Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live System will be Down 16-06-2009

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

amacachi wrote: »
    Anyone know exactly what this maintenance is?

I heard it's just to lay some ground work for the facebook and twitter intergration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

People crying because Live will be down for 1 day ?? Speculation and rumours rife ?!!

FFS....get a life will yous ! Its gonna be lovely weather tomorrow, maybe instead of hibernating inside...go out and enjoy the weather, get a few cans of bulmers or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

SeantheMan wrote: »
    FFS....get a life will yous ! Its gonna be lovely weather tomorrow, maybe instead of hibernating inside...go out and enjoy the weather, get a few cans of bulmers or something.

Well thats just fantastic then! Its píssing rain outside today and have no xbox live and it will be back tomorrow when its lovely weather. Its my day off today as well. :mad: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kevburgundy

Lad’s you wouldn’t understand the stress I have been under the last 2 hour’s!!! I got no such email from Microsoft and iv been trying to log on all afternoon all I was getting was stupid “mtu” warnings which is dung as I played it last night and I thought eircom had ****ed up my connection!!!roll on tomorrow!
    I wounder will we be reimbursed our day membership??? I highly doubt so!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

[/FONT]
    Yeah, that's 7c I'll never get back! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Lad’s you wouldn’t understand the stress I have been under the last 2 hour’s!!! I got no such email from Microsoft and iv been trying to log on all afternoon all I was getting was stupid “mtu” warnings which is dung as I played it last night and I thought eircom had ****ed up my connection!!!roll on tomorrow!

I didn't get an email, just a message on the XBox. Also there's no need to shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jomz27

all what im doin today is playing online with my ps3 buddies atm while xbox live is down... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

basquille wrote: »
    Christ almighty, it's 1 day out of 365!

Get over it - even if you paid €60 for your Xbox Live sub for a year, it's 16c a day!
    CiaranC wrote: »
    If you want to be a smartarse about it, its 16c x ~6 million or around €960,000

Have to agree with CiaranC here, if I paid €960,000 for my xbox live sub I'd be pissed off too, happily I got mine on ebay for 40 quid so I'm ok with it.
    I'd check ebay next time round Ciaran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

wtf, a 24 hour outage on a paid service, thats unreal

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm sure if you ring up MS, they refund you 6 or 16 cent per day. Bush the boat out, ask for 20 cent while your at it.

Otherwise, you could go hang out with friends, do some work, go to watch a film, or hell, you could even go voice your outrage on the interwebs. Oh. wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Jesus better not criticise microsofts engineering department in here again, the fanboys will lose it altogether

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Lads can we do as Grumpy said and cool it. It will be back up in just over 12 hours, go read a book or something. Life does exist outside of Xbox Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I agree, ye need to chillax a little more. Its not like they left you high and dry. There has been a message on the website about this for the last week. They sent you a message on XBL 2 to 3 days ago. If you weren't online in that timespan, you are obviously not playing enough to warrant complaint. Further more, they sent an email out last week. If this came to you unexpectedly, its your own fault.
    XBL live goes down for about two days each year, its common knowledge. Grow a pair and deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeh because he didn't understand the first person to tell him to "chill". He clearly needed the five other people to post saying the same thing.

Guys jumping all over him repeatedly might be a staple of the intarwebs but I think he gets it by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Really should have looked here first i spent the last 2 hours trying to set up an xbox to my new eircom connection sat here trying to google MTU settings :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Lol i doubt you're the only one who didn't realise this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What do you mean they arent getting paid?

And this is not the first period of downtime supposedly designed to prevent the need for further downtime for routine maintenance.

I can imagine telling my customers that we are taking their services offline for 24 hours to work on them, they'd be delighted. Actually theyd tell me to cop on to myself

Surely 1 period of 24hr downtime is better than random hours every few weeks or so?

and its one day, relax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

How stupid am i trying for ages wondering why i couldnt connect all of a sudden...and i started the fecking thread:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Is it still down then, it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Looks to be back up, and a new look live.XBox.com to boot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

While i've no problems with downtime for maintenance, it probably would have been a good idea to have a notice when logging into the machine saying that there was a downtime.

Didnt effect me at all though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Yeah even though i read this thread i sat down with one of the first days in a few weeks to play on live and tried at least 3 times to connect and trying the usual jiggery pokery to get it workin again :o
    Kiith wrote: »
    While i've no problems with downtime for maintenance, it probably would have been a good idea to have a notice when logging into the machine saying that there was a downtime.

Didnt effect me at all though.

I dunno bout you but on the 3rd attempt i got a message saying bout the downtime hence not trying a fourth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

I can live with one, two, three or how ever long the down time is, so long as my supscription is extended by that amount of days to make up for the day or so of service that they didn't provide, saying that I don't see them doing this.

Looks to be back up, and a new look live.XBox.com to boot.

I prefer the old xbox.com tbh

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

yeah new look is ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

New Xbox.com is hideous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Agreed.
    I don't need to see the full avatar of my last three friends online.
    Thd old list option was better.
    Agh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Aye, I'm not mad on the new xbox.com at all.

Jesus better not criticise microsofts engineering department in here again, the fanboys will lose it altogether

If you don't mind a 1%, or less, downtime per year, you're a "fanboy". ;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I logged back online there for a second look.
    On a second though I might get used to it...

• Advertisement

It would be nice if we could have the option to switch back and use which ever you prefer.

Advertisement