Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland/Europe tattoo prices

Options
  • 11-06-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have an idea for a tattoo that I really want, it's a portrait of my late brother on my leg, but it's looking at costing like €150+, would I be right? Wondering if anyone knows how much cheaper it would be in Europe, as I'll be travelling this summer, or would it be too much hassle healing wise? If you havn't guessed I'm a first timer, but my OH has a few so she's advising me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

Thats a reasonable if not cheap price imo. Its a bad idea to go bargain shopping for tattoo's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

paddyb125 wrote: »
    Thats a reasonable if not cheap price imo. Its a bad idea to go bargain shopping for tattoo's!

+1, especially if it's a tattoo with such meaning and emotion affiliated with it. (And it's on you forever).

Get it done professionally and be sure to take a look at an artists portfolio first!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Hi, I have an idea for a tattoo that I really want, it's a portrait of my late brother on my leg, but it's looking at costing like €150+, would I be right? Wondering if anyone knows how much cheaper it would be in Europe, as I'll be travelling this summer, or would it be too much hassle healing wise? If you havn't guessed I'm a first timer, but my OH has a few so she's advising me.

€150 total or per hour? If its €150 total thats very cheap but cheapness is certainly no reason to get any tattoo. A portrait tattoo would most likely take 2 - 4 hours to complete, go for the artist thats the best you can get to and one that has a portfolio of very well done portraits already. As for travelling with the tattoo, to me it would depend what type of travelling you're doing. Personally speaking if I'm staying in hotels I've no prob with getting tattooed and travelling about, though if I was backpacking I'd leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Yea that's true...suppose I should just save up!

Advertisement