Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long overdue update!

Options
  • 11-06-2009 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I hav'nt posted in a while but I am still running!Started running over two years ago and did last yrs mini marathon in 68 mins and this yrs in 66 mins.Have also done a number of 5k races in between.I have always broken 30 mins in those races with a pb in the last one of 27 minsI see in a previous post I said my aim was never to come last - well I did come last in a 5k!There were about 50 in it mainly men!I suppose somebody has to come last!!Anyway I'm afraid the training has gone a bit by the wayside these last few months(and weight has gone up a bit) but I'm all motivated again - roll on the Raheny 5k!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

Sounds good - keep up the good work! I will also be doing the Raheny 5k so I'll see you there! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 lifian

Thanks.Training was good yesterday.Did long brisk walk in morning and 5k run in evening-33mins.Still hoping to do under 30 mins in raheny 5k!Heading to wexford for weekend-will get in some good walks & runs on beach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 lifian

Had a few good days in rosslare.Did 30 min run on friday evening and one and a half hr brisk walk on Saturday.On Sunday did 5k run as well as 40 min brisk walk.On Monday did one and a half hr brisk walk before coming home.Tuesday evening I did a 5k run in 30 mins which I was really happy with as I had done that same run in 44 mins about two months ago!Today did 50 min walk and 25 min run.I also lost 4.5lbs this week.Yaaaaay!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

:D Wow, I'm very very impressed! That sounds like alot of good work. I haven't done nearly as much this week - hope it all pays off in the race. I'll probably see you come whizzing past with your new svelte figure and all!

Advertisement