Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Studies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭decster

if site safety comes up you will be sorted. planning permission and design questions are dead handy and are really just common sense, you should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ah not to sure about that , my teach rung athlone and they said they will accept both but there will be deductions for the older drawings or something , it might be my teacher being a complete retard so take it with a pich of salt

he said that they have to use the new drawings as it is now law , and the Sec cant be seen accepting something that is not accepted under state law ....he said thats what he was told by athlone any way , he was very serious about it.

my teacher told us that we did not have to worry about the new measurements because to relearn them would be confusing after we had learned them all in fifth year and we herd about this mid 6th. im not doin new ones anyway. ill complain and kick up a fuss if anything stupid is done by the department.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

awhir wrote: »
    but there will be deductions for the older drawings or something , it might be my teacher being a complete retard so take it with a pich of salt.

oh god :eek:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Over the last couple of days I have seen at least 3 different measurements for the rafters..

Q1 better be a lean to roof or a pitch, im not fussy. I would be very happy with the threshold aswell, tis a grand Q!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

What % is todays test worth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

What % is todays test worth?

50%

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

Sound thanks...

that test went unbelievable. i am pretty certain i got my A1 that i need.
    how did everyone find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

wasnt too bad! was expecting something about site safety or whellchair accessability but nothing came up on it! had to do the second drawing question, bluffed the environmental house questiom, happy to get a B id say!

• Advertisement

It was a very 'enviornmentally friendly' paper and them stupid new 350mm wall regulations ,, Bit bummed site saftey didnt come yp :( but im happy with the drawings they were p*ss handy like question 1 a suspended timber floor come on like ....but overall not a bad paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

:(just realised I made a balls of my foundation in question 1 them and their 350 mm wall I did a old 900 x 300 strip under it!¬!

nyway that didnt go well for me alot of the questions were that Discuss! type like question 10's,,,,,,I perfer straight practicle questions not that enviorment crap

anyways im think im going to knock energy engineering off my CAO im so pissed off with the enviorment cant see my self erecting windturbines after that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭croker1

happy enough with it! question 1 was savage!! roofs question was ok. u-value was good i hope i didn make a stupid mistake tho!!!
    overall im happy out!!
    no site safety tho f****rs!!

for the U-VALUE heat lost cost lads,

For the new house did ye get 55 euro and something cent

and the 1970's house 5 hundred and sumthing euro?

yeah i got like 54.something and 5hundred and something.

decster wrote: »
    yeah i got like 54.something and 5hundred and something.

EPIC:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Huskey27

i think i got 58 summin and 5hundred and summin as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

-Kenny- wrote: »
    for the U-VALUE heat lost cost lads,

For the new house did ye get 55 euro and something cent

and the 1970's house 5 hundred and sumthing euro?

yup thats what i got aswell! i think it could be wrong tho because i never actually used 1000watts-1kJ per second information! but maybe it could be :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

dam i got 173 for the old house

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

What size foundation was needed for Q1? I did 900x300 but is that right? Does it matter as long as the ratio is good?

I didn't do any study for that test but I did OK, I was expecting to get the U-value question out and go home but there were some nice qs on there (I did 1,4,5,6,8)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Damien671

^^^^^^^ Think it should be 1050 by 350
    No site safety and I was ready for some sound insulation but ok other than that did anybody have difficulty fitting in the second drawin q ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

I did the second drawing q on the roof,in my answer book.Is that alright or should i have done it on a3 sheet.The scale was only 1:10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    I did the second drawing q on the roof,in my answer book.Is that alright or should i have done it on a3 sheet.The scale was only 1:10.
    you'll lose a haaappe of marks for that!

mink_man wrote: »
    you'll lose a haaappe of marks for that!

Are you serious?Will I get any marks at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Are you serious?Will I get any marks at all?

maybe 10 or 14?

Yea the scale was 1 :10 not sketch it any size

Did anybody have trouble fitting it on their sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

I found it difficult to fit into an A2 sheet because the roof pitch was so steep I had to place the central load bearing wall much closer to the external wall than the 3.5m specified in the question

almostover wrote: »
    I found it difficult to fit into an A2 sheet because the roof pitch was so steep I had to place the central load bearing wall much closer to the external wall than the 3.5m specified in the question

What????A scale of 1:10 fits on a a4 page nah????

3.5 metres half the house width divided by 10 is 35cm that will not fit on an A4 page
    so i don't know what you did but you didnt scale it properly id say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 thegibbo

Anyone know where to get the drawings online???

Advertisement