players go - eg Figo etc.

Its a wake-up to Utd fans though that there are bigger fish in the sea than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

thewools wrote: »
    I'm no utd fan but if he does leave it will be a sad day for the premier league. His skill and diving and cheating abilities is second to none and cant be replaced!!!

fixed that for you mate

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Possibly, but utd probably can buy 2 top drawer players with the money they will receive and still have some left over. Obviously both of those might not be new players to the premier league, but from a strength to the premier league regarding both football quality and marketing there is not a lot of loss in that regard (imo)
    Utd pretty much can get who they like now, there probably wont be much competition regarding bidding wars (unless real are still flashing it around)

thewools wrote: »
    I'm no utd fan but if he does leave it will be a sad day for the premier league. His skill and ability is second to none and cant be replaced!!!

Yes but its great for La Liga

fixed that for you mate

;)

:D

I bet Tevez will stay at United now
    Probably try to get Ribery aswell and have some spare cash left

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Des wrote: »
    Does anyone have a copy of that PRICK photo that was doing the rounds earlier in the month?
    Thomas-Nycz-Losi-2-6743.jpg

• Advertisement

Anyone expect Man City to come in with a crazy bid for ronnie now that he is on the market??? :D

hope they do - would make things more interesting!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Don't let the door-knob hit ya where the good lord split ya!!

Byeeeee.!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Will ithis Ronaldo to evolve into the Brazillian Ronaldo once he hits the freedom of Madrid without Fergie to clip him around the lug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Great bit of business for united,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

£80m cash up front - Jesus, absolute madness!

This is a great deal for Utd.

They would have been fools to turn it down!

On another note, how are real goin to fit both Kaka & Ronaldo into the same team whilst getting the best out of both of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Im absolutely delighted.

What a ridiculous amount of money for the petulant git.

Oh happy days.

Its going to be an interesting summer.

First port of call must be to hold onto Tev.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

not working mate

***Banzai Place Bets Now***

Will Ronaldo cost more than Newcastle FC ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

gucci wrote: »
    Possibly, but utd probably can buy 2 top drawer players with the money they will receive and still have some left over. Obviously both of those might not be new players to the premier league, but from a strength to the premier league regarding both football quality and marketing there is not a lot of loss in that regard (imo)
    Utd pretty much can get who they like now, there probably wont be much competition regarding bidding wars (unless real are still flashing it around)

Top Drawer? Sorry, top drawer is Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi - they all play in Spain now, we sold one of them. We can get 2 second drawer players.

And money to spare? For what? For a third drawer player? For the Glazer's debt? Come on guys, players like that don't grow on trees. He's irreplaceable as far as I'm concerned. And we're a less good team now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

The knives come out :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement