Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C. Ronaldo gone!

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

However happy I should be espically considering I support Liverpool.. I'am not.

The thought of players like Benzema and Ribery signing for United is quite sickening to think about and if not them possible Eto'o or Villa.

They'll certainly get one of Benzema and Ribery... hopefully it's the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Everyones forgetting the most important aspect of this transfer!!

Fantasy Football has just become ALOT more interesting :D

On a serious note im delighted hes gone. But united have alot of money to spend now. I could easily see David Villa and ribery both joining them now....which would make them more dangerous than having just ronaldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

joe123 wrote: »

no its already been said at least twice you are just slow.

Certainly has, no more just captaining Ronaldo constantly for many of you :D

no its already been said at least twice you are just slow.

Or that I cant be arsed reading through pages and pages of posts?

• Advertisement

Or that I cant be arsed reading through pages and pages of posts?

Then maybe don't tell people what they have forgotten when you have not read what they have posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Make no mistake about this fellas this is a lose to the PL as a whole. It now means the three best players in the world all ply their thread in Spain. It's saddening for me as a United fan obviously but the game will have alot less talking points to say the least. He was so marketable it was sick.

I pray to god we sign Benzema. he looks some package already, power, pace and a sublime finisher.

Time for Rooney to step up. Come on Wazza.

Then maybe don't tell people what they have forgotten when you have not read what they have posted.

Im so so sorry...You need to lighten up I was only joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

On a serious note im delighted hes gone. But united have alot of money to spend now. I could easily see David Villa and ribery both joining them now....which would make them more dangerous than having just ronaldo.

Villa and Ribery have stated they've no desire to move to England , I especially can't see Villa moving there

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Sizzler wrote: »

Liverpool would probably sell Gerrard for that if it was offered,no joke :eek:

Rubbish, Rubbish, Rubbish.

• Advertisement

Im so so sorry...You need to lighten up I was only joking.

so was I but you seem to have taken offence.

Hopefully Benzema sticks to his guns(comments) that he wants to stay with Lyon for one more season. Oh how I pray to the footballing gods this is still the case :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Any bitching from Platini about the Spanish clubs throwing their money around yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,731 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Hopefully Benzema sticks to his guns(comments) that he wants to stay with Lyon for one more season. Oh how I pray to the footballing gods this is still the case :p

I think Benzema is afraid of being found out to be honest.

so was I but you seem to have taken offence.

Fair enough. You should work at your humour though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

amacachi wrote: »
    Any bitching from Platini about the Spanish clubs throwing their money around yet?
    Nope Nothing From Him Yet, Wont Be Long Though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

I'm absolutely gutted I'm in tears.

Will be the reaction of some of the saddos outside Old Trafford no doubt.

Great bit of business for United unless they waste €30m of it on say a 'can't be arsed' Eastern European, or it goes to service the Glazer debt.The transfer market despite the Global recession and that Setanta are on the brink still continues to spiral out of control, and it only the beginning of June.
    So when United go after any half decent player, they will have City, Milan, Chelsea and maybe Madrid all chasing the same signature and so greatly inflating the price.
    He might be an unlikeable player who was never my favourite at Utd but only Xavi, Iniesta or Messi would be able replacements so it's not going to be easy him.

Liverpool would probably sell Gerrard for that if it was offered,no joke :eek:
    If he was a selfish, wantaway little bollix and was desperate to move then this might happen but as he is not it's unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

amacachi wrote: »

lol, thankyou for making me smile :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

patmac wrote: »
    If he was a selfish, wantaway little bollix and was desperate to move then this might happen but as he is not it's unlikely.

Like when he wanted to go to Chelsea? :p

Ah well. Kind of lame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Not since May 2005 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Steven Gerrard? In a thread about Cristiano Ronaldo? I never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

spockety wrote: »
    Rubbish, Rubbish, Rubbish.
    LOL, in denial there.

Havent you read the audtors comments on the 'pools year end finances :confused:

I was taking the pi$$ about Utd bidding £60m as theres a zillion reasons why it wouldnt happen,but you can't tell me that the owners wouldnt seriously chew over a £60m offer for any of their players if it came from Real e.g.

Liverpool and Steven Gerrard have nothing to do with this so please STFU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ronaldo is worth 4/5ths of Newcastle football club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mike65 wrote: »
    It'll all be denied but I think this is the er real deal.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Going to leave this open because The Guardian is a reputable newspaper, and Daniel Taylor no fool.
    Why would Ronaldo wanna join Madrid? They aint gonna win nothing for years. That club is a joke.
    I love the way people are up for selling Ronaldo and replacing him with such un proven players.

