Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music on loudspeaker before Tipp v Cork anyone?

Options
  • 11-06-2009 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hello all
    I was at the Tipp v Cork match in Semple Stadium a few weeks ago and was curious about that song that was played over the loudspeakers before the match started.
    I think the guy said that someone had won a competition to write a song about the Tipp hurlers and that was the tune being broadcast.
    Anyone know this tune? I'm looking for the lyrics in particular but if i can get a copy of the song (as mp3 preferably) than even better :)
    Thanks everyone
    DG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I know the song but fecked if i can remember the name of it right now,it's been played on Tipp FM loads of times since it won the competition,i'll see if i can find out more about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 stik

The song is called "The Mighty Blue and Gold" and was written by Seamus Doran of Roscrea, he won the Premier Song Competition with it. Afraid I can't help you with the lyrics but it's due to be released on CD soon I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Sign up on premierview ? Tipp gaa forum. You will get the help needed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

the lyrics for the song were on the match programme that day in semple. If you know anyone who was at the game they might have one. If not PM me, i think i still have it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Op,

Did you find this in the end, I have a programme somewhere at home, I'll put up lyrics if you still need them.

A better song (which didn't win that comp) is We're from Tipperary - you tube it. (I'm in work so can't link to it unfortunately)

it's from Erins Own (I think - not 100% on that though)

• Advertisement

looder wrote: »
    Op,

Did you find this in the end, I have a programme somewhere at home, I'll put up lyrics if you still need them.

A better song (which didn't win that comp) is We're from Tipperary - you tube it. (I'm in work so can't link to it unfortunately)

it's from Erins Own (I think - not 100% on that though)

the beat to the song is pretty catchy but some of the lyrics.....:rolleyes: ........dougal and ted wouldnt write them!

EDIT: But at least its better then 'Shine on Kilkenny'

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

My old next door neighbour haha

neilk32 wrote: »
    My old next door neighbour haha

The guy responsible for the 'mighty blue and gold' or the guy responsible for 'shine on kilkenny'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomas911

It is available on a Tipperary song collection cd, I got one in the Tipp shop in Thurles. Its called the Mighty Blue and Gold and has a load of Tipp songs on it, including songs sung by Louise Morrissey,Denis Ryan etc

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

The guy responsible for the 'mighty blue and gold' or the guy responsible for 'shine on kilkenny'?

the mighty blue and gold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ScorpioVision

Hi there, I am looking for the lyrics to Erins Own 'Tipperary Home of Hurling' - anyone can help me there?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Check this out, a song for the Tipperary Team called "The Premier Rap" done for fun by a local band from Cahir called Johnny B & The Boogie Men. It's top class:

http://www.myspace.com/johnnybmakesmusic/music/playlists

Keep an eye out on YouTube and the bands Myspace/Facebook for the video which should be up soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Both songs are on TippFMs facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

julyjane wrote: »
    Both songs are on TippFMs facebook page

I heard it was on the radio alright. It's also been played by the DJ in a pub at the weekend.

Advertisement