Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Work

• 11-06-2009 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi board,
    Looking for some help and thought here would be a good place to start.

Im looking for some summer work in and around the city and was wondering if anybody knew of any jobs going. Anything considered from handing out fliers, working in a shop or mowing a lawn. Can travel and work anywhere in the city.

Im a 17 year old hard working honest male with some experience or working in a supermarket and department store. Can forward a full cv.

Thanks in advance,
    patrick

ps sorry mods if this is in the wrong place but i wasnt too sure where to put it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Looking for some help and thought here would be a good place to start.

Surely the best place to start would be in the shops/hotels that you want to get a job in? That way it doesn't look like you're trying to find a quick job on the internet without doing any groundwork.

Anyway, the Woodlands are the only place I know of off-hand that are looking for staff, you'd be confined to Functions/Banqueting there though. I'd hand in a CV fairly pronto though because I know of people who have years of experience who are considering going back there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Unfortunately you'll find it very hard to find temporary work over the course of the summer unless you know people :(

I'd say to check McDonalds and Burger King - as much as it's not somewhere you'd fancy spending 3 months of your life, it's much better than nothing. And they're normally hiring around this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭paddypender

Surely the best place to start would be in the shops/hotels that you want to get a job in? That way it doesn't look like you're trying to find a quick job on the internet without doing any groundwork.

I know this but just incase anyboby knew of any jobs on here it would be of some help. I do ontend on getting cracking with the cvs but just thought id ask here for some tips first. But thanks for the advice its much appreciated.

Paddy

Advertisement