Young has done it in the premier league but has proven nothing at the top level.

Ribery has been playing in the second division of European leagues his whole career.

Benzema has had a couple of seasons in the French league and his stats don't exactly blow me away though I think he will be good.

This is before we even start discussing the availability of these players. Or wether all the transfer money would be given to Fergie.

Ronaldo was our best player last year. Is our top goal scorer this year. Hasn't been playing as brilliantly as last year but is still playing well.

People moaning about his tempermant that was there last year in every game we struggled in.

No matter what he done this season some people would still be calling for him to be sold.

Also this article had come out of no where using quotes from last December. Which both the manager and player shot down. Ronaldo has shown no desire to leave this season. Has not been quoted or mis quoted as suggesting anything. So all this hated is balls IMO. They guy ****ed up last summer. Get over it. People make mistakes especially young people been given bad advice.

Fans should be supporting the team for the season and not giving these stories legs.
    Hmm your not the smartest. If the deal was done last summer do you not think the fee would have been set last summer? And therfore be based on the fact he was the best player in the world. Do you honestly believe that
    Fergie would keep playing somebody he has agree to sell. Fergie has been very reluctant to drop or rest ronaldo. Would he do that when he was going to sell the player in the summer. Would he do that if a player was consistently putting in what you call diagraceful performaces.

Or do you just like putting sentences together that make no sense.
    Headshot wrote: »
    one bad season and some utd fans want him sold already?

ffs as if Ronaldo could repeat last season performance,and you can tell he's under soo much pressure to repeat it and with no preseason under his belt,its tought going for him and iv havent even mention the sly kicking Ronaldo gets too

soccer fans have the best short term memories around

edit: Ronaldo has said numerous times he wants to stay at utd
    He will not go at the end of this season. He will go whenever SAF goes, and that will NOT be this summer
    Unearthly wrote: »
    Usually a good sign the opposite will happen.

Happy days.
    keane2097 wrote: »
    He'll be a United player next season - end of.
    PHB wrote: »
    Maybe he finally realised it after seeing Barca thump them? Real need 2 years of heavy work to deal with the problems in their squad imo if they ever want to challenge for the CL.
    Boggles wrote: »
    Doesn't look like that at all Michael.

That Guardian article cannot me read with a straight face.

I can understand why Non United fans would love to see Ronaldo leave the club, and in some ways I can understand why they fuel the weekly thread on it, but hope is a dangerous thing, and all the ABU's are serving is to tease themselves. It is as pointless as me starting a weekly Torres to Barcalona thread.

So you can knock yourselves out with these pointless discussions, at the end of the day yer only fooling yourselves. ;)

;)

Quint wrote: »
    We should have a thread for the united fans so they can say what they really thought of him
    I'm only being truthful here, he was sufferable when he was scoring goals every week but as a player he enscapulates all that is wrong in football, and I'm glad he is gone, even if it costs Utd a few points next year it's not the Utd way.
    Also I think the strop of his recent substitution when Utd were 3-0 up was one big stage managed event, giving him the reason to leave that he wanted, this deal was probably done ages ago.

LOL, in denial there.

Havent you read the audtors comments on the 'pools year end finances :confused:

I was taking the pi$$ about Utd bidding £60m as theres a zillion reasons why it wouldnt happenbut you can't tell me that the owners wouldnt seriously chew over a £60m offer for any of their players if it came from Real e.g.

I'm not saying that. I'm sure they would certainly accept a 60 million euro bid for Ryan Babel.

You said Steven Gerrard.

I say rubbish.

Ronaldo WANTS to move, that is why this is happening. It has been going on for ages, and was obviously wrapped up some time ago.

If Real Madrid out of nowhere just said, "We bid 60m for Steven Gerrard", I can absolutely 100% guarantee you that the bid would be refused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

If Real Madrid out of nowhere just said, "We bid 60m for Steven Gerrard", I can absolutely 100% guarantee you that the bid would be refused.

No,you cant.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    ;)

What that article said 75million so the obviously weren't that clued in on the deal.

Also the rest of my post was complaining about people calling for Ronaldo to be sold? I'm not happy he is being sold, and all the points I made still stand. The 80 million is useless unless it is invested correctly.

I was pissed off at fans calling for his head, just like I'm pissed off now at people thinking this is the end of United.

Support the fuckin club.

nedtheshed wrote: »
    No,you cant.

I just did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Thanks be to god he's gone. Would'nt sell them a virus :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

Ronaldo to Real Madrid, there is only one thing that can be done at a magical time like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

PHB wrote: »
    Ronaldo is worth 4/5ths of Newcastle football club.

Wait and see what Newcastle Utd are actually sold for - the £100m is Ashley's valuation, which I really doubt he manages to get.

In terms of squads, the only squads who cost more than £80m to assemble in the PL are Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Man City,Liverpool, Arsenal and Villa. All of the other squads in the PL cost less to assemble ( although Newcastle are probably the squad that comes closest to the £80m mark)

I wonder how much the Real Madrid squad will have cost to assemble by the end of the transfer window?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Ronaldo has not wanted to be there for almost a year now. He is a fantastic player, and a great talent. But a disruptive influence. Like Beckham, ince and Kanchelskis, Ferguson has seen fit to ditch him. Furthermore, 80 Million is wantonly stupid. However, I dont feels sorry for Real Madrid. They blatently tapped him up last summer, and had the gall to tell Man Utd, that they wouldnt break the bank for him. I think they wished to pay 35 Million at the time.

A great player is leaving the PL, but he is just too disruptive, and there are good enoguh players (Ribery etc) who are well capable of replacing him.

• Advertisement

Highsider wrote: »
    Thanks be to god he's gone. Would'nt sell them a virus :rolleyes:

Yeah but you didn't think we would get 50 million for him never mind 80.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Very disappointed tbh with this news. I suppose it means at least 3 new players or 2 new and Tevez but Ronaldo is such a loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,731 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Het-Field wrote: »

A great player is leaving the PL, but he is just too disruptive, and there are good enoguh players (Ribery etc) who are well capable of replacing him.

Openily cut his managers throat to the press on more than one occasion this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

la-liga will be unreal next season

real madrid v barca

Ronaldo v masch

epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'm only being truthful here, he was sufferable when he was scoring goals every week but as a player he enscapulates all that is wrong in football, and I'm glad he is gone, even if it costs Utd a few points next year it's not the Utd way.
    Also I think the strop of his recent substitution when Utd were 3-0 up was one big stage managed event, giving him the reason to leave that he wanted, this deal was probably done ages ago.

Oh no a talented player who doesn't pretend to care and what's to make as much money as someone as extraordinarily talented as he is can?

What the fcuk would you expect him to do? Loathesome as he is, he's the best player in teh world, with the possible exception of Messi. He's a phenomenal player and players will always have more power than the clubs.

I can't confess to liking him, but 'all that's wrong with football...' seriously, what do you want? Flat caps and heavy boots?

• Advertisement

real madrid v barca

Ronaldo v masch

epic

Not gunna happen. Benitez was pretty clear in his comments yesterday. Although regarding alonso he didnt seem as certain which is worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I just did.

:rolleyes:
    High horse much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Not gunna happen. Benitez was pretty clear in his comments yesterday. Although regarding alonso he didnt seem as certain which is worrying.

so thats one post to quote when masch goes to barca

he's agent wasnt so sure afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Did'nt realise Utd had signed a deal with Madrid to be their feeder club? Beckham,RVN,Ronaldo..who's next. Rooney?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I have never been impressed with Ronaldo when he plays for Portugal, so it will be interesting to see how he gets on wihtout United. i get the feeling he will suffer more than they do.

bloody good news for us, he always scores against pompey, usually absolute stunners as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Did'nt realise Utd had signed a deal with Madrid to be their feeder club? Beckham,RVN,Ronaldo..who's next. Rooney?

Rumour has it madrid are preparing a massive bid for John O'Shea would want to be more than they are willing to pay for ronaldo though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Liverpool and Steven Gerrard have nothing to do with this so please STFU.

moody_person.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

bloody good news for us, he always scores against pompey, usually absolute stunners as well.
    Everyone is celebrating!

It'll be interesting to see who Man Utd bring in to replace him. Valencia is more or less a dead cert, while others have reiterated they want to stay in their respective leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Must be sickening being beaten to the league title every year by a feeder club :rolleyes:

real madrid v barca
    Ronaldo v masch
    epic

Haha.. nice try.. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement