Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit union and releiveing officer

Options
  • 11-06-2009 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

ok so ive been outta work the last 2 months during which i couldnt really pay much into my credit union . so my balance has gone into arrears of over 1000. my credit union sent me a letter saying that they will start law proceedings soon if i dont make a payment pretty soon. now someone was telling me i should go to the relieving officer in my local health centre and see what he can do until my claim does come through for my jobseekers benifit . anyone any advice as ive never been to to see the relieving officer before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

I think the trick here is to actually contact the credit union yourself. Explain your circumstances and try to arrange a managable payment structure. Most of the reason letters are sent threatening legal action is because they have had no reason for the missed payments. Anyone who is starting to miss payments on a loan with any financial institute should contact them immediately.

So basically. Relieve yourself rather than getting a relieving officer.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Have you spoken to the CU about this? At all?

If not, that should be your first port of call. You should have done it the minute you found yourself out of work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Credit

yes i have spoke to the credit union and that told me to pay off what i could each week until i got my social welfare, and i told them i had a little sum of money at home which wasnt much and that soon went after paying interest in my credit union everyweek and other things i had to pay .now i dont think they taught i would have been waiting over 8 weeks to get the social welfare.

Advertisement