Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Car Parking Fees

• 11-06-2009 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

The daily rate for cark parking at Shannon Airport is 9.50 per day.

Dublin Airport has reduced its fee to 5.50 per day in response from competition from QUICK PARK, a private operator adjacent to Dublin Airport.

Shannon Airport has a monoploy on car parks at Shannon. We need to see competition at Shannon. Any ideas how we might put pressure on the Shannon Airport management to reduce its charges???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tyrekicker

9.50 a day at shannon is appalling, shower of f**k**s, I'm sick of this country and it's state monopolies.

Tailgate the car ahead of you is the only way....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

It's a scandelous fee for a long term carpark in the middle of nowhere. I have heard of a couple who walk through the car park entrance with their trollyfull of luggage when they return from their 2 weeks in Spain, collect the ticket that the machine spits out as it thinks it's a vehicle, and use that one to exit.
    When I heard that story first I said they were tight, but now with the high charges fair play to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,520 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dont mean to hijack this thread but maybe someone can help me out

ill be parking my car at shannon airport for the first time

my times are 14.00---23.45(same day)

so should i be parking in the Short Term Parking area ?

and what are the costs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Headshot wrote: »
    dont mean to hijack this thread but maybe someone can help me out

ill be parking my car at shannon airport for the first time

my times are 14.00---23.45(same day)

so should i be parking in the Short Term Parking area ?

and what are the costs ?

http://www.shannonairport.com/facilities/#carparkcharges

Going by the hours you have stated id definatly park in Long term car parking. €9.50 (long term) v's €14.00 (short term up to 12 hours).

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

what about this lads!!
    pulled up outside the airport collecting somebody about 2 months ago.
    was sittin there about 5 mins and an airport cop comes over and in a quite rude fashion told me that i was illegally parked and that I'd have to move.

I asked him where I could park to pick somebody up off a flight, he said I'd need to go around the ring road and park in the short term car park and that the first 20 mins are free. I said no bother, I'll do that so. Off I went.

Pulled into the short term car park, got a ticket, and decided to wait in the car for my friend to call or text and id drive out and collect them.
    The flight was just about landed so I decided I'd be grand, and probably be out of there in around 15 mins max.

So my friend rang, I drove up to the barrier after being in there 13 mins and it asked for 3 euro!!!! when i stuck the ticket in.
    So I had to reverse away from the barrier, the machine had swallowed the ticket, had to find a parking spot again and then walk into the terminal, tell my friend to wait while i sorted this out.
    I went down to information and they sent me to the car-parking enquiries office.
    Told the guy there what had happened, he said "there's no free parking here for anybody for one minute"
    I asked him why the rude airport cop had told me there was?
    He did the traditional public service shrug of the shoulders, "ive no idea"
    So, he printed off a replacement ticket for me, and asked for 3 euro for it, which i reluctantly handed over.
    Just as I turned to go, I turned back and asked him, how long have I got to get to the car now? and get out of the car park. "5 minutes" no other words, not, oh you've 5 minutes you'd better hurry" or "will 5 minutes be enough for you to find your passenger and get back to the car and get out of the car park after we've screwed you
    So I just said thanks for nothin you bol**cks, and walked away.
    Got my friend and got out of there.
    To be honest I drive a nice big 4 x 4 with a big bull bar on the front. If the thing had asked me for more money or not let me out the 2nd time I would have driven through it at that stage.
    I wonder how many poor fools like me have been told that by that pr*ck of a cop at the airport?????
    be warned!!!!!!!!!!!
    A Country Voice

• Advertisement
Advertisement