Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The EU Outland thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

DRakE wrote: »
    Alliance are nubs Horde is beter

Horde's for kiddies and people who like easy mode:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Horde's for kiddies and people who like easy mode:P

and inflicting maximum ****ing violence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Please dont turn this thread into an Alliance vs. Horde players. It never ends well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

i'm down for the all irish guild but last time we tried that it failed? i'd follow sam anywhere though

I'm back from sweden and will be bursting balls to ding 80 by tonight, failing that ive all day 2moro

its going to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

bait taken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

Irish guild! awesome could be done once phils and jonny are back i suppose and when alan+cillian come back from that fagg0t server

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭incubus

lol cillian gone all f365 too?

Then again alot of the players are in decent guilds already from the looks of it.

It seems more viable that through the dudes channel that all irish 10 mans are created very easily, even 25mans.

I wouldnt put pressure on just creating an all irish guild, some people might be reluctant.

Sounds more viable to just do irish runs with guys online at the time.

Or even creating a quickie little irish raiding website that has updates on whats happening when, organise a night a week maybe or something.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Then again alot of the players are in decent guilds already from the looks of it.

my lidl pwny ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

incubus wrote: »
    lol cillian gone all f365 too?
    When I heard big names like jamo and caliden were also involved I was like yo this is will be good and will totally make lee jealous but tbh it's not all its cracked up to be....

think I'll be back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

When I heard big names like jamo and caliden were also involved I was like yo this is will be good and will totally make lee jealous but tbh it's not all its cracked up to be....

think I'll be back...

thats because you got to 6, spent all your money on ice cold milk and had none left over for skills you plonker.
    be less **** please.

Chromaggus is a nice change from all the elitist plonkers that seem to have infested outland either through server transfers or the plonkers that were always but are now in tier 8.

Plus its horde so I get to hear that awesome gnome death sound :D
    Also incubus/phil isnt on this server so thats another plus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DliveMike

If you're planning an Outland Irish guild, you can put my name down, Pretty much tearing into leveling, Rerolled Outland two weeks ago and currently have a lv60 Mage + Priest. So pass the charter round asap :D

My >Lock is dinging 80 tonight..

I ****ing swear

87416826.th.jpg

GERRUP OUTA IT YA BOWSIE DOC FINALLY DINGS THE BIG 80 YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

87416826.th.jpg

GERRUP OUTA IT YA BOWSIE DOC FINALLY DINGS THE BIG 80 YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I was there when this happened:cool:

Started eollecting a few heroics.

Thanks to the boys, especially Phil and Dar for dragging me through Naxx and heroics last night.

Got myself a bitching spell sword, sxy new trinket and a few other bits.

My dps was piss poor yesterday morning ranging around 800, I was unsure of the problem and was getting stressed, was getting booted from every group.

2nd half of naxx I was 2k most of the time and in the heroic runs we did was pushing 1.6-1.7k with ease.

I...am...loving it

And thats demonology spec that supposidly " ****e"

meta/ruin owns

Yeah my demo spec is coming along nicely. Getting great dps and overall damage output.

But lol, this might be for the toher thread, actually im going to put it into the group thread.

hopped onto outland there the last night, did voa10 and os10

dunno if it was cos ****ers were srsly geared or whatnot but it was so easy :(

• Advertisement

lol alan everyone knows alliance are better at pve, cant win bgs tho

lol alan everyone knows alliance are better at pve, cant win bgs tho

so ive noticed, although they arnt bad in AV and wintergrasp, then again who has ever not won an assaulting wintergrasp

Started eollecting a few heroics.

Thanks to the boys, especially Phil and Dar for dragging me through Naxx and heroics last night.

and big G like am i black or somthin

**** off you ran me through a gundrak get over yourself :P

Love ya babes :x

Now get yourself back online for some epic heroic/raid acytion, docs bringing the pain.

Unfortunately may cut my wow time down, I've found the joyous creation that is Arma II :D

I'm heading away to Greece for two weeks from Saturday morning so obviously I'll be inactive for fourteen days.

Return on the Saturday morning so will be online all day Sat and Sun looking for Naxx raids etc.

By the way when I come back I want to start levelling my alts in spare time, basically when there is no irish raids/instances, I want to work on alts.

I know that will probably take ages, but I find playing with the irish too good, fun and I learn a great deal, so I dont mind taking ages to gear up.

But if anyone has some alts they want to level with someone, I'll be available, I know Dar is probably going to play with me, but I've got 4 characters hanging round 60 that need to get up to 80 :)

I know Dar is probably going to play with me

nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Hmm this looks interesting, I might start up leveling a lock on outland :)
    Take it you guys are all playing on the alliance side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

horde ftw

but ye most seem to be ally

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think i might create a new character here as well. Getting bored of my current realm, as most people i know have left. Only question now is Mage or Priest.

• Advertisement

priest!
    sam wont group with you otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

Al'Akir is the best Europe server

ive been to a lot of them and i always go back to Al'Akir

Great PvP battlegroup, Massively populated with an equal balance of Horde and alliance (for those world pvp enthusiasts on your alts) and the userbase is actually quite accomplished (theres Ulduar PUGS [yes, pugs] getting up to Yogg afaik)

Theres a lot of high end raiding guilds to take your choice of and theres always people around for instances even if its the lower level ones or outland ones :D

I am Epeenor/Lettus/Latis if anyones on the server :D

priest!
    sam wont group with you otherwise

priest or different server m8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

87416826.th.jpg

Belated gratz :P

Rolled a priest on Outland today. Named Serrat. Will be on later to beg for stuff :P

/join dudes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

LOL @ the queue.

Position in queue, 6131.

AHAHAHAH

aaaaaagh my addons :(

O **** yeah, addons, best go sort that **** now

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Looking for a reason to start playing again, you all mind?

Alliance yea? Guild Name? Many Irish People?

Looking for a reason to start playing again, you all mind?

Alliance yea? Guild Name? Many Irish People?

Alliance, not really a guild, more jsut everyone in a channel, loadsa irish

?ui=2&ik=0205ba22fb&view=att&th=123069a5385499bb&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

In that screenshot you can see me winning some nice pvp legs from voa 25, received the pve hands from the first boss, but they changed it to group loot, for fears the instance would reset as the battleground was about to start, so after I down boss, got my badges, then HS'd to Dal, awaiting the item to come automatically into my bags if I won.

However nothing came, told after I needed to physically loot boss, never knew that, assumed group loot auto assigned. Have a gm ticket on the go hopefully something comes out of it

First of on the previous post, I was sent the leggings by the GM's ;)

Anyway onto pressing issues.

I was wondering would there be any requirement for an outland ireland specific forum, that maybe could muddle together the large irish contingent on the server.

Reason I'm asking is because there is definitely potential to put together ten man raids, and possibly 25 mans. Alot of the players are in guilds ( good ones at that) but some of us arnt and really cant get into any raiding guilds we like. For me personally I prefer raiding with the irish group because well they are jsut sound and very high skilled players.

I have hosting and can grab a nice domain name, and setup a phpbbforum in a couple of minutes.

Would there be any interest or would I be wasting my time?

The main benefit I see is being able to post up a possible ten man raid .

Example

Naxx10 Tuesday 10pm

Now people like me can go " Right I'm putting my name down for that and will get a raid"

People that are already in raiding guilds might go

" Hmm, my guild arnt raiding that night and I have an alt I want geared.

It also offers a service for people to arrange for alt boosting, levelling, gearing through instances. Aswell as requesting for materials for trades etc.

Its not much hassle to do, and i think it might be worthwhile. But I do not want to go ahead and do it, if its like not going to be used or a waste of time.

THoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Hey, I've quit WoW now but I think you'd be aswell to just make an "Outland EU Raids" thread on here rather than a full blown forum as it doesn't cost much but it's a lot for something you could accomplish otherwise via a thread or calendar event among friends ingame.

• Advertisement

I'd say a Thread would be sufficient as well, where you could edit the 1st post with the latest details of upcoming raids. I'm not on Outland (yet), but thats my opinion anyway.

On the matter of transferring, how's the PvP on Outland? Really sick of my Realm now, and will be transferring in the next few days i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Edit: misread doc's post

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd say a Thread would be sufficient as well, where you could edit the 1st post with the latest details of upcoming raids. I'm not on Outland (yet), but thats my opinion anyway.

On the matter of transferring, how's the PvP on Outland? Really sick of my Realm now, and will be transferring in the next few days i think.

I'm not mad into pvp, so I couldn't give you information on that.

The reason I was thinking about it, is that cluttering this board might not be the most clean and manageable idea.

Obviously being I can manage the forum, I can keep the forum clean, tidy and up to date.

I also realised most of the people who play on outland don't view or post on boards, so I might have to send in game mails.

The problem with an in game calender thing, is that can only be set through guils. The problem is getting around the current "word of mouth" scenario. Plenty of times when the honcho organises a raid, he has too few or too many, yet the next day you'll here people saying they could have come to play if they had of known.

A simple quick check on a forum you can quickly assess what your weeks wow schedule for raiding looks like. One single thread can get epic messy, since it will be one long thread, granted i can edit the first post, the second and third etc will be posts relating to an old raid.

Also alot of the guys do not want to have anything to do iwth boards, or are not arsed.

And also, nothing against boards of the mods, but we would have to adhere to mod rulings and charters. Alot of the lads can be down right disgusting ( hehe) or have a different type of banter that wouldn't be welcome on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Might transfer my Rogue over... lvl 71 and get to 80 on Outland seems like plenty of Irish ppl there to buzz off and lvl with.. does there be much queing in busy times?

Might transfer my Rogue over... lvl 71 and get to 80 on Outland seems like plenty of Irish ppl there to buzz off and lvl with.. does there be much queing in busy times?

I had my first Q last night in years of wow, lasted 4 minutes, probably cause of new voa boss or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement