Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrapping a '97 Micra?

• 11-06-2009 3:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Hope someone here can help me!
    How do I go about this? Is it possible to sell for scrap? Or do I have to pay someone to take it off my hands?

The car still runs, and its not been in any accidents, It's just old and I cant sell it... it's been sitting idle now for 2 months so have to do something with it.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

I'm in Cork by the way so if anyone knows a local yard that will either buy it or take it off my hands I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks guys:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Is it NCT'd? Would it pass one? That car should sell quite easily if in ok shape at the right price. I wouldn't dismiss it just because its old. If it's ok i'll take it off you for nothing:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

EPM wrote: »
    Is it NCT'd? Would it pass one? That car should sell quite easily if in ok shape at the right price. I wouldn't dismiss it just because its old. If it's ok i'll take it off you for nothing:D

It's out of NCT and would need a bit of work to pass it I reckon, the window on the passenger side needs jimmying and think the fuel pump is on the way out... been trying to sell it but to be honest if someone is buying a car now, why buy a 97 micra when you can get a much newer car for a better deal... the garages are practically giving away small cars at the mo, so I think it's prob best to count my losses... she's been good to me.... and send her to car heaven...:(
    Any idea of scrap yards in Cork, I see your from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Pouladuff dismantlers are who come to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭roosterman71

What colour is it? I know 2 people (1 looking for a front bumper, another for a front wing) of a micra. Both their cars are silver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Some info here for Cork.

http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/web/Cork%20County%20Council/Departments/Finance/Motor%20Tax/End-of-Life%20Vehicles.

You should ring them to make sure they accept Nissans as there might be different scrap yards for different makes.

from Offaly Co.Co but probably is relevent
    What is an ‘Authorised Treatment Facility’?
    This is where end-of-life vehicles are depolluted and dismantled in an environmentally safe manner. These facilities must meet stringent new environmental standards for the collection, storage and treatment of these vehicles. Please note that you should contact the ATF in advance to confirm that they will accept your vehicle type. Also please note that the ‘end-of-life vehicle’ must be intact with no parts missing and must not contain any waste.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

What colour is it? I know 2 people (1 looking for a front bumper, another for a front wing) of a micra. Both their cars are silver

Hi Roosterman, its green...
    Some info here for Cork.

http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/web/Cork%20County%20Council/Departments/Finance/Motor%20Tax/End-of-Life%20Vehicles.

You should ring them to make sure they accept Nissans as there might be different scrap yards for different makes.

from Offaly Co.Co but probably is relevent

Thanks Brightspark, will give them a shout.... have given one last push before I consign her to the scrap heap.... seems like such a shame:( and chucked her up on adverts.ie if nothing by mid next week will go to Pouladuff Dismantlers, rang them there yesterday and they'll take her, might even get a few bob for it.

Advertisement