Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start

Options
  • 11-06-2009 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has used this company for a mortgage and if so are they ok/trusted? The give mortgages to people who have a poor credit rating etc. I think they charge higher interest rates than normal banks.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

They are a sub prime lender (yes the very same as those that started the whole mess over in the states).

Basically they are the equivalent of a money lender, but for larger amounts. Stay well clear of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Just wondering if anyone has used this company for a mortgage and if so are they ok/trusted? The give mortgages to people who have a poor credit rating etc. I think they charge higher interest rates than normal banks
    Have you been abroad for the last two years?
    Why don't you Google them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

Gave start a buzz there. Interest rates tend to start around 6.2%ish going up to 8 or 9%, all depending on how your credit history and personal circumstances look.

I suppose start mortages are suitable if you know what your getting into, know how to read the small print and are 100% needing to get a mortgage/house right now.

Companies (or banks for that matter) who are wise enough to make money out of people who are stupid enough to sign up is what mankind had always done and always will. People should take responsibility for their own actions. If you want something bad enough, you must pay the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ferga_com

In my opinion, all sub-prime lenders should be treated as avenues of last resort. Three things you should be aware of: -
    • Many sub-prime lenders don't pass on ECB interest rate cuts, even if you're on a variable rate.
    • At present, it's virtually impossible to re-mortgage to move from a sub-prime lender to a high street bank, even if your payment history with the sub-prime lender is impeccable.
    • At present, sub-prime lenders account for the vast majority of repossession applications before the Irish courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 highpayer

Hi
    Is anybody with Start. They do not lend anymore but I would like to know their lowest interest rate that has been agreed out there please. I am trying to get them to take a drop in rate Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement