Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

king size orthopaedic mattress

• 11-06-2009 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭

any ideas of where to get one at a good price around the Dublin area?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dinos

This is online, but if you want to check out matressman.co.uk, they do free delivery to ireland - ordered 2 last monday, and arrived 3 days later...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Dinos...I've just tried to register online but they wouldn't accept my post code with it being Ireland. How did you register / order with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

incorrect link,t missing ,should be

mattressman.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

dinos wrote: »
    This is online, but if you want to check out matressman.co.uk, they do free delivery to ireland - ordered 2 last monday, and arrived 3 days later...

Cheers dinos, I've just ordered a super-king size bed and top of the range Sealy mattress with them.....your link saved me a packet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Garda S Horgan

Was thinking of buying the Sealy Millionaire Luxery Mattress from these guys in the UK.
    Anyone here got that one or know what they are like?
    For 325sterling it seems on the cheap side but it does say it's RRP is 880 or something.

Any opinions on these?

Yours etc,
    GSH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Was thinking of buying the Sealy Millionaire Luxery Mattress from these guys in the UK.
    Anyone here got that one or know what they are like?
    For 325sterling it seems on the cheap side but it does say it's RRP is 880 or something.

Any opinions on these?

Yours etc,
    GSH.

I bought one of them from Matressman in superking size recently...down from a rrp of ~£1200 to ~£450 iirc. I already had a full memory foam king size matress but found the Sealy Millionaire much more comfortable. The matress was delivered within a week of purchasing. You'll need to have someone available to help carry the matress in when the courier arrives as its fairly heavy.

PS. I had priced some sealy matresses locally and the closest I could find in texture and feel to the Millionaire was €1,800!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Garda S Horgan

Kaymed was the other brand but they around 2k for their beds.
    For 450 sterling it's a great price though.

Yours etc,
    GSH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The prices on that site look amazing, I was in Harvey Norman at the weekend and decent quality mattresses were between €1,000 and €2,500.

Having said that, I'd be a little leary about buying a mattress on-line before trying it out first.

Does anyone know how Sealy compare with the likes of King Koil or Simmons mattresses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

The prices on that site look amazing, I was in Harvey Norman at the weekend and decent quality mattresses were between €1,000 and €2,500.

Having said that, I'd be a little leary about buying a mattress on-line before trying it out first.

Does anyone know how Sealy compare with the likes of King Koil or Simmons mattresses?
    im also concerned about buying without trying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

adamski8 wrote: »
    im also concerned about buying without trying :(
    For £400 I'd be willing to take a punt, if it doesn't work out then I'd use it in the guest bedroom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dinos

Well I was buying it for the spare room. Incidentally though, with a new baby, I have spent the last few weeks in the spare room trying to catch up on sleep - and it is a magic mattress - but that could be the lack of sleep helping me to take get my z's!

Why not try the mattress somewhere for real and then order online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

dinos wrote: »
    Well I was buying it for the spare room. Incidentally though, with a new baby, I have spent the last few weeks in the spare room trying to catch up on sleep - and it is a magic mattress - but that could be the lack of sleep helping me to take get my z's!

Why not try the mattress somewhere for real and then order online?
    where havent seen any of them when looking?

Advertisement