Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 2760

• 11-06-2009 3:48pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Mods - Apologies & please tell me if I have missed something & am not supposed to post this. I did look in the FAQ & think I am within the Charter. The Unlock thread seems to be closed.

The story.

I have a bit of an urgent request. Going to Malta at Stupid Early Hour on Saturday morning & have found out that my phone is not allowed to roam there, unless myself & my wife both go to a Meteor Store & buy €60 of credit each from them. We don't use that much credit & just top up by €20 a month for the free calls & texts, so the extra €120 is just a rip off tax from them.

It will probably be cheaper to get a SIM each in Malta for the two weeks & use them instead. Here's the next hurdle. My cheap and cheerful Nokia 2760 is locked. Meteor will send me the unlock codes but it will take up to 4 working days, so I will then be in Malta with no phone to get the code when they text it to me. No ... they will not send it by email but they will text it to my wife but she will be there, so that is no use.

I am just haing Meteor at the moment & would change but I think all the other carriers are probably just as useless.

I have the code from the phone, would anyone have the software to get the unlock code?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It's not that they will not let us Roam, they just have a policy that you buy a €60 top up each to lift the Roaming Bar.

We would probably only be texting each other & the rest of the family that will be over there. I just find talking to the general customer support people at Meteor to be an exercise in frustration.

I will try again to see if they will email the coses to me, but the person I was talking to was adamant they will only send them by text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why wont meteor let you roam :confused:

Outside of their key destinations you have to top up €60 before they'll activate roaming on your account. It's because the roaming isn't live, you can use your phone and the network don't 'send meteor the bill' until the next day or a few days later so you could go into negative credit if they didn't ask you to top up.

Still head wrecking in this day and age though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The thing is I have my Credit Card details logged with them, but apparently with another department, so they need to follow this procedure.

Advertisement