Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to eat in Tuam area

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 skylock

red bull wrote: »
    If its lunch you want its hard to beat the Palace Restaurant beside super valu

The currlea Court Hotel has improved a lot the food is good and well priced the Manager Gerry has done a great Job at improving the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

skylock wrote: »
    The currlea Court Hotel has improved a lot the food is good and well priced the Manager Gerry has done a great Job at improving the service.

+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

skylock wrote: »

Yes, it is well priced compared to lunch in the Ard Ri but it is very hit and miss, as I said earlier. Eat there fairly regularly and just find it a little inconsistant in terms of quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Tuamlad

You can't go wrong with a snackbox in supermacs for a fiver!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 skylock

yep

• Advertisement

Combo meal one and a can of coke from the chinese for €4.95.

Puts Supermac's to shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Mars Bar
    wheres the chinese

It's the Emperors Palace down High Street. Near Geoghegans Pub!
    We always get our take out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stevenmac06

Has anybody tried the cafe over Easons?

Wondering what its like for lunch?

Has anybody tried the cafe over Easons?

Wondering what its like for lunch?

They make great tea and I'm very particular about my tea.

I think it does quite well, I have only been in for food once but my sister goes there regularly for lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭holidayhere

Has the Indian over Geoghegans really closed? I got a takeaway there last weekend and all seemed as normal. Santoor is OK but the guys in Dhaska were so nice.
    There is a new Indian here now. It is called Palki -
    http://www.restaurants.ie/Town/Tuam/palki-indian-restaurant.html
    I have heard that the takeaways are excellent.
    They are also in Headford and Ballinrobe.
    A good Indian is lovely during the winter, but a bit how for summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Has the Indian over Geoghegans really closed? I got a takeaway there last weekend and all seemed as normal. Santoor is OK but the guys in Dhaska were so nice.

The indian over geoghgans is still open
    Gorgeous and really good value especially on sunday afternoons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 klubbinkarey

dec25532 wrote: »
    Ryan's Cafe in Tuam is a nice place to eat durimg lunch. U shoulld try it out.
    I love ryans i go there about 2-3 times a week the food is always good and the portions are very generous :)

I love ryans i go there about 2-3 times a week the food is always good and the portions are very generous :)

Jaysus Karey, talking about bringing a thread back from the grave! :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 klubbinkarey

mars bar wrote: »
    Jaysus Karey, talking about bringing a thread back from the grave! :D:p
    haha ya i know i was looking for something different to eat this evening nd i ended up on this post so i thought i'd add my tuppence :):):)

Was in Cre na Cille last weekend and found the prices for the mains pretty expensive in that most of them were around the €22 mark. One starter, two mains and a bottle of house red €82. That would certainly kill your enthusiasm for a few pints afterwards. Have to say, food was good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Was in Cre na Cille last weekend and found the prices for the mains pretty expensive in that most of them were around the €22 mark. One starter, two mains and a bottle of house red €82. That would certainly kill your enthusiasm for a few pints afterwards. Have to say, food was good though.

Jesus that was pricey....

You know you're always in for good food and huge portions in Cre na Cille....but still, can't imagine a starter would be any more than €7 max...

So your mains and the house wine must have been seriously expensive....!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Oliver_Ahern

The indian in tuam that is on the narrow toad (by the river) by Glynns hardware is amazing.. We love it , it tends to be quite, which I cant understand but I would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DaraghMAC

Basic_User wrote: »
    A great new restaurant just opened in Tuam called Pedro's cafe and grill. It opened up where cafe Florence used to be in the Tuam shopping centre.

The menu choices are fantastic, the meal we had there was top rate, and the prices are unbelievably low!

Give it a try.

Sorry I have to disagree! Big Menu alright, but the cooking is not good! Sorry!!:mad:

DaraghMAC wrote: »
    Sorry I have to disagree! Big Menu alright, but the cooking is not good! Sorry!!:mad:

WHAT?! It's wonderful! The chicken goujons are gorgeous!

Their soup isn't great though.

• Advertisement

Tuam has become a bit of a waste of space when it comes to eating out. Cre na cille is too expensive, the two so called italian restaurants have become somewhat boring, the bar menu in the ard ri doesn't change all that much and then there is supermacs!!! One wouldn't come to Tuam for a cuisine experience i'm afraid.

DaraghMAC wrote: »
    Care to elaborate as to why?

Tuam has become a bit of a waste of space when it comes to eating out. Cre na cille is too expensive, the two so called italian restaurants have become somewhat boring, the bar menu in the ard ri doesn't change all that much and then there is supermacs!!! One wouldn't come to Tuam for a cuisine experience i'm afraid.
    In my experience bar menus don't change in many bars in Ireland.

Palki on high street is very nice IMO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭My_left_leg

tuam?
    eating out?

surely this is either a mistake or a wind-up?

i once say a dog get sick in tuam only to have locals gather the offending mess for sunday dinner.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Mod Note:

My_left_leg - Uncivil posting will not be tolerated on the Galway County forum. Don't post on this thread again.

tuam?
    eating out?

i once say a dog get sick in tuam only to have locals gather the offending mess for sunday dinner.

This is a bit of a stupid comment but Tuam is definitely lacking good evening/night time restaurants. The two italians are mediocre at best and while I agree with amiable that Palki on High Street is grand but we cannot eat indian food every weekend. The hotels are okay but they are completely devoid of any atmosphere . . . the minute you are finished your food you want to be out of there. There has to be a market for fairly decent run of the mill food at a reasonable price and wine that doesnt cost a packet. Cre na Cille achieves some of these objectives but they are too damn expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

tuam?
    eating out?

My_left_leg......
    Posting just to wind people up seems to be a trend with you. Careful, you might start to understand what Boards is actually about...:eek:

My guess is the dog got sick at the sight of a Mayo bogger in town...:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

coup1917 wrote: »
    My_left_leg......
    Posting just to wind people up seems to be a trend with you. Careful, you might start to understand what Boards is actually about...:eek:

My guess is the dog got sick at the sight of a Mayo bogger in town...:D

Coup - there is also a rule against back seat modding.

Looking for a reaction out of someone who is thread banned is also not on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

so where exactly is the indian restaurants in tuam? if im comming from the galway road , dont know the town well so any landmarks nearby would help..

cant beat a nice indian meal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Santoor (Chapel Lane) is the best IMO.

Advertisement