Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is YOUR Leaving Cert going?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

History (H) - Really didn't look forward to this one, dreaded it! But turned out "ok" and I want a C in it so I'd say I'm fine as grades go!

Biology (H)
    - Wasn't in great form after History but it went alright, again want a C so pewpew

German (H) - This is tomorrow, looking forward to it as it may go very well but a little part of me suggests it might go badly if the topics on the compositions are dodgy

Geography (H)
    - Felt this went really well. I'd say I got a B or an A in this, here's hoping :) Actually enjoyed doing this one.

English (H)
    - Went pretty well and I felt I did well in Paper 2 which is my worse paper of the two, hoping for a B or an A here, too.

Irish (O)
    - Was a total joke tbh :P So glad I dropped down, the reward for slogging in Honours isn't worth it when I'm not after 500+ points.

Maths (O)
    - I suck at Maths, it's my worst subject. However I put in a decent bit of work prior to exams and studied my formulae and hopefully got a D which is all I want, although I only want it for my own sense of achievement since I don't need to have passed it come August!

Overall been a tiring but pretty exciting fortnight; so glad I'm finished tomorrow though, going for dinner then out for the night <:

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

English(H) - went quite well I think. Hoping for a high C/B3 but ran out of time a bit towards the end of my poetry question.

Maths(O) - happy how it went, and I passed in the mocks, so to be honest not really bothered. Just gotta pass it anyway. But reckon it will be a C2/1

Irish(H) - hoping for a C of any kind, preferably a high one, and I was delighted with my oral so hopefully all goes to plan :P

Biology(H) - Went ok I think. Some odd questions I want a C in this, hopefully C1 at least

Art History(H) - Soo upset about this paper. Our tool of a teacher didn't even cover a quarter of the topics so our whole class is furious. I want a B but I'm guessing will be a C1ish after that paper.

German(H) - Ah not a bad paper, and my oral went great! Listening started east got a bit harder but happy all the same! :D

still have music to do :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 xprincessashx

Basically going pretty horribly.
    C's mainly by the looks of it...even though I am capable of better I just didn't study...
    One left, Spanish.
    Bio or Business will probably be my best by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

maths (h) C...wasn't great
    French (h) ...low B...happy enough
    English (o) ....B
    Home ec (h) ...A/high B
    business (h) ..A/highB

not good so far...

accounting...(h)
    applied maths(h)
    ag ec ..........(h)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

maths(O)c2 i hope!
    irish(O) b1 did great on tape and written but ****ed up the oral
    geography(H) A2
    Biology(H) A1
    English(H) c2 im prayin for that
    german(H) hopefully a B2 will have to see tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

All higher

English; Paper 2 was deadly, paper 1 not so good. A2/B1 hopefully!
    Irish; Couldnt care less, just kinda want a c3 for the sake of it, didnt do work in it for weeks before the exam, should get a c3.
    Maths; Went well, i think, a1 hopefully
    French; Suprisingly well, but everyone thought that! A1/A2/B1 hopefully
    DCG; Looking forward to it!
    Physics; Should be alright indeed; god damm hate writing experiments up though!
    Applied Maths; Loads of study time, hopefully will go well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

im pretty happy

all higher

GEOG - A1 i think
    ENG - B1 pretty certain
    Maths - Bit dissapinted def B1 maybe A2 (wanted A1)
    Art - A2 i think
    Physics - going to fail
    Ap maths - hapefully a nice A
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

So far not too bad, but honestly I hoped to destroy some tests which I didn't!

English-overall okay but with it being a lottery who knows-hoping A2/B1

Geog-:mad:Curse the examiner who set that! Was looking A1 with the amount of work I did but alas exam went against me-prob mid to high B

Maths(O)-Paper 2 DEAR GOD! it cost me Commerce at least, stupid B3 or better requirement!

History-pretty good! Maybe A if examiner is kind

Irish(O)-insult to your intelligence

Of course, have to expect the worst come August so I don't get any nasty surprises!:)

Anyone so far felt they surpassed or regressed in expected points so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

TBH, I'm probably going to come out with lower points than I did last year.
    FML.

As long as I get an A in Irish (H) I'll be somewhat happy.
    Messed up Maths, totally. Wanted an A, won't be getting one. Not a chance. B of some description I'd say...

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

English (H):Alright
    Maths (H):Alright
    Irish (O):Bad
    Geography(H):Good
    Business (H):Good
    French (O):Good

Still to go: Tech Graph
    Physics

Finished on Monday:cool:

• Advertisement

bythewoods wrote: »
    TBH, I'm probably going to come out with lower points than I did last year.
    FML.

As long as I get an A in Irish (H) I'll be somewhat happy.
    Messed up Maths, totally. Wanted an A, won't be getting one. Not a chance. B of some description I'd say...

ahhhh sounds like my worst nightmare, thats what i was terrified of repeating

i really hope its not as bad as you think !!!!!

ahhhh sounds like my worst nightmare, thats what i was terrified of repeating

i really hope its not as bad as you think !!!!!

Ah, I dunno. I thought this last year too tbh- that I'd done rather ****- and yet managed to actually get up in the mid-500s.

Just such stress trying to actually.. beat that.

If worst comes to worst, I'll just do Pharmacy next year. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Ah, I dunno. I thought this last year too tbh- that I'd done rather ****- and yet managed to actually get up in the mid-500s.

What coarse do you want do do preferably?

im guessing your going for medicine then really hope you get whatever you want

im the same did pretty well last year it only makes the stress more

i definitley was not this stressed last year!

Hoping for medicine.

Actually, I've found I'm so totally un-stressed this year it hurts.
    I wish I was stressed... would have make me work harder.
    Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Its gone great to be honest. I've had a crazy run of luck though, the first english paper didnt have my question but the second did, the one proof I studied in HL Maths came up (and no others) and I could answer one of the history essays simply because by coincidence I had been reading a book on that very subject. Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

English(H): happy with it
    Maths(H): should get the honour touch wood.
    Business(H): grand
    Biology(H): should have done better but cant complain.
    French(H): happy
    Irish(O): dont care what i get
    Accountin(H): we'll see..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Maths: Was alright, could have gone better.
    Irish: Excellent
    English: Very very well
    Biology: Excellent
    Art: Great
    Geography: Not too bad
    German: is tomorrow. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

Decent, although I must be the only person in the country still with 4 exams left.

BLARG wrote: »
    Decent, although I must be the only person in the country still with 4 exams left.

You're not alone. It's a pain in the arse really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

English- good, hard to tell tho
    Maths- meh, maybe good?
    Irish- Bitta rape goin on there, first exam I ever enjoyed
    Engineering- studied, paid off
    Biology- Section A was weak, rest was run of the mill

all honours btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

its kinda like a holiday

this is a quote from a guy who sits behind me in the exams on mon. mornin. i was laughin the whole way through irish 1 at it!!
    quote of the leavin??????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

If this is a holiday it must be going to brazil..

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

DCG was so awesome compared to what I thought it would be! and German was great too....:)

One left!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

People shouldn't count their eggs before their hatched and plus I have read threads with crazies who got 575 or something and repeated, These boards are littered with the noseinthebookpeople!!! hoping for 450 and thats all I'll say hmmph!

People shouldn't count their eggs before their hatched and plus I have read threads with crazies who got 575 or something and repeated, These boards are littered with the noseinthebookpeople!!! hoping for 450 and thats all I'll say hmmph!

i got pretty high points and still repeated its not about the points its about getting the course you want

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭notGill

English (H): B hopefully after paper 2.
    Maths (H):
    D
    3 if I am lucky :(
    Geography (H):
    A2
    Irish (O): Not a real subject....C
    Business (H): A2 that was a great paper.
    German (H):
    B1 after the oral, paper went grand.
    Accounting (H):
    ?
    Music (H):
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kirt

Going well so far only one left..

English (H): Paper one went well, P2 went well too. Hard to know. Hopefully B1/A2

Irish (H): Hated this class with a passion always wanted to drop but wasn't allowed didn't study and didn't know ANY STAIR NA GAEILGE the sneaks so any C would be nice. (I learned off culu eacnamaiochta essay so that will bring me up)

Maths (H): Paper one AMAZING. paper two DISASTER. C1/C2/C3?

French (H): The first french exam i've ever studied for.I don't have a clue, maybe B1/B2

History (H): Went well, although none of my favourites came up. Going for the A1, wrote about 6 1/2 pages per essay and a good Doc. Q so hopefully A2/A1.

Biology (H): WHO KNOWS. Did every question to be sure. Section was a bit challenging and some of the Section C Q's were too, but i did every question so i'm sure i did well in at least three if not four. A2?

And Classical Studies on Wednesday, ooh.. I predict somewhere around B1/A2. We'll see how the paper goes..

I need over 500 points for any of the courses that i want, hopefully i got enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Not too bad I suppose

English (H) - Did grand in both papers - C2
    Irish (O) - Meh B probably
    Maths (O) - B probably too
    Biology (H) - Hopefully B2 - A2
    Geography (H) - B2 - A2
    French (H) - I don't know.... I think I did good in the listening, alright in the oral, average in the written..... better be a C3 atleast :(
    Physics (H) - A D and I'll be hapy.....but if I don't get a C in French...it'll have to be a C in this :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

mmmmmm....I think they went ok so far. One left! (Japanese)

English: (H) Overall I made some interesting points and sounded like I knew what I was saying. Loved the Bishop question. However, my language mark (in PCLM) is not going to be great - and that's usually my strong point. Wanted the A1 but have a feeling I'll be lucky to get the A2.

Maths: (O) I PASSED *fingers crossed*

Irish: (F) Ha hahahahahahahaha!

French: (O) I SO should have done the Higher paper but I was too lazy to do the copius amounts of homework! A2

History: (H) A heart breaker - (the paper was grand I just messed up) I wanted an A1 I don't even know if I managed a C!!:(

Business: (H) Considering I haven't studied any of this since 1st yr a B is AOK by me:cool:

Art: (H) Was aiming for an A and my practical was fine and the paper was lovely but I was just so tired by the end of the week I was falling asleep in the exam @_@ I'm thinking a B1

Overall I guess I'm happy :3

Advertisement