Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traffic ticket - do they need to provide proof?

• 11-06-2009 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Got a traffic ticket from a year ago when I rented a car abroad.
    If I was caught by a camera, do they need to provide the photo? Or do I have to just take their word for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Check the T&C on your hire contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Ok, but the ticket is from the local council, not the rental company.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well as its a foreign country, it would be based on that unnamed countries laws if they have to prove it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

fjon wrote: »
    Ok, but the ticket is from the local council, not the rental company.
    The rental co must have named you to the authorities as the driver. As delly said, so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

A year seems a really long time for this to arrive.

• Advertisement

fjon wrote: »
    Got a traffic ticket from a year ago when I rented a car abroad.
    If I was caught by a camera, do they need to provide the photo? Or do I have to just take their word for it?

Unless you visit the country regularly Id say the bin is the best place for that ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

The unnamed country is Italy, and unfortunately I go there every year.
    It's almost a year to the day that I got the ticket - and we think we're bad in Ireland.
    I've emailed them and asked for a photo, but I guess I will have to cough up.
    They did provide a web address where I can supposedly see my photo, but it's not working.

Advertisement