Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I am going to attempt to make

Options
  • 11-06-2009 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

a marshmallow rice crispy and a mars bar rice crispy giant cake for my boyfriends birthday cake.
    Ok not giant, but a big tiered one :D

What is so difficult and amazing about making rice crispy cakes I hear you ask?

Well let's just say I am not quite the domestic godess and last time I tried to make crispy cakes, I burned 3 bars of chocolate before I gave up!!

Wish me luck :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

god speed, i like marshmallow crispy cakes mmmmmmm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Good luck :)

Don't forget to post a photo for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Heat it in a baine marie, i.e. a bowl sitting on top of a pot of boiling water, so it can never go above 100C and so the chocolate melts nicely and can never burn.

1.stories.Chocolate%20salami.webPhoto%205.jpg
    Bain-marie.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

rubadub wrote: »
    Heat it in a baine marie, i.e. a bowl sitting on top of a pot of boiling water, so it can never go above 100C and so the chocolate melts nicely and can never burn.

1.stories.Chocolate%20salami.webPhoto%205.jpg
    Bain-marie.JPG

this is the best way but dont let the water touch the bowl all you want is steam, and take your time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

Feck! I used pink and white marshmallows and the mix has turned pink. A pink cake for a 37 year old man :(

Thanks Rubadub, I'm going to start melting the choc soon so I'll use that method. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,053 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

YT wrote: »
    Feck! I used pink and white marshmallows and the mix has turned pink. A pink cake for a 37 year old man :(

Thanks Rubadub, I'm going to start melting the choc soon so I'll use that method. Thank you.

A marshmallow and mars bar rice crispy cake for a 37 YO man - irrespective of the colour????:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Are you just making marshmallow krispie cakes, or chocolate marshmallow? Because the chocolate will cover the pink colour if it's the latter.

Mmm, rice krispy cakes. My advice is to use way more chocolate than is typical. You want a good thick coating of chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

A marshmallow and mars bar rice crispy cake for a 37 YO man - irrespective of the colour????:eek:
    Ha! He doesn't like sponge cake, and I can't make black forest gateuau, and I know he likes rice crispy cakes!
    Faith wrote: »
    Are you just making marshmallow krispie cakes, or chocolate marshmallow? Because the chocolate will cover the pink colour if it's the latter.

Mmm, rice krispy cakes. My advice is to use way more chocolate than is typical. You want a good thick coating of chocolate.

Well two tiers are marshmallow and the top tier is mars bar, then I was going to drizzle chocolate all over.

Advertisement