Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peggle (for iPod Touch / iPhone) - just 79c on iTunes until midnight on June 14th

• 11-06-2009 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

Probably one of the most addictive games Popcap have ever released in my opinion..

At 79c... I can't stress how much of a bargain this is!

peggle-load-051309.jpg
    Buy it on iTunes
    Peggle is one of those essential casual games, like Tetris and Bejeweled, that every games system needs. At last, the iPhone has joined the happy fraternity of Peggle friendly platforms.

Peggle is most closely related to the age-old game of bagatelle, but that comparison doesn't really do PopCap's sensational casual/puzzle game justice. You are indeed bouncing a virtual ball around a screen full of pins, but the objective is quite different to bagatelle's.

In Peggle you're attempting to land the ball on the orange pegs and platforms arranged around the screen until you've turned them all blue in a game of luck and skill in equal measure. Simple, but devilishly tricky. This new iPhone adaptation of Peggle adds in quite a bit of functionality that's new to the franchise, including a new 'Extreme Precision' wheel to fine tune your shots; new off-the-wall, double long and eye of the pyramid shots; a trophy room to track your achievements and progress; and a duel mode for playing against friends.

Peggle for the iPhone comes with 55 levels (and we can undoubtedly expect more through upgrades) and 40 grand master challenges in which you can use 10 different magic powers to help you get that ball into those hard to reach places.

Peggle's live on the App Store now, so head on over to check it out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

This game is unreal! Unbelievably addictive!! If have to on my Laptop and my 360. If you own an iPod Touch/iPhone you'd be mad to pass this one up!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,833 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I do have Peggle already, but portable PopCap for under a euro? *clicks buy button*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Thanks basquille, will def. look to grab it at that price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I discovered peggle as an add-on for World of Warcraft and spend more time playing it in game than playing wow.

I remeber checking the app store on my iphone and it was 3.99 or more so definitely a bargain !

davenewt wrote: »
    Thanks basquille, will def. look to grab it at that price!

picked it up last night there. quality. only played the first few levels but can see it could be mightily addictive! thx again basq!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Sold! I'm just after posting this on the apple devices forum, hadn't seen it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

This post has been deleted.

Me too but everyone seems to be raving about it.

For 79c why not...Dr Pepper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Have it on the PC and also on the itouch. Its a steal at less then a euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Edited: Nevermind, I'm incapable of pressing buttons correctly.

• Advertisement

u downloaded with itunes? then it installs when you sync your touch, no fuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Thanks OP.
    I have it on PC, but at that price for a pretty complete package there's not much reason not to have it to carry around. There's something profoundly gleeful about seeing miniaturized pegs. I esspecially appreciate the left hand mode that makes it easier for me to use my dominant hand by switches the site the aiming/firing controls are on.

It takes a while to get the hang of the best ways to aim and when to zoom in. The absence of the music that's been chiseled into my brain by this point is slightly jarring, though. And yes, I know I can play my iPod music during the game and I could find some way to rip the PC version's music to mp3, but c'mon.

May I clamber onto my soapbox for a second and say if people enjoy Peggle they should look into Plants vs. Zombies another, more fantastic, Pop Cap game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

It's trying to take €1.98 from my 3v card (€1.50 balance). I wonder is the difference refunded or somethin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Only 10 mins left!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

best iphone game ever :D

Advertisement