Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera Phone Photo

• 11-06-2009 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,542 ✭✭✭✭

What tricks can I employ to make a camera phone photo printable? I know I'm probably pissing against the wind here, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

It was taken on a 2 megapixel camera, and the size is 1600x1200. Its grainy enough at 1:1, but if I zoom out to 1:4, it looks pretty OK.

I tried printing as is, and it looked awful.

I have photoshop at my disposal, but I'm by no means an expert. Is there a combination of filters and effects that might make the photo usable?

Its a family photo, so I'd rather not post it up here.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

noise ninja has turned some of my camera phone pics into reasonable enough ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

In Photoshop (CS3) try the Filter>Blur>(last option) (ie. I can't remember its name). You have 2 sliders, start off at low values and then increase to see if this improves it, it has a preview window so you can see the difference. What size were you looking at printing ? I'd imagine anything over 6*4 or 7*5 would be terrible anyway for a 2MP image. Also what DPI value has it, if its low (say 72 or 96) then try increasing this to 300 in Photoshop (Edit>Image>Resize) (Note: I don't have Photoshop to hand so I'm winging the menu titles!!)

Advertisement