Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggested changes/ additions to attached build

Options
  • 11-06-2009 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I think my Dell 8300 is due an upgrade so I'm going to buy the parts and assemble as best I can (any problems and I'll head down to my local PC store). I've attached a list of the parts I've selected. Any additions/ alternatives required?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Well the question is what do you want to do with your new pc?

Any particular software or games?
    And if there are games, what resolution screen will you be playing them on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Well I guess I want to have the option for PC games (the new Stars of the Old Repulic for example) but I would imagine that most gaming will be still done on my 360 & PS3.

Monitor wise I'll probably pick up a 1900x1080.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I'd probably go for a lower powered PSU, 650W will be overkill for that setup

Probably buy a cooler for your CPU and clock it as most C2Ds were good clockers (if you want to go down that path of course)

It might be a good idea to go with PC8500 Ram as well if you are clocking.

Finally, since you are getting 4GB of Ram make sure you have a 64-bit OS.

Advertisement