Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing username

• 11-06-2009 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

how do i change my username on boards.ie

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

how do i change my username on boards.ie

Name changes are for subscribers only.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Spear wrote: »
    Name changes are for subscribers only.

whats a subscriber, I wouldn't mind a change also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You can't unless you subscribe but givne that you have only 7 posts why not just start a new account with the name you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

*mono* wrote: »
    whats a subscriber, I wouldn't mind a change also

http://www.boards.ie/subscribers.php?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Thaedydal wrote: »

I'll tell you what, the subscription isn't cheap. €50 for twelve months and the main benefit is to change the user name and access the sex board.

I wonder what goes on in that board to make it worth €50.

Or is it typical Irish prudishness. Mustn't talk about sex, unless it is with the local priest!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'll tell you what, the subscription isn't cheap. €50 for twelve months and the main benefit is to change the user name and access the sex board.

Or is it typical Irish prudishness. Mustn't talk about sex, unless it is with the local priest!

There's also customer avatars and taglines plus a few other bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Well, there's one easy way to find out :p

Anyway, if you just want to change your name, but don't have €50 to spare, you can subscribe for 1 month for a mere five of your Earth Euro and change your details (not only name, but Avatar and Tag-Line too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Do you reckon if you dropped it to €10 per year you'd have more than 5 times as many paying?

It's got nothing to do with being able to afford. It's perception of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

I have taken the leap and payed my subs...now how do I change username...

And yes the sex forum is unreal.... For what goes on there it should be €5 a night not €5 a month.........

Someone inform paypal they will be processing an unusually large amount of payments for boards following that comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Post in the Helpdesk or Subscribers forum for a name change request.

Also go here and change to the Subscribers group to get your commie stars. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I believe the main benefit of subscribing is the almost smug sense of satisfaction you get from knowing you're giving something back to such an excellent site which has given us all so much over the years. I for one think it's worth it.

The things listed here are just some nice benefits that go along with that. If you think €50 is too much, then just subscribe for 1 or 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I would like to think the main benefits of subscribing is to support such a good site, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I want to change names but I dont have a credit card. Can I just drop 50 quid into Dav in the boards office? :pac:

No seriously

Grimes wrote: »
    I want to change names but I dont have a credit card. Can I just drop 50 quid into Dav in the boards office? :pac:

No seriously

You can always get a 3V card. www.3v.ie

Just a thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Bono Vox wrote: »
    You can always get a 3V card. www.3v.ie

Just a thought

I could ....... forgot about them.

Grimes wrote: »
    I could ....... forgot about them.

:D:pac: