Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone problem

Options
  • 11-06-2009 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055583355

Basically I signed up online for a 12 month contract keeping my current number. Some 10 days later Vodafone have not ported me. I have sent them a letter telling them to port me or I will consider the contract void.

What are my rights in this situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Still no response from Vodafone. Where do I go from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

have to say I think its kinda funny but yet lucky at the same time, you're account isn't activated yet you have a new Tocco so how are they going to know what to charge you for a months rental? Have you been in contact with vodafone in the last few days after your registered letter?

Nope. I was expecting that at least they would phone me and try to blame o2 for the delay.

And do you want to move or are you just worried about the fact you have the phone now and be afraid of being hit with a big bill?

Well I am worried that they could try to charge me, but not being ported would prevent that imho. The obvious issue is that I don't want to be paying two providers for my one number.

At this stage I would be expecting them to offer a free month for all the hassle, seeing as I have to pay o2 for another month as a result of the delay.

• Advertisement

It really is bad form that no one has looked into it for you considering you sent a registered letter. Vodafone can't really charge you as they dont know which network you're on but... would you ring them again and see what the story is and explain that you've sent a registered letter again. Anyone else got suggestions?

When I phone them I can't get thru to anyone other than sales as "The number you have entered is not a valid vodafone number." Those guys don't give a stuff as you are not signing up and basically I am stopping them earning commission on new sales.

From what I can gather, their online sales system is a shambles and orders do not get transferred to their provisioning/porting department. In my case they cannot find my order at all, despite me having the phone and SIM.

Well they are customer care and there there to help you, they will more than likely offer you something for all this hassle.
    the reason its not recognising your number is due to the fact that they don't recognise it as a vodafone number. Customer Care on 1907 will have to put it through for you so best bet is to ring them and tell them you signed up online, have the phone but the port never went through and could they please sort it for you, I can't see why they wouldnt

What I am afraid will happen is that they will suddenly port me without warning maybe weeks from now.

Does anyone have any direct numbers for complaints in head office?

switchboard number is (01)2037777 Or Sales on 1907 will put you through to complaints/ supervisor

• Advertisement

At last I am on Vodafone! yay!

I got sorted once I found someone willing to listen and take the time to sort out the issue. I also got a free month as well for all the trouble I had experienced.

Well done to that man that sorted me out.

Advertisement