Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the chopping block

Options
  • 11-06-2009 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

jimi--pic_822659a.jpg

According to the Sun, take with a pinch of salt but there'll be a clear out all the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hehe so a full squad gone? Great drama by the Sun. Mind you, I can see maybe 4 players that I would think will definitely be here next year - Jenas, Bale, O'Hara, Pav, maybe Thudd?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

o'hara, pav and bale will stay dos santos is ment to be going on loan to espanyol but they wouldn't let bale go in january don't see why they would now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm caught in two minds about this,

A part of me wouldn't mind seeing the back of the lot of them and harry bring in the team he wants of course that means 1 maybe two years of building,

I guess in truth I can see at most six going with Hudd, Pav, Bent, Bale and Zok all out the door if i'm honest. He's obviously in the market for a new CM so that could spell the end for Jenas and if the talk of Van Nisterooy is true then More will hae togo to balance the wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

can't see us being able to get rid of pav and bentley unless for a massive loss but id keep both. Pav has been hit and miss but its his first season in english football. Just look at drogbas first season. O' Hara i'd send out on load. Get rid of either gunter or chimps or both. with palacios theres no place for zokora anymre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

neilisagam wrote: »
    O' Hara i'd send out on load.

We'll achieve nothing by that other than getting another club to pay his wages. he's not going to become a better player with more first team football, he is a limited footballer who is a good squad option, that won't change with 6 months at Wolves.

We should either accept that he's there to make up the numbers or jog him on.

And I say that as somebody who has a lot of time for the guy.

• Advertisement

Wel do you think that he can cut it as a spurs player? I really like the guy.....gives 100% every game. Maybe its cos i like him its hard to say to let him go....but I think that he tries and thats the main thing.....others seem like they don't give a ****

neilisagam wrote: »
    Wel do you think that he can cut it as a spurs player? I really like the guy.....gives 100% every game. Maybe its cos i like him its hard to say to let him go....but I think that he tries and thats the main thing.....others seem like they don't give a ****

I like him, I really do, and as an option off the bench we could do worse, but I do not see a place for him in our starting XI. Ultimately, he will never be more than that.

When he comes off the bench he gives an energy.....maybe thats all we need/want him for. I'd hate to see him go thats my opinion anyway.

I do see your point mate, and its his energy that endears him to me, cos there's nothing I hate more than a player who can't be arsed.

I just think one has to be careful not to confuse that energy with a positive contribution on the pitch...the lack of effort from some of our players has been astounding over the years, but I'm careful not to grab at the first example of work rate and assume that the player is better than he is...

Incidentally, I said something similar after I saw Palacios against Arsenal in February...I wondered was he that good, or were we just used to sh1te week in week out and so we had a poor standard to judge him by...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

I am getting fed up with all these clear outs....Everybone wants new players and to get rid of the old ones(they must have been good enough when we brought them).

I say make the ones that are there EARN their money and the right to wear the Spurs Colours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